JMAuction - 16/08/2023 - Results!

Zanetti
Go to solution Solved by Frankie Crocker,

17 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Linda & Debonettes - 1005£

Who the hell is Linda & Debonetts on HAPPINESS?
Awesome! A listed sale on Popsike from 2021 for $5000!!! (VG-) - my guess is ChrisCarnahan!

These are the auctions of the unknowns I like.

John, can you please throw more of these at us ... these are the real grenades and not maybe necessarily the tenth copy of Spyder Turner or Bobby Paris ....

Bildschirmfoto 2023-08-16 um 19.29.15.png

Social source share

Carstairs is a truly crazy price.  The market is fcuked, i don’t care how much it is hyped, how worldwide it is, £150 just a few years ago, £300 just a couple of months ago.  To quadruple in a matter of months just shows the lack of common sense in some buyers. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Chalky said:

Carstairs is a truly crazy price.  The market is fcuked, i don’t care how much it is hyped, how worldwide it is, £150 just a few years ago, £300 just a couple of months ago.  To quadruple in a matter of months just shows the lack of common sense in some buyers. 

let's hope they really love it and keep it or they get burned later down the line if they try to sell it and the price drops to what it should be

Social source share

1 hour ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Carstairs £1,115.00... 

5A1FBDD9-C6EC-4865-8CC6-1912039ECF47.png

Only Mr Manship could get that price, and as we have all seen, the same happens with lots of these auction records! Two people at least were willing to pay that kind of money! Surely these are the very people who bought his price guides??

I can only imagine the buyers must feel very secure or fashionable and think buying from this auction site is the pinnacle of collecting rare soul records!

Edited by Solidsoul
Social source share

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Just noticed on discogs that there is a second Cindy copy of El Anthony: CINDY (1001)
Is that also a yellow edition then?
This is absolutely new to me - does anyone have info, like scan or soundfile?

Does anyone have a clue about it?

thx

Social source share

13 hours ago, Corbett80 said:

I cannot believe that Carstairs price?! Why in gods name would you put a grand on that record?! People on this scene are truly mental and have too much money!

A few years ago, purely by accident / coincidence, I came across someone who was into northern in the 70s. He had left the scene then and is now a multi millionaire with more money than he knows what to do with. When we got talking about it, he wanted me to take him to a venue (100 Club which he had heard of) so he could relive his youth (one more time) and he also told me he wanted to buy some records (mine were not for sale obv.). His knowledge only extended to the basic / obvious stuff and I got the impression that he originally bought boots in the 70s as he talked about this chest full of records he had bought at the time that had now long gone or were in his mother's loft (I can't remember which as these conversations get mixed up). By the end of the conversation, he told me how he had now decided he was going to buy some of the records once more. I can assure everyone that money was the last thing on his mind. Loose change to get what he wanted, he probably spends the same on his monthly car valeting and gardeners bill, or a trinket for his wife. I am sure he is not alone and that is just the world we live in. I don't think it's him buying this particular 45 as he appeared to have disappeared again soon after our initial conversation, but there will be plenty of others like him out there.    

Edited by Steve G
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

20 minutes ago, Steve G said:

A few years ago, purely by accident / coincidence, I came across someone who was into northern in the 70s. He had left the scene then and is now a multi millionaire with more money than he knows what to do with. When we got talking about it, he wanted me to take him to a venue (100 Club which he had heard of) so he could relive his youth (one more time) and he also told me he wanted to buy some records (mine were not for sale obv.). His knowledge only extended to the basic / obvious stuff and I got the impression that he originally bought boots in the 70s as he talked about this chest full of records he had bought at the time that had now long gone or were in his mother's loft (I can't remember which as these conversations get mixed up). By the end of the conversation, he told me how he had now decided he was going to buy some of the records once more. I can assure everyone that money was the last thing on his mind. Loose change to get what he wanted, he probably spends the same on his monthly car valeting and gardeners bill, or a trinket for his wife. I am sure he is not alone and that is just the world we live in. I don't think it's him buying this particular 45 as he appeared to have disappeared again soon after our initial conversation, but there will be plenty of others like him out there.    

True, Steve. There are millionaires out there who have the reserves to buy anything without considering the cost. On the other hand, you don’t get to be a multi-millionaire by wasting money - some of the richest people in the world are amongst the most parsimonious. 

As mentioned earlier, the bids for the Carstairs could have been erroneous - just odd that at least two bidders went down that route...

Social source share

18 hours ago, Chalky said:

There was a Carstairs original on Discogs yesterday (looked today and it had gone) priced at £270 (agreeing with above value).

Why people do not search is beyond me 🤔

• Up vote 3
Social source share

6 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

True, Steve. There are millionaires out there who have the reserves to buy anything without considering the cost. On the other hand, you don’t get to be a multi-millionaire by wasting money - some of the richest people in the world are amongst the most parsimonious. 

As mentioned earlier, the bids for the Carstairs could have been erroneous - just odd that at least two bidders went down that route...

Nice one Mr Manship!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!