Kentucky Fried Citizens

Simsy

Is that a new dance move? How do you incorporate it with the 'elephant on rollerskates' and 'midtempo one-armed rowing'?  :D

link

What about the 'invisible drumkit' ? :D:D

Hammy

Social source share

• Replies 115
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I met a girl in KFC once. She was well up for it!

I was onto the tender thighs, then the juicy breasts and then I put my greasy bone in her bucket.  :D

Shane

link

I feel sick now :D which reminds me, the last time I ate KFC I was ill for 2 days with food poisoning :D

Social source share

I feel sick now sad.gif which reminds me, the last  time I ate KFC I was ill for 2 days with food poisoning :D

link

you got off lightly then!? :D

I wouldnt eat anything from there. I stopped eating meat about 5 years ago because of factory farming and KFC are the worst culprits for this.

Its a shame they are using rare soul to sell such filth. I would have preferred it was used to sell something like Radox. :D

Shane

Social source share

I quite like the ads, they are generally upbeat.

Just caught a bit of the new ad for some Sony Ericsson mobile

Didn't really hear it properly but it sounded like an instr re-work of Mel Torme

Anyone care to shed a bit of light on it.

link

Not seen that one yet. Upbeat eh..? Yeah I guess that's true. Getting back to the KFC ads, (groan) I remember the finishg strap line 'Got Chicken Got Soul' ... got chicken got soul...? When you've been on the floor for ages and the mood's just right and you've had your fare tipple of your favourites and you dance to records that you've never heard before, but they seem familiar in a magical way. That's the kind of thing that makes me think of soul. Not selected pieces of shaped chicken, formed and coated in a crispy batter! :lol:

Social source share

Have we all seen the new one?

Where he's asking / singing if he can have a munch on her fillet :)

And she replies; Noooooo - All sung in OTT soul style vocals - FUNNY! :D

Social source share

hate the food .. love the ads.

to be fair .... this mass infiltration thing was never going to happen. its too difficult to get into. in some cases - out of town and unappealing venues ...... paper flyers ...... dj's mumbling all over records ........ etc itwould all be too much for many i reckon.

Social source share

hate the food .. love the ads.

to be fair .... this mass infiltration thing was never going to happen. its too difficult to get into. in some cases - out of town and unappealing venues ...... paper flyers ...... dj's mumbling all over records ........ etc itwould all be too much for many i reckon.

link

What do you suggest printing flyers on - seeing as paper is obviously not good enough? I'm intrigued....

Maybe we should go back to wax tablets !

Hammy

Social source share

card ...................... full colour.

my point is not that paper is not good enough (as for those clubs that use paper it is i'm sure good enough) but that for the great unwashed that some people seemed to have been concerned about, the "outsiders" that were going to ruin the scene, I think they wouldn't have been very "attractive" to ...... and along with the other aspects I mentioned would contribute to my view that the influx was never going to happen.

I think when people are so wrapped up in a scene they lose sight of how obscure it is to the majority.

Even if they got past the flyers they'd still have to contend with the "mumbling DJ's" :wicked: ........ and the no drinks on the dancefloor policy ....... that's if they wanted to go into the scout hut/community centre/social club in the first place to hear all these KFC classics.

Social source share

QUOTE:

"Even if they got past the flyers they'd still have to contend with the "mumbling DJ's" ........and the no drinks on the dancefloor policy.......that's if they wanted to go into the scout hut/community centre/social club in the first place to hear all these KFC classics."

You'd better BELIEVE I'd rather be at a community hall somewhere deep in the remote northwest UK, with people playing the best in rare sounds, even with a few KFC spins thrown in.

The image is last and the music comes first. If I'm faced with a choice when I first set foot on UK soil, I'll gladly pass on a mod passion play do in London in favor of a major trek up to a place like Dundee to hear a guy like Keith Money play to a small crowd in a community center. To me that's quality.

I think there are others that back me up on this, too. :shades:

But that's just me. :wicked: I guess it's just a matter of taste and what's more important to the person.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

. Firstly it has been maybe 2 years since they began the campaign and it has made no difference to our scene whatsoever. Has anyone genuinely met someone at a soul event who has decided to check out a rare soul event since seeing the ads?

I was in the canteen at work when the KFC Bobby Garrett track came on. A girl said to me "Oh I like this music" "Yeah me too" said I, a couple of Cds followed and now her, her husband and 2 friends attend 2 soul nights per month and cant get enough if it! She was only moaning to me yesterday that I had`nt told her about Prestatyn and now it has sold out!

Chris

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert