Best Feelings In The World

Mak

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Putting a newely aquired record on the turntable, one that you have bought blind & turns out to be a stormer, thats a pretty good feeling.

Unfortunatly it turns out to be a right stinker more often than not.

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

5am at a nighter an absolute stormer comes on its like some force from above picks you up and drops you on the dance floor! and knowing all the 'normal' people are in there beddie by's.

Can you tell i wish i was at the Wilton, f***in colds :angry:

Edited by Baz
Social source share

first pint after five days lager free work days

playing an old played out washed up 45 and realising its brill again

dancing to the salvadors in the mid 70,s

hearing a new "best thing ive ever heard" record...

finding out the records only worth £20....

getting the record....

seeing the reds lose

watching a good looking girl dance

me dancing under the influence of...., and thinking i,m good looking

the broadways "you just dont know"

meeting someone through work or family or any other occaision where you dont expect it to happen that has an interest in music, especially, rocknroll, doowap, northern,funk, rare groove,jazz funk...

making up with the mrs after 6 hours of cold shoulder because ive spent 8 hours talking about scooters, loafers, joy lovejoy ,cleos,70s kickers, pods, harringtons ect to cousin gayles new partner aged 47 from stoke

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

first pint after five days lager free work days

playing an old played out washed up 45 and realising its brill again

dancing to the salvadors in the mid 70,s

hearing a new "best thing ive ever heard" record...

finding out the records only worth £20....

getting the record....

seeing the reds lose

watching a good looking girl dance

me dancing under the influence of...., and thinking i,m good looking

the broadways "you just dont know"

meeting someone through work or family or any other occaision where you dont expect it to happen that has an interest in music, especially, rocknroll, doowap, northern,funk, rare groove,jazz funk...

making up with the mrs after 6 hours of cold shoulder because ive spent 8 hours talking about scooters, loafers, joy lovejoy ,cleos,70s kickers, pods, harringtons ect to cousin gayles new partner aged 47 from stoke

Bloody hell did you write that or me,

I can relate to that word for word (exept the 6 hours of cold shoulder as its normally 6 days :boxing: ),

Spot on Cod :P

Bearsy

Social source share

Bloody hell did you write that or me,

I can relate to that word for word (exept the 6 hours of cold shoulder as its normally 6 days :boxing: ),

Spot on Cod :P

Bearsy

Having a young Sean Hampsey introducing himself to me at one of my gigs back in 1979 , and telling me that he was going to make a name for himself on the scene .

I am pleased to say he did .

A PMA even then .

Malc Burton

THE CORNER POCKET , Mexborough , South Yorkshire

Saturday , January 20th - 7.30 PM to 1 AM

7th Anniversary

Special Guest - Torch and Blackpool Mecca Legend

COLIN CURTIS

Info : Malc Burton 07748 378275 / e-mail : burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk

Social source share

5am at a nighter an absolute stormer comes on its like some force from above picks you up and drops you on the dance floor! and knowing all the 'normal' people are in there beddie by's.

Can you tell i wish i was at the Wilton, f***in colds :angry:

Dont want to rub it in Baz, but you missed an absolute belter, I thought musically it was fantastic.

Social source share

Guest markmtfc

Still playing football at 42, and scoring, and still feeling as good as you did when you were 12.

Hearing that ellusive record you have been looking for for years that still gets you on the floor

Watching England win

Walking into a venue you have never been in before and thinking fcuking hell this place is buzzing

Social source share

having someone shake my hand after a set...without even mentioning the fact im a girl :rolleyes:

choons that make all your hairs stand up........

seeing the guy who thinks hes a great dancer fall over... :thumbsup: ...

seeing the guy who IS a great dancer piss all over him..... :lol:

cookie :wicked:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Leaving work

Geting caught checking out cleavage, and being smiled back at.

Leaving work on a Friday

The opening bars of the Martells.

Leaving work to go on holiday.

My mate Bob's daughter putting her arms around me and saying 'I love you Michael, you are daddy's best friend'

Social source share

Spend hours diggin thru records without feeling tired, hungry, etc...

Buy a lot of records out of town and play them in your house after a week

Anf the best, of course: arriving home after a long and tiring school day and see onw or two 7" packs on the living room...

Cheers

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Leaving work

My mate Bob's daughter putting her arms around me and saying 'I love you Michael, you are daddy's best friend'

That takes some beating Mikey !

Social source share

Best feeling I had recently, was finding The Classics on Yang-G in a big cardboard box full of 45s without sleeves.. makes the "on your knees in dirt" searching all worth while..

Social source share

CHING,CHING £ £ £ £ £ £ £ £ smile.gif happy New Year,John.

Kind Regards,Kev

it's not the ££££s, it's the dream of finding one being realised.. same box had a PROMO of R&B time which gave me almost as much pleasure..

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Cheers Gav.

There were a few gulps around the table, and not because of the Sunday lunch.

Another to add. Sitting in a taxi in Shanghai and my little brother nattering away with the driver, and swapping jokes in Mandarin. Proud as punch.

Social source share

Cheers Gav.

Another to add. Sitting in a taxi in Shanghai and my little brother nattering away with the driver, and swapping jokes in Mandarin. Proud as punch.

You cant beat that feeling of seeing your team winning 3.1 in the fa cup & then...................... letting it slip from your hands shades.gif:yes:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Cheers Gav.

You cant beat that feeling of seeing your team winning 3.1 in the fa cup & then...................... letting it slip from your hands shades.gif biggrin.gif

Cheers Garv. Remind me to shake you warmly by the throat next time we meet. :yes:

Belter of a cup tie. And not a flamin mention on 5 live.

We were singing 'one nil and you ####ed it up'.

Guess what they were singing at the end rolleyes.gif

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Guest soul_hull

had this conversation in the pub the other day. best feelings for me are:

my personal holy grail of football results - my two teams (one english one scottish - i grew up in scotland) winning, and 'the filth' losing - i won't say my teams - by when my two win and the filth lose, that really lifts my spirits. doesn't happen very often either.

best feeling i ever ever had was buying my first vespa as a sixteen yr old. three days of the kind of excitement that keeps you awake and makes you run all the way home from school just to have a go on it. still mto this day, that three days, til the excitment wore off a bit, is the biggest thrill - amazing, it was.

and my team once scored in a cup final (but later lost) and when that goal went in, cue a FULL TEN MINUTES of pure dancing around like banshees. only sport, i think, can induce those kinds of outbursts, dancing and jumping for joy for several minutes. that was good.

being transported at a soul night by a song you've never heard outside your bedroom, but now a dj is playing it, and the floor is full - i like that.

nostalgia can be nice too - if ever i'm down, i look back and ask my five year old self how he'd like me to feel now today - that soon cheers me up smile.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

There isn't a record in the world to beat the feeling of Proud Fatherhood...

TONE (A Proud Father, in case you hadn't guessed) biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest soul_hull

nostalgia can be nice too - if ever i'm down, i look back and ask my five year old self how he'd like me to feel now today - that soon cheers me up :yes:

What a lovely thought.. :shades:

Karen

thank you thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I wuv you nanny :boxing:

One of the best feelings in the world is .....

Making contact with old friends from the scene again .

2006 saw me back in contact with two very dear mates after 28 years ..... Definately one of the best feelings anyone could have ; Priceless .

Malc Burton

THE CORNER POCKET , Mexborough , South Yorkshire

Saturday , January 20th - 7.30 PM until 1 AM

7th Anniversary

Special Guest DJ - Torch and Blackpool Mecca Legend

COLIN CURTIS

Info : Malc Burton 07748 378275 / e-mail ; burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk

Social source share

it's not the ££££s, it's the dream of finding one being realised.. same box had a PROMO of R&B time which gave me almost as much pleasure..

I saw this on your auction John which was a bit of a surprise really, even more when you said you or Carl had never seen one - I've had two in the last year, maybe 18 months, the first one I was really excited about but a bit deflated when nobody else shared my enthusiasm and it sold for something like 60 quid after four or five reductions - the second went up on here about 2 months back, photo n'all, again I think it only went for 75 quid. I don't think people appreciate how rare - or aesthetically pleasing - it is. Brilliant record too.

Social source share

Guest the soulster

my best feeling in the world is when my 2, 15 year old lads can still say they love me (not when their mates are around though LOL) and they think i'm cool because i dont act like a 42 year old like some of their mates dads. shades.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert