thirst for more, no class djs and other stuff etc

OK, SOULFUL BOB...but how do we know that the DJ has the original! he could be lying! how would it work? i suppose just before he played the pressing he could have the original to hand and then we could, say have someone like John Manship come up and authenticate it ,obviously we would have to turn the lights on so he could see it properly, once John had given the thumbs up bingo! we could turn the lights back off..and hey presto we are away!...yeah think that could work...nice one Bob...best regards Jem

[

if you knew your stuff you,d have no probs /quote]

Social source share

• Replies 253
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well Bob, You should know who he is. He's your commanding officer in the Northants Soul Police!

The only posts you put on here are negative and derisory. You continue to snipe at genuine people who bring a lot of pleasure to an otherwise starved audience. For the vast majority who are not in your small elitist clique and just love the music, keep supporting the events you enjoy going to. Voting with your feet is the way to decide on what you want to listen to, then someone will notice 'the King is in the alltogether'.

By the way Bob, now that I know your true identity I have to have a little chuckle. To all the guys Bobs remarks are aimed at, don't lose any sleep. Keep doin' whatcha doin'

you know all these fine fellows then,haven,t mentioned a single name but you know ha ha

Social source share

Bearsy, thanks for your positive comments re Solid Hit :thumbsup: I just wondered if your friends who won't attend because of all the "slow stuff" have actually attended & made their own decision or whether they have heard bad things about us or have just made up their own minds that they won't enjoy our night ?

Of course it's everyones perogative as to whether thay choose to attend or not at any venue but I just wondered if anything in our flyers, website etc is actually putting some people off attending?

For anybody who hasn't attended for any reason, yes we do play off of original vinyl only because that is what we believe in & we do try & play things that you may not hear at a lot of venues & the occasional tune may be slower than most old classics but they are still danceable soul records. However we do appreciate that a lot of people prefer to listen & dance only to classic oldies that they are familiar with & for this reason we always include a healthy amount of the classics in every set.

Unfortunately you can never make everybody happy though we do try :rolleyes: :dance:

Thanks again Bearsy & hope to see you on Friday

Dave

Hi Dave,

I used your event as a fine example of possible blinkedness that a couple of my mates who are into the scene but not massively and only listen to the music and dont give 2 poo`s what format its on as long as its danceable (matter of opinion as we all have different tastes of course). they do make up numbers at venues and really enjoy the music

What i think i was trying to say was, with all the talk of Original vinyl/boots/cd`s etc going on they really dont care and they seem to feel that if its an Original only event that for some reason it must be of the rare/slow style of music thats part of our scene that does not do it for them as they like to dance to something with a bit of a pulse (thier words not mine).They do accept that not every tune is going to be to thier liking and not every DJ BUT They also think that there is a big snobbery in playing Original vinyl and its all about oneup manship between DJs to show off there collection and the fact that the dance floor could be empty and the dj didnt careless, It does happen as ive seen it with my own eyes as i explained in my earlier post. I personally would not NOT go to an event for this reason i would want to go even more for that reason alone (OVO) but thats me. If i did then go to an event and that it was not to my taste i probably wouldnt be in to much of a rush to go back. So for them and maybe others taking a risk on DJ`s competeing with each other and ignoring the floor maybe blinkered and who cares if they go or not but what if it does stop people attending. mmmm

So can my mates (to be fair to them are trusting me and doing different venues now) be an example of many people with maybe the same feelings and think that ORIGINAL means RARE and thats equals "snobbery".

I know this could upset some but it could seriously be true to some too so if anything good comes out of it FANTASTIC but if not and ive killed the scene in one fowl swoop SORRY .

These are only thoughts and not opinons of mine.

If i still have not made myself any more clearer im sorry but i kind of understand what im trying to say :shhh: .

Dave,

I am really trying my hardest to get a PASS off of the missus for friday (got one for Lightwater) and get up there as like i mentioned i have got to know Gene recently and have experienced his music on a few occasions and know he is not only a top guy but a top DJ with top tunes.

For me SHS is an event i have yet to conquer but as i promised Gene i will try my upmost to come and attend and hoping its this friday.

Bearsy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert