• Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest melandthensome

Ive got the album and a kendra spotswood on Tuff records

is it kendra thats aka Sandi Sheldon or am I getting mixed up here.

cheers

mel

Social source share

cheers

mel

Hi Mel

I've just been searching for the thread,

I believe that it is Kendra Spotswood/Sandi Sheldon,

I just can't find the recent thread where I read it.

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

A few weeks after my mates funeral pete Lawson I went to see his mother as I normaly did and she produced a few 45s and this album to me and said to me 'take one out of the various sounds to remind you of pete'

I refused as I knew pete since 1971 but she insisted so I chose the album as I remember us in my flat and also the day the album arrived from the states

I still have the album with the original american parcel but the irony of this was when yet another of my good friends left us Frank jackson I always remember years ago frank playing various stuff from the album.........

Sad but true.........

anyway sorry for the waffling but thanks for the reply mate

mel

Social source share

Hi Mel

I've just been searching for the thread,

I believe that it is Kendra Spotswood/Sandi Sheldon,

I just can't find the recent thread where I read it.

Kendra is definitely Sandi Sheldon. She's also the lead singer of The Vonnettes who did Touch My Heart on Cobblestone. They were meant to be called The Vannettes after Van McCoy apparently.

Social source share

Kendra is definitely Sandi Sheldon. She's also the lead singer of The Vonnettes who did Touch My Heart on Cobblestone. They were meant to be called The Vannettes after Van McCoy apparently.

Hi Pete

Thanks, I am sure that it has been stated somewhere on Soul Source

that the lady on this Chris Bartley picture sleeve is actually her,

I just can't find it.

------------For anyone that hasn't seen this

----------------WHEN VAN MET KENNI

>>> The Sandi Sheldon Story <<<

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

The lady on the pic sleeve is indeed Ms Spotswood. As confirmed by her personally earlier in the year as we were preparing the Van McCoy piece for the magazine. It's also (as stated by Roger) correct that the same picture was used on the LP.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Hi Dave

Thanks for that, I knew that I had read it somewhere. :thumbsup:

Social source share

yeah cheers Dave

Hey Roger

'touch my heart' top sound mate and then some......... :rolleyes:

Hi Mel

My freind Mick Cook, Introduced me to The Vonettes, The Chalfontes and many more.

I well remember him bringing a pile of records to our house and saying, listen to this It's Brilliant.

He always had some top sounds, the only time I ever saw a Blue Amy Stock Copy for Too Darn Soulful was Micks.

He had a "Not A Chance In A Million" Stock Copy which he sold to me, He bought it back Months Later, sold me some others.

Happy Days, Unfortunately he's no longer with us, He went to The Torch etc :shades:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Got a tape Roger from The Mecca from 1972 when the chalfonts was Massive........plus other top dancers back then the atmosphere is electric......Had a Torch tape but lost it.

Sorry to hear about your mate..........a lot of good people on the scene are now sadly no longer around.........Great memories though :rolleyes:

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Guest Dave Turner

Hi Mel

My freind Mick Cook, Introduced me to The Vonettes, The Chalfontes and many more.

I well remember him bringing a pile of records to our house and saying, listen to this It's Brilliant.

He always had some top sounds, the only time I ever saw a Blue Amy Stock Copy for Too Darn Soulful was Micks.

He had a "Not A Chance In A Million" Stock Copy which he sold to me, He bought it back Months Later, sold me some others.

Happy Days, Unfortunately he's no longer with us, He went to The Torch etc :lol:

Poke, Me and Mick at Cleethorpes Winter Gardens. Mick was one of the very best. RIP

Sorry about the small pic. Being a techno-turd I can't seem to make it bigger

post-13147-1220426780_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

theres some excellent non 45 tracks on the album..."sitting pretty"........"sugar baby"......"my baby"..... :thumbup:

Fookin great LP :lol:

btw 'Sugar baby' came out as 'I know we can work it out' on by Chris Bartley on Buddah! What a brilliant track!

Sandi Sheldon looked just like she did on that LP when she came over here a few years ago too!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Remember, the Mighty 'Bub' always used to play 'Michael The Lover' in memory of Mick.

RIP

Sean

Always grieves me that great guys like Mick have their life cut short. Bub, Mick and many others. So sad.

I walk the streets and see so many shitheads that will live in good health until they're ninety. No justice.

Wherever they are Bub and Mick will be spinning 'em some good choons that's for sure.

Social source share

Always grieves me that great guys like Mick have their life cut short. Bub, Mick and many others. So sad.

I walk the streets and see so many shitheads that will live in good health until they're ninety. No justice.

Wherever they are Bub and Mick will be spinning 'em some good choons that's for sure.

Poke, Me and Mick at Cleethorpes Winter Gardens. Mick was one of the very best. RIP

Photo_Poke_Dave_Mick.jpg

Hi Dave

I have enlarged the Photo for you. Many thanks for the Photo,

Mick was a very good friend, sadly no longer with us, but remembered by those who knew him. R.I.P.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

The lady on the pic sleeve is indeed Ms Spotswood. As confirmed by her personally earlier in the year as we were preparing the Van McCoy piece for the magazine. It's also (as stated by Roger) correct that the same picture was used on the LP.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

I had the pleasure of re-uniting them in New Brunswick at the Soul Trip USA, somewhere I have

a big poster of the 2 of them signed by them, will dig it out and post. A the world now knows I

am Sandi's official chauffeur :lol:laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest veep1296

cheers

mel

Hi Ian,

You are correct Ian.

The Chris Bartley album pic was used on the PS single too. the lady is Kendra.

I got both Kendra & Chris to sign the album in New Jersey 06. soon after i sent a spare PS 45 & Billboard ad to Kendra.

A lovely lady who has recently stepped back from music in favour of Christianity.

Regards

David

post-5119-1220636618_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Brilliant Chris - thanks for posting 'em thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

How can you tell Mr Laylor & I were in the same place?

VMC HEAVEN!!

See you in Spain on 18th Chris!!

Regards

David

post-5119-1220636876_thumb.jpg

post-5119-1220636957_thumb.jpg

post-5119-1220637092_thumb.jpg

post-5119-1220637186_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Never seen this before either

I came accros this on an old file this morning :

It's a contract for Chris appearing on the Clay Cole Show 9th August 1967, the rate paid was

"scale" whatever that was then !! Broadcasting from WPIK Florida, aahh Florida the sweetest thing

this side of heaven...................

This is petty nifty too...................

smile.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert