Discogs look what I own

Dobber
Go to solution Solved by Jessie Pinkman,

Now the title sounds like I got a bargain or something,but no,I simply want to point out the laughs I get from perusing the site,namely the guys who KNOW what they are selling,or rather, not what they are selling! 

It looks to me as if the sellers are listing records just to show the world “look what I own”

sad bugga’s

• Up vote 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Chalky said:

Can you list a record if you are not selling

one seller (I won’t say whom,cos I don’t want to embarrass him) he clearly takes the highest price from popsike then doubles it,even more is some cases!

eg..he has ward burton at £4k,George Blackwell £4.2k,Bobby kline £4.6k …it really is a laugh a minute!

if you took them prices off anyone off the scene then I doubt you could show your face in all honesty!

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

33 minutes ago, Dobber said:

one seller (I won’t say whom,cos I don’t want to embarrass him) he clearly takes the highest price from popsike then doubles it,even more is some cases!

eg..he has ward burton at £4k,George Blackwell £4.2k,Bobby kline £4.6k …it really is a laugh a minute!

if you took them prices off anyone off the scene then I doubt you could show your face in all honesty!

Personally I only use discogs as a guide , find the middle asking price and half it , it does work especially if the seller is honest .

My worst experience, a couple of years back was to purchase a copy of Willie Tee , Teasing You Again for a miserable sum , I queried the seller and he confirmed it was the original etc .

When it arrived it was the Atlantic golden series reissue, of Teasing You, the only good thing it had an address from the original sale in the US.

I contacted him ,he ignored , I contacted him again with a label copy of which it should look like .

He replied send it back and I will refund you , I said no because I didn't want some other poor bugger falling for the same scam . He refunded me up to the same amount that that particular release was worth , because I actually liked the b side I wanted to keep it .

I appealed to discogs to remove this reissue as an original Teasing You Again , and the process was soul destroying, eventually after a couple of weeks, I had received enough supporters to have this £5 . Reissue removed and then they had the cheek to ask me if I concurred with findings .

Perhaps in a case like the one above , we should bombard them with warnings to warn the possible mug that he's being ripped off , and hopefully stop the unnecessary false pricing, of over inflated records in order to line the pockets of the discogs board of directors , I'm sure there is an option to place comments on each sale page , and if done regularly may have an effect ?

Social source share

7 hours ago, Dobber said:

Now the title sounds like I got a bargain or something,but no,I simply want to point out the laughs I get from perusing the site,namely the guys who KNOW what they are selling,or rather, not what they are selling! 

It looks to me as if the sellers are listing records just to show the world “look what I own”

sad bugga’s

If you wanna show off what you got on Discogs, there's a much easier way. Simply add those top rarities to your Discogs collection and tell your mates your Discogs ID. They look it up, see what you got. Instant fame.

• Up vote 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Benji said:

If you wanna show off what you got on Discogs, there's a much easier way. Simply add those top rarities to your Discogs collection and tell your mates your Discogs ID. They look it up, see what you got. Instant fame.

I have my settings set to private as I take the line that my mates can always pop round to see what I have and anyone else who wants to know has suspicious motives. 

Anyway the point of this post is the question am I mistaken in thinking Joe Bloggs can't see what I have on Discogs just because I have my settings on private?

Social source share

2 hours ago, Chalky said:

I have better things to do with my life than worry about what others claim to have on discogs.
I just use the site for a value or to buy something. 

Agreed, but why do it? Obviously they don't have better things to do😂....it's always been a case of who owns what though,, but now you have social media I suppose you can really show off...thank you, Rob

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Merve said:

I have my settings set to private as I take the line that my mates can always pop round to see what I have and anyone else who wants to know has suspicious motives. 

Anyway the point of this post is the question am I mistaken in thinking Joe Bloggs can't see what I have on Discogs just because I have my settings on private?

Yes Joe Bloggs can't see anything if set to private.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Let’s be honest the high pricing issue is not just confined to Discogs, it’s on here. I see a record listed on here but the price was extortionate. I checked Discogs and the price on here was 40% higher than the Cogs max and over 60% higher than the average. There was one copy for sale on Cogs at 20% higher than the one here. So clearly the seller here and on Cogs are being “speculative” (I’m being polite saying this)

Social source share

On 20/10/2023 at 16:06, Dobber said:

sad bugga’s

Can we have a link or example then we might be able to make an informed contribution, otherwise topics like this are pretty pointless.

Discogs, regardless of the anomalies is still one of the best places to sell.  I’ve sold stuff on there I would never have sold here, facebook or elsewhere. 

Social source share

• Solution
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

Can we have a link or example then we might be able to make an informed contribution, otherwise topics like this are pretty pointless.

Discogs, regardless of the anomalies is still one of the best places to sell.  I’ve sold stuff on there I would never have sold here, facebook or elsewhere. 

Have you checked out saracenssoul 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Well I was trying not mention any user names,but you beat me to the punch! His prices are a joke!

On 20/10/2023 at 19:11, Jessie Pinkman said:

I know one seller always lists his records way to high as if to say these are my personal collection if you're interested in any of them then you'll have to pay over the odds , the other sellers don't mind because it makes their sales look like a bargain.

Sorry Dobber I was just coming clean on my earlier comment

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!