Mace Made Me Cream My Pants

hehehehehe.gif

Seriously though, just taken receipt of two CD's compiled by Mace and I'm left feeling very excited! Hope you don't mind, but I've uploaded them in a lossy state that aren't good for saving out to cd so that everyone else can have a listen. They're only at around 500k a song and you can get them here: Mace Fantasticness

For me, Young Jessie, Tony Middleton, Herbie Goins and Jo Ann Henderson!

Social source share

• Replies 53
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest andrew bin

hehehehehe.gif

Seriously though, just taken receipt of two CD's compiled by Mace and I'm left feeling very excited! Hope you don't mind, but I've uploaded them in a lossy state that aren't good for saving out to cd so that everyone else can have a listen. They're only at around 500k a song and you can get them here: Mace Fantasticness

For me, Young Jessie, Tony Middleton, Herbie Goins and Jo Ann Henderson!

:shades:laugh.gif not something you very often "mace made me cream my pants"

have you seen a very young mace on the Vauxhall advert "your not wronggggg" :thumbsup:

Social source share

Well...what can I say... :thumbsup::lol:

Though credit where credits due, half the tracks on the Rhythm & Soul Set Reunion CD from last year were Rob Messers, who used to be my co-promoter on those events, and Tony Middleton was one of his :shades:

...and as for Binny and Pikey...perhaps you should have a word with your partners, I'm sure they know exactly where Karen is 'coming' from with this statement :lol:wicked.gif

Social source share

I'm still shuddering! Have listened to Turely Richards at least 7 times already, around my conservatory!

:thumbsup: Got a spare Turley Richards 'I need to fall in love' if anyone wants one...minta for £100 (one was listed on here for £200 last year)

Might as well try make some coin out of the thread eh :shades:

Social source share

You might have to explain that one to some of the more delicate members of the forum Steve. :thumbsup:

And you'll now be labeled as a mysogonist as well as all the other things they called you on the other thread wicked.gif

If any of those darlings want to put a bit of lippy on and call me a mysoginist between doing the washing ironing and making their mans supper they're welcome Dave.

In for a penny..................... :shades:

Social source share

Guest Neil-ok

Mace Made Me Cream My Pants!!!!!

Wow what a thread title :unsure:

Could some kind moderator please move this thread to the correct room

Look at your box :no: .

Social source share

:no: Got a spare Turley Richards 'I need to fall in love' if anyone wants one...minta for £100 (one was listed on here for £200 last year)

Might as well try make some coin out of the thread eh :unsure:

erm.....you never told me you had a turley riichards for sale :angry:

Social source share

Hi there Soul girl

I know Mace already gave me a bit of credit but I'd just like to clarify I helped you cream your pants a bit as half the rhythm n soul set tracks (incl Tony Middleton - your 'tune of the week') were mine. We used to run do's back in the 80's / 90's and compiled the CD together. He did track one to 17 I did the rest. Glad you liked it though.

Don't matter how many good tunes you've got if you dont live in the right area or you dont do enough arse licking you dont get DJ spots !

See you at Prestatyn !

Rob Messer

P.s If anyone wants a 'Hard copy' I have a few of the CD's left at a fiver each (+ P&P). Maybe might help you cream your pants too !!!

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

NICE MIX OF TUNES

I`M LIKING THE DEE WONDER TRACK,NICE R& B/SOUL THING

ARE THESE THE SORT OF TRACKS THAT GET PLAYED AT BIDDS.

IF SO WE`RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY A VISIT THIS YEAR.

NEIL

Social source share

NICE MIX OF TUNES

I`M LIKING THE DEE WONDER TRACK,NICE R& B/SOUL THING

ARE THESE THE SORT OF TRACKS THAT GET PLAYED AT BIDDS.

IF SO WE`RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY A VISIT THIS YEAR.

NEIL

The Dee Wonder is on Ware.

Happen to have a spare of that as well... :ohmy:

Ex cond for £40.

Some of these have been played at Bidds, some others will no doubt be spun there in the future.

We have an open music policy at Bidds, so DJs play what they want when they want....so all genres are included, R&B is popular there.

Hope you can make it over sometime...you'll love it thumbsup.gif

Regards

Mace

Social source share

erm.....you never told me you had a turley riichards for sale :angry:

been playing this myself on and off for a year or two (from 45), don't think I've ever had a single person dance to it, not once, not express any interest in it. SWONS etc. rolleyes.gif

I have a spare copy of his album 'The many souls of Turley Richards' on 20th Century with this track on it, cool sleeve as well

Social source share

been playing this myself on and off for a year or two (from 45), don't think I've ever had a single person dance to it, not once, not express any interest in it. SWONS etc. rolleyes.gif

I have a spare copy of his album 'The many souls of Turley Richards' on 20th Century with this track on it, cool sleeve as well

I played it out as my opening track at Burslems Queens Hall last July, and half a dozen people got up for it straight away, you must have warmed 'em up for me with your previous spins :ohmy:

Is the album any good?

Social source share

Mace whats the info on the Tommy Tucker please..ie Label price etc...Thanx Graham.

U.K. London mate (not aware of any U.S. release)

Reckon it would fetch between £100- £150, though not seen one listed for a good while mate (and for anyone who reckons it's only a £50 record please send any you find to me for that price, I'll buy 'em all day long biggrin.gif )

Regards

Mace

Social source share

Reckon it would fetch between £100- £150, though not seen one listed for a good while mate (and for anyone who reckons it's only a £50 record please send any you find to me for that price, I'll buy 'em all day long :thumbsup: )

Regards

Mace

Presume you're talking about Oh What A Feeling?

I reviewed that in Beatin Rhythm something like 14 years ago and I think it was totally unknown so I valued it at £20.

£80 now I reckon Mace. Tops.

Social source share

Presume you're talking about Oh What A Feeling?

I reviewed that in Beatin Rhythm something like 14 years ago and I think it was totally unknown so I valued it at £20.

£80 now I reckon Mace. Tops.

I seem to remember us having a similar discussion on here about the value of Martha Reeves 'No-one there' when you you insisted it was about £25 and I said it was an easy £75 - £100.

What price was your last Martha Reeves listed at Pete... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Reckon it would fetch between £100- £150, though not seen one listed for a good while mate (and for anyone who reckons it's only a £50 record please send any you find to me for that price, I'll buy 'em all day long :thumbsup: )

Regards

Mace

Thanx Mace,will certainly look out for that 45....Thanx for sharing mate.

Social source share

Ha ha great picture that

I was 18 and thought "I know I'll get some yellow trousers made - they'll look cool"

They WOULD have too if I'd gone for a subtle lemon instead of banana !

Brings back some good memories though.

I have no shame

Rob

I'd just like to take this opportunity to confirm that it is in fact true - Rob Messer really does have no shame!

It was inevitable that he would put in a guest appearance on this thread being as it covers his three favourite topics, namely:

sexual innuendo

the possibility of earning a bob or two for very little effort

griping about the lack of bookings he gets ( he is in fact a very good dj who is greatly overlooked in the London area)

i do have to point out that he can be a bit of an arse too. :thumbsup:

but we love him just the same.

martin

Social source share

Guest soul_hull

Hi there Soul girl

I know Mace already gave me a bit of credit but I'd just like to clarify I helped you cream your pants a bit as half the rhythm n soul set tracks (incl Tony Middleton - your 'tune of the week') were mine. We used to run do's back in the 80's / 90's and compiled the CD together. He did track one to 17 I did the rest. Glad you liked it though.

Don't matter how many good tunes you've got if you dont live in the right area or you dont do enough arse licking you dont get DJ spots !

See you at Prestatyn !

Rob Messer

P.s If anyone wants a 'Hard copy' I have a few of the CD's left at a fiver each (+ P&P). Maybe might help you cream your pants too !!!

i'll have one - great selection of tunes - much ealier sixties (sounding) than the stuff i usually listen to - but great stuff - i've pm'd you.

Paul.

Social source share

I played it out as my opening track at Burslems Queens Hall last July, and half a dozen people got up for it straight away, you must have warmed 'em up for me with your previous spins :yes:

Is the album any good?

ha ha I seriously doubt it mate, there's one really good track on the album called 'that's what you do' - I'll see if I can throw up a sound file sometime (I'd have to make it first). I was planning on playing that one out a bit but due to lack of interest I never bothered to get it cut (can't be carrying LPs about :thumbsup: )

Social source share

I seem to remember us having a similar discussion on here about the value of Martha Reeves 'No-one there' when you you insisted it was about £25 and I said it was an easy £75 - £100.

What price was your last Martha Reeves listed at Pete... :thumbsup:

:yes:

Simon said it was £25 not me

Social source share

Hi there Soul girl

See you at Prestatyn !

Rob Messer

It was truely a fantastic 3-some then - and I thank you for that - it was most enjoyable! :wicked:

See you at Prestatyn :thumbsup:

Social source share

I've emailed Turley Richards to thank him for that record - I felt that passionate about it :ohmy: If you're interested I'll show you the reply when I get it :wicked: I didn't realise he was a white man! Not many white men with such soulful voices!!

Social source share

Simon said it was £25 not me

It is a £25 record but if peeps wanna pay more that's their lookout.

I think Paul TP summed it up when he scanned his cover for the record that he bought about 6 years ago, think it was about £8.

Don't think inflation or demand have gone up that much since then.

Simon

Social source share

If there's one for £8 - or £25.00 I'll have it :wicked:

You can also get it on an album, think it's called 'Black magic' probably about £15.

Keep your eyes peeled Karen, you never know when one will turn up, it's the sort of record that may turn up at a record fair on a non soul collectors stall, someone who has a few bits & bobs.

Remember it's a general release on a massive record label at a time when Martha Reeves was massively established so i'm sure plenty of copies were pressed.

Simon

Social source share

Thanks Simon - if you see one for sale let me know - I'm not much cop at looking through piles of records :wicked: I remember one year being really excited that I'd found the Tempets album, and it was snapped out of my fingers on ebay and I felt gutted :ohmy:

Social source share

My point on the Martha Reeves (as a comparison to the Tommy Tucker on U.K. London) was not what it should be worth, the bookprice, or how many copies exist....but the true value it fetches when its put up for sale or auction.

For some reason I seem to remember Pete saying it should be a £25 record about a year ago cus I'm sure I remarked on it and added that it was worth more....I'm aware that Pete listed one recently for the kinda price I believe it to be worth.

Hence me mentioning it as a comparison. :wicked:

I may be wrong here, and I can't be arsed to search the site for the old threads, so apologies if I am....but my point goes back that it's very easy when asked what a tune is worth on here for some-one else to come back and dispute it one way or another...I know what I was willing to pay for Tommy Tucker when I was after it, and I know what other R&B collectors chasing it now are willing to pay......whereas to a northen collector it may have little value, to an R&B collector it is quite a desirable item.

If it had been released on U.S. Festival, in the same quantities as, say 'That's how much' it would fetch more than £80, but it wasn't, and the U.K. release is quite hard to find nowadays (as I said, if anyone know different post 'em up at £50 each and I'll buy 'em up!)

The facts, like 'em or not are....

Martha Reeves fetches a solid £75 - £100

Tommy Tucker would fetch £100 easy...maybe as much as £150 nowadays

Whilst everybody has their own valued opinion to what a tune may, or should be worth, that is only a personal opinion....in reality they shouldn't be worth what any of us pay cus we are all as mad as f*ck paying what we do for bits of round plastic :ohmy:

Social source share

.in reality they shouldn't be worth what any of us pay cus we are all as mad as f*ck paying what we do for bits of round plastic

I agree with you, only because I don't buy records and think you're all mad as hatters :wicked:

Social source share

Rob, you know you're one of BoogalooSoul's favourite guest djs and as soon as you send me one of your cds I'll be booking you again. whistling.gif

Warren

Social source share

Another point about the Martha Reeves is why do people pay £100 for one of her more average records when you could pay a fiver for a superior side such as 'In my lonely room' or 'I'm ready for love'. Both uptempo stormers & a lot more oomph than the rather lame 'No one there' imho.

Simon :)

Social source share

Another point about the Martha Reeves is why do people pay £100 for one of her more average records when you could pay a fiver for a superior side such as 'In my lonely room' or 'I'm ready for love'. Both uptempo stormers & a lot more oomph than the rather lame 'No one there' imho.

Simon :)

Because they want to.... :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert