Demures

Bought mine off Ebay. Pulled into Corley services on the way to Winsford allnighter, plugged my internet dongle into my laptop (those were the days!) and sat waiting to put a late bid in. Got it for £221 if I remember correctly.

Always been one of my favourite records. I play it regularly. It always goes down well at Rugby, Swinton and Nuneaton niters.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Up vote Up vote Cheers

7 hours ago, Spook said:

Played it a couple of weeks ago at Newport.

Ist heard Pep play it in the early 90's and bought a demo, sold that as you do and now have an issue. 

demures.thumb.jpg.c5f0ff98dfa067f99e857523d012f91a.jpg

The very first time I heard it was on one of the early Kent albums - On The Up Beat I think. Only ever heard it played once, Ian Clark I think at the 100 Club in about 1986 (though my memory might be letting me down there). I've got the issue as well. Great record.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Paraboliccurve said:

Up vote Up vote Cheers

The very first time I heard it was on one of the early Kent albums - On The Up Beat I think. Only ever heard it played once, Ian Clark I think at the 100 Club in about 1986 (though my memory might be letting me down there). I've got the issue as well. Great record.

Seconded mate, the tune had sth like a cult status amongst the first German Soul generation, the KENT educated one. First time I heard it "live" was then in 1989 @Leighton Buzzard allnighters, sounded awesome in that huge hall. Demo here since decades and one that will stay with me till the end.. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 24/04/2023 at 19:13, Marc Forrest said:

Seconded mate, the tune had sth like a cult status amongst the first German Soul generation, the KENT educated one. First time I heard it "live" was then in 1989 @Leighton Buzzard allnighters, sounded awesome in that huge hall. Demo here since decades and one that will stay with me till the end.. 

Huge hall Leighton? I went in 88' thought it was in a small club?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!