Willy & The Mighty Magnificents - All Platinum?

macca

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It's quite hard to find as it is only included on the issue copies and goes for about £300.

post-1392-1173635841_thumb.jpg

The actual "a-side" which can be found on both sides of the much cheaper demo copies is another great tune though and well worth checking out.

post-1392-1173635973_thumb.jpg

Soundclip of "Take My Love" below:

14380 refosoul

Social source share

Guest uroffal

It's quite hard to find as it is only included on the issue copies and goes for about £300.

The actual "a-side" which can be found on both sides of the much cheaper demo copies is another great tune though and well worth checking out.

14380 refosoul

Think might make a bit moe on auction - was one on ebay about a year ago, but can't remember what it went for.

Great record though - an old Dave Thorly spin from Stafford if memory serves me right

Social source share

Anybody got any info on Check It Baby?

Label scans, rarity, value etc?

Cheers,

Macca.

Hi, sorry can't scan it for you but pretty rare record on All Platinum, Bob Hinsley used to feature it a few years ago and i've pestered him to sell it to me since then. Books at £400 in the guides Top Class Northern IMHO

BazM

Edited by BazM
Social source share

thanks sebastian. how much would the mucher cheaper demo be then, approx?

macca.

£30-ish should get you one, but probably goes cheaper on eBay as there isn't really any demand for it despite being a superb tune. Have seen it for more though, one copy on Gemm right now for $140.

Social source share

thanks sebastian. how much would the mucher cheaper demo be then, approx?

macca.

i am sure ive seen one lurkin on ebay at the moment ( a demo that is ) do a search for it cos i dont do those linky fings :thumbsup: ...ive got a great funky track on all platinum..by ...the equations with willie and the mighty magnificents..not every bodys cuppa mind u.....

cookie wicked.gif

Edited by bitchdj
Social source share

Guest mel brat

i am sure ive seen one lurkin on ebay at the moment ( a demo that is ) do a search for it cos i dont do those linky fings :thumbsup: ...ive got a great funky track on all platinum..by ...the equations with willie and the mighty magnificents..not every bodys cuppa mind u.....

cookie wicked.gif

Didn't they once play a version (the original I think) of "Ton Of Dynamite" by this crew? "Funky Eight Corners" was it?...

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

14380 refosoul

I take it that Willie & the mighty Magnificents are the same as

Willie Feaster & His Magnificent Six "i've been waiting" on L Brown

also as "Take My Love" penned by Billy Jones.

This is a very good track well worth looking out for.

If you don't know it Pat Brady as one for sale have a listen.

https://www..co.uk/product_detail.asp?id=1439

Social source share

Get Away From Me Girl - willie & the mighty magnificents - all platinum (lp track)

16024 refosoul

Not sure if this ia available on a 45. But a great track nevertheless. Have just recorded it from the LP "Very Soulfull"

Another from this group to look for and one of two good tracks on the Lp. This track was played at late wigan do's.

Dunc

Edited by dunc
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Get Away From Me Girl - willie & the mighty magnificents - all platinum (lp track)

16024 refosoul

Not sure if this ia available on a 45. But a great track nevertheless. Have just recorded it from the LP "Very Soulfull"

Another from this group to look for and one of two good tracks on the Lp. This track was played at late wigan do's.

Dunc

Dunc i like this nice track mate :shades: .

Steve J

Social source share

Hi Steve

Bought from a mate of mine, Russ Coe, who was a regurlar at Wigan on the Saturday night do's towards the end. He then carried on to go to Stafford, but people seem to have given him the name Rosco in their books!!!

I have never seen the LP for sale and the other track sounds like the same backing to an Edwin Starr single but with different words.

Dunc

Social source share

TO BE HONEST CANT'T REALLY SEE THE POINT IN BUYING THE DEMO

CHECK IT BABY IS THE SIDE TO HAVE

Considering that I seldom play out-and-out stompers at home, the demo is fine with me as it has got the best of the two tracks on it. Saying that, I wouldn't mind an issue copy. Will not ever pay £300 for it though.

Social source share

Didn't they once play a version (the original I think) of "Ton Of Dynamite" by this crew? "Funky Eight Corners" was it?...

yes they did and if you do a search theres several copies on the bay rite now...incl a stunning EP not cheap mind bout £60 which includes the brilliant track " the hurts on you baby " also recorded by the moments on stang....

cookie :shades:

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

the brilliant track " the hurts on you baby

Fantastic track Cookie,glad someone mentioned it

Val Palmer used to spin this back in the Eighties

and ive still got the lp she got me for my birthday

Cheers Val thumbsup.gif

Al H

Social source share

Jeez, don't mention this 45, won it on ebay late last year, was described as M-, it then turned up with 2 of the biggest warps have ever seen on a 45, like it had been stored for a week on top of a hot pipe, was so bad it was almost comedic, of course the seller had insisted on a cheque not paypal so had a lotttt of fun and games getting the cash back, major grrr

Social source share

Will not ever pay £300 for it though.

If your interested, I believe 'Check it Baby' was added as a bonus track (with 3 others I think) on a 2000 re-issue of the Willie & the Mighty Magnificents 'On Scene '70'. Should be fairly easy to track down - about a tenner at the time.

Edited by Rich
Social source share

If your interested, I believe 'Check it Baby' was added as a bonus track (with 3 others I think) on a 2000 re-issue of the Willie & the Mighty Magnificents 'On Scene '70'. Should be fairly easy to track down - about a tenner at the time.

got a spare copy of this album.. £15 if anyones interested

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert