Dean Anderson's Sound of Soul, Thursday 8pm.

Chalky

I have been (very) slowly making my way through this thread listening to all of Dean's shows posted here by Chalky. Always a fantastic and eclectic mix of soul from all ages and genres. However since Christmas it seems all of the shows posted before October 2022 appear to have been removed. Anyone have any ideas why? I had reached September 21 or thereabouts...

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soulfusion said:

I have been (very) slowly making my way through this thread listening to all of Dean's shows posted here by Chalky. Always a fantastic and eclectic mix of soul from all ages and genres. However since Christmas it seems all of the shows posted before October 2022 appear to have been removed. Anyone have any ideas why? I had reached September 21 or thereabouts...

Mixcloud now charge £10 per month and I can’t afford it. The show page is on the basic plan where just ten shows are allowed. The rest go in to draft. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2022 at 16:53, Chalky said:

Last nights show, 29th Dec with myself playing some of my favourite releases from 2022.

Terrific end of year show Chalky. Just goes to show that, musically at least, 2022 was a great year for new and newly discovered music.

Missed out on House Brothers' Shake and the Soul4Real Bettye Swann releases.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last nights show 16th March 2023.

Two hours of the finest Soul music about, preview of some forthcoming MD Records release from Alfreda Brockington and Tommy Rodgers and Big Daddy Mark Bicknell's latest release from Jimmy Radcliffe.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Guy Hennigan joins Dean in the studio for this weeks show which reflects on the fabulous Top Dog and Soultown reunion at Stafford's Top of The World on Easter Sunday.  Guy gets the chance to play some records that didn't get onto the turntables last week and chat and digest the events of last week.  Gez and myself are also in the studio.

• Up vote 2
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2023 at 11:56, Chalky said:

Dean and Gez are joined by none other than John Manship for another two hours of quality soul music. (after Bitter into Sweet)

what's the last of John's picks, male vocal group, which Dean cuts short because time has run out?

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Dean Anderson presents the Sound of Soul
25th May 2023 
Every Thursday on Radio Newark 8pm until 10pm

Tonights Special Guests in the studio Andy "Tats" Taylor and Karl "Chalky" White

Slightly edited version to get round Mixcloud restrictions. The missing track is the final one "River Deep Mountain High".  You are only allowed so many tracks by one artist and no more than two consecutively and no more than 4 so had to cut the final one.

• Up vote 1
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source