Manship auction results 20/03

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Quotations on Divenus a great double sided record but £650... While it's not under-exposed anymore with copies regularly surfacing from the USA to supply further demand if ever the copies in Europe were getting too short. 

I would have thought enough copies around to satisfy anyone who wants a copy.  You couldn't really give it away at one time of the day, then it was around a ton for years.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Chalky is spot on. I first heard it in the 90s on a "cheap but quality" tape. Plenty of copies around back then.

What really puzzles me, it's not really good. Nice backing but the shrill lead singer is really annoying. At least to me.

Social source share

13 hours ago, Benji said:

Chalky is spot on. I first heard it in the 90s on a "cheap but quality" tape. Plenty of copies around back then.

What really puzzles me, it's not really good. Nice backing but the shrill lead singer is really annoying. At least to me.

Had my first copy dirt cheap here in Belgium in the eighties coming from a local seventies soul and ska collector who used to put his name in big capital letters with thick marker on every 7" and LP labels and covers.

But only managed to upgrade that heavy WOL copy by the first decade of the year 2000 or somewhere then when it was already about £100 so must have missed those cheap finds from the nineties somehow...

As for what's to like or not about it is always something subjective but I like or even dig his loud 'shouting' teeny high pitch voice (a Howlin' Smokey). Shrilled I would not say it is. But it is predominant so if it annoys you I get you.

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!