This Is Out Of Order

Pete S

As far as I'm concerned.

If I win records totalling almost £300 on ebay and the seller charges me £4 postage, I would have expected at least recorded delivery. They came this morning, 1st class standard, might even have been second class, not registered, not recorded, and get this - without even a return address on the back. If the seller's on here reading this I hope it gives you a kick up the arse.

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As far as I'm concerned.

If I win records totalling almost £300 on ebay and the seller charges me £4 postage, I would have expected at least recorded delivery. They came this morning, 1st class standard, might even have been second class, not registered, not recorded, and get this - without even a return address on the back. If the seller's on here reading this I hope it gives you a kick up the arse.

That's shocking Pete! Truly shocking. I mean what kind of bloody idiot would do something like that eh?

Social source share

That's shocking Pete! Truly shocking. I mean what kind of bloody idiot would do something like that eh?

Seems to be common mate, except these were even more expensive than the ones that you forgot to register, record or address! :P :angry:

Social source share

This is still all too common, I've had British Guys in the states charge me 5 UKp for postage of one track and spend $4.55 with nominal packing, not even a decent new mailer...!!! :angry: to that person's credit, they did reimburse me the difference..

Don't buy from them I say, and if they persist name and shame em, simsy its not so much 'He's an idiot' this is very deliberate, its skimming pure and simple! :P

Mal.C.

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

While we're on the out of order topic. I posted up some records in the sales section at the weekend which were extremely competitively priced. Got an email shortly afterwards offering me £100 for the lot. Four emails later and no reply, turned others away because I didn't want to break 'his' pack up for him.

Didn't have the common courtesy to tell me he's no longer interested. Why do people say they want records and then go awol.

He's definately been on the site as I've viewed 'last seen' and he's a daily viewer.

If your reading this ******** put the record straight so to speak !

Pat

Social source share

While we're on the out of order topic. I posted up some records in the sales section at the weekend which were extremely competitively priced. Got an email shortly afterwards offering me £100 for the lot. Four emails later and no reply, turned others away because I didn't want to break 'his' pack up for him.

Didn't have the common courtesy to tell me he's no longer interested. Why do people say they want records and then go awol.

He's definately been on the site as I've viewed 'last seen' and he's a daily viewer.

If your reading this ******** put the record straight so to speak !

Pat

I've got a bloke ordered a record from me not last monday but the friday before that, so something like 11-12 days ago, no payment by friday just gone, so I sold it. He rings me monday, I tell him I sold it, he calls me a "f*cking time waster" :thumbsup:

Social source share

Pete

something similar happened to me a few years ago. I sent for a record £700 it was i sent cash as requested and put it in a registered envolope. I asked in the letter for the seller to send it registered but did not add any extra money as i thought i have forked out for registered by send ing the cash(tax man anf]d all that) so he is bound to do the same. Any way i got home one night and it was in the porch not even recorded delivery inside the envolope he had left a note saying if you wanted it sending reg, expect to pay for it. I wont say who it is but he is one of the most fawned over stars on the scene today.

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

The long running saga of my missing Harry Starr has now ended.....I spoke to a lady from the German post office...We have offered the sender £30 compensation....£30 I said...it was worth £200, She replied that the sender had only asked for signed for....insurance offered = £30

I'm gutted to say the least

Social source share

Pete

something similar happened to me a few years ago. I sent for a record £700 it was i sent cash as requested and put it in a registered envolope. I asked in the letter for the seller to send it registered but did not add any extra money as i thought i have forked out for registered by send ing the cash(tax man anf]d all that) so he is bound to do the same. Any way i got home one night and it was in the porch not even recorded delivery inside the envolope he had left a note saying if you wanted it sending reg, expect to pay for it. I wont say who it is but he is one of the most fawned over stars on the scene today.

I remember you moaning about this at the time :wave: I also remember who it was from as well :thumbsup:wicked.gif:P:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

If the person sending it hasn't sent it with enough insurance, then he should refund you the difference, unless you declined the offer of additional cover up to the records value.

I haven't got a leg to stand on I'm afraid...he said he would pick up the tab for the postage...I just never thought for a moment that It wouldn't be sent fully insured....Fool that I am :thumbsup:

Social source share

A few guys from the US have been sending my stuff registered and put say $300 $400 on the ticket as what the records cost, I then get an Import VAT bill for £60 from UK customs + a handling charge, He points out that it cost him extra to send it and its something I never requested, they could just send it recorded for $9.99 second hand disc., 99.9% of US dealers records turn up.

Social source share

The bloke who I started this topic about told me he hadn't got time to queue in a post office to get items registered, and he's ok because paypal will cover anything that goes missing...except they won't, unless there is proof that they were sent!

It's a shame because he has another nice batch of stuff on ending today and I'd probably have bid a few hundred with him but not if he can't guarantee they will arrive

Social source share

A few guys from the US have been sending my stuff registered and put say $300 $400 on the ticket as what the records cost, I then get an Import VAT bill for £60 from UK customs + a handling charge, He points out that it cost him extra to send it and its something I never requested, they could just send it recorded for $9.99 second hand disc., 99.9% of US dealers records turn up.

its alright getting people to put low values on imports to avoid paying the tax but if it goes missing buyer expects to get the full value they paid back

you cant have it both ways

Social source share

its alright getting people to put low values on imports to avoid paying the tax but if it goes missing buyer expects to get the full value they paid back

you cant have it both ways

True Dave.

Glad you put your oars in, I have just listened to that version of The Drifter after 30 years, took me back a bit given me tingles in my neck.

Cheers.

Edited by Prophonics 2026
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert