(you`re My) Leading Lady

Guest gibber

Guest gibber

You`re my leading lady is the title .

Got talking about some of the sounds that i remember from the 80s that were pants .imo.

Just cant remember the artist .

Its bugging me . Any ideas . Its one of those fcuk yeah whats it called again moments :(

Edited by gibber
Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Your my leading lady is the title .

Got talking about some of the sounds that i remember from the 80s that were pants .imo.

Just cant remember the artist .

Its bugging me . Any ideas . Its one of those fcuk yeah whats it called again moments :(

Are you thinking of jimmy ruffins
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I'd have thought more likely to be Tommy Frontera

Impossible Dave.

He said it was pants, and Tommy F is a cracker :(

OF TOPIC

BTW Frontera is also a really nice Spansih restraunt in Charlotte Street, nearest tube Warren Street. I recommend it highly.

Social source share

It has to be Tommy Frontera as Dave so righty says, huge in the 80's and a tip top toon that doesn't get heard out much these days (bit like me but thats another long and boring story!!!) Niping out right now but go to soulclub.org and theres the track for you.

Social source share

Guest gibber

It has to be Tommy Frontera as Dave so righty says, huge in the 80's and a tip top toon that doesn't get heard out much these days (bit like me but thats another long and boring story!!!) Niping out right now but go to soulclub.org and theres the track for you.

Cheers , It is Tommy Frontera. sounds good now :( . Didn`t like it at the time.

Edited by gibber
Social source share

Cheers , It is Tommy Frontera. sounds good now :thumbsup: . Didn`t like it at the time. What do i know , I must be the only one who DONT like Doug Banks. :(

Thought you were being a little harsh on Jimmy Ruffins leading lady track but until you had heard it you wouldnt have known ` great tune glad you sorted it out thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest gibber

Thought you were being a little harsh on Jimmy Ruffins leading lady track but until you had heard it you wouldnt have known ` great tune glad you sorted it out thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the sound bite . like you say nice tune.

Thanks for the replies.

Social source share

Top tune indeed love the clapping from start to finish. Picked a copy up the other week (thanks to Dave Thorley) £60.00

Mikey did you sell your copy in the end? How much? (If you don't mind me asking). And how was the run in?

post-2216-1177763000_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

No I kept it Ian.

I would rather eat beans on toast for a month, than let Tommy go for £60. You got a good price there.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

No I kept it Ian.

I would rather eat beans on toast for a month, than let Tommy go for £60. You got a good price there.

Yeah that's why I arxed about the run in, as it's a vg plusser but that endearing sssssssssss at the start is all part of it. Think JM had a mint one for 200. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yeah that's why I arxed about the run in, as it's a vg plusser but that endearing sssssssssss at the start is all part of it. Think JM had a mint one for 200. :thumbsup:

Mint copies will probably quite hard to find. I met a record dealer in the US who was in high school at the time in Detroit and apparently it was a local 'hit' because they would buy it and give it to their girlfirends, who either binned it or played it to death!

Social source share

:thumbsup::lol::lol::D Yes.... sure this was played at Silk last Saturday...forgotten just how good and fresh it sounds.......Delxx

Yep sure was played at SILKS Del...Plug...Plug...Plug... :D ...Great tune!!!

Laters,

Len.

Social source share

Guest nubes

Yep sure was played at SILKS Del...Plug...Plug...Plug... :lol: ...Great tune!!!

Laters,

Len.

:thumbsup::D Delxxxxx

Social source share

And Len's too shy to say it was him who played it! :D

:thumbsup: ...Well 'O.K' Since you mentioned it!!! - See some of you at The Pemberton Centre next Sat (Hopefully!!!) I'll give it another spin...Remind me...What a tune aye?!!! - Pure Class...

Social source share

Mint copies will probably quite hard to find. I met a record dealer in the US who was in high school at the time in Detroit and apparently it was a local 'hit' because they would buy it and give it to their girlfirends, who either binned it or played it to death!

Not totally true, it may have been given by many boyfriends, but... all the copies I had (20+) in the 80's were all unplayed store stock

Social source share

Not totally true, it may have been given by many boyfriends, but... all the copies I had (20+) in the 80's were all unplayed store stock

Where in my post did I state that every copy was sold? Sold to a high school kid who gave it to their girlfriend, who in one way or another caused the record to become in a less that mint state twenty years + later when you found them?

Social source share

Guest gibber

Just of interest how much a copy would have sold for in the 80s?

My so called mate at the time tried to swap 15 of my records without me knowing( nothing rare just a few demos and issues, Bobby Womack home is, The Barons, Peggy March green , Patti & The emblems, Larraine Chandler, just to name a few) for a copy . :angry:

No deal cash only.

That was another reason why I was not very fond of this track in the 80s.

Edited by gibber
Social source share

I only know one other release on the label: "I'll Get Even With You" by Kris Peterson. May be the same girl who did "Just As Much", but it's clear she modelled herself on Connie Francis! Label probably ran for a shrt period during 1961.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert