Letchworth Irish Club

Guest toby

Hi Steve,for and on behalf of our Taffy,who is engaged this weekend on non soulie things(i think..).Our next dates will be confirmed during this week coming ,with a free birthday special yet again in January (4 birthdays this time)so watch this space for dates etc..

A few of us WILL be making the trip up to spalding to support your venue and our very own Steve Guanori our resident super soul spinner :):D (lol)

Looking forward to this one - can't wait for a nite of dancing n fun n game's - hope Mick's bringing our lovely Mandy.

U got it right Toby - Taffy spent a non soul weekend site seeing :thumbsup: Who is the 4th birthday - you, me, Taff n who else, surely not another Capricorn - Aquarius cusp on the soul scene :(

Don't forget the coloured info on those Black Squirrels you've got in Letchworth..... Red n Grey yes Black well - dunno bout that :D Mandy we can go for another walk n try to remember pin numbers again.....

C ya all Friday

Karen

• Replies 105
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsy

And if your very lucky I may even bring your honorary SS LAAS badge with me :huh:

QoFxx

im always lucky :)

I got me bag packed and my shirt ironed me shoes polished and my pants washed me car filled up with petrol all ready for Friday :lol:

Just waiting for Toby to send me my usual A-Z to Toby Towers directions and im ready :wicked:

I might even let you take a cheeky art snap for the SSLAAS :lol:

Guest Bearsy

As I am also likely to be in residence at Toby Towers as well I should have plenty of opportunity :huh:

QoFxx

me and my big mouth :lol: that will teach me for drinking too much last night :lol:

anyway its going to be great meeting you and many others for the first time and i hope we can make it a great night to remember, well with a superb Dj line up like that and Toby doing a bit aswell its garaunteed to be a blinder :D

taff sight seeing ???????????????????

Hiya Boots,i know its hard to take in that our Taffy sightseeing,the boy must be getting old,what with sightseeing and fishing........a trip to a therapist might do some good,but then again i doubt it..

see ya Friday Kay..

[quote name='Bearsy'

Just waiting for Toby to send me my usual A-Z to Toby Towers directions and im ready :D

Are you ready Bearsy,

M25 anti clock to Jun 23 South Mimms onto A1M NORTH..up to Jun 9 Letchworth,stay in left filter lane at the exit,bear left follow it to an ambulance station &Shell garage on the left at a longabout(elongated roundabout to you) head towards town center at the next roundabout approx 400 yards turn right towards Baldock then turn next left into Pixmore avenue go past the Hospice on left go past an indian shops x 2 no + a garage car repairs etc,go past next left turn (its a dead end) to a car park with a bus stop on the left(car park also on left)turn into car park(dont forget to tip the car park/vallet man) & your at my place..

Ive PM'd you the address etc..for your sat nav thing..

See ya Friday then mate around 5.00 if you wish..........Toby (please note one has to dress for dinner at mine ..black tie jobie) cant be to common can we...

Looking forward to this one - can't wait for a nite of dancing n fun n game's - hope Mick's bringing our lovely Mandy.

U got it right Toby - Taffy spent a non soul weekend site seeing :D Who is the 4th birthday - you, me, Taff n who else, surely not another Capricorn - Aquarius cusp on the soul scene :boxing:

Don't forget the coloured info on those Black Squirrels you've got in Letchworth..... Red n Grey yes Black well - dunno bout that :lol: Mandy we can go for another walk n try to remember pin numbers again.....

C ya all Friday

Karen

Hi Karen,yes we do have BLACK squirrels in Letchworth,they are quite rare,Mr Terry Wogan of BBC fame once did a program on them(still not sure)get Mandy to take you to our common land or the museum in the town or the tourist office..proof will be given(would Taffy & me tell you fibs) :lol:

The birthday bash in January in 2007 was Taffy Toby & RBMAN (Martin)from WGC(never trust a man with a beard thats what i say)

See ya Friday..

taff sight seeing ???????????????????

YES YOUNG KAY,I HAD A VERY ENJOYABLE WEEKEND IN YORK LOOKING AT ALL THE SCAFFOLDING ON YORK MINSTER-WHAT AN ANORAK. :D

Hi Karen,yes we do have BLACK squirrels in Letchworth,they are quite rare,Mr Terry Wogan of BBC fame once did a program on them(still not sure)get Mandy to take you to our common land or the museum in the town or the tourist office..proof will be given(would Taffy & me tell you fibs) :D

The birthday bash in January in 2007 was Taffy Toby & RBMAN (Martin)from WGC(never trust a man with a beard thats what i say)

See ya Friday..

AND NOT FORGETTING WE HAVE THE FIRST ROUNDABOUT IN THE UK.OK ENOUGH TRAINSPOTTING[WE'LL LEAVE THAT TO PETE]BACK TO THE FRIDAY MADNESS AND MAYHEM-THE SOUTHGATE AFTER PARTY.......

Just to prove what Toby says is right

Black squirrels

(S. carolinensis)

These are grey squirrels with high levels of the black pigment melanin in their hair (melanic). Although generally rare across Britain, black squirrels are found in at least three areas:

• Cambridgeshire - north of Cambridge at Longstanton, Rampton, Gamlingay, Girton, Histon, Landbeach and Impington
  • Bedfordshire - Whipsnade, Kensworth, Studham, Arlesey and Stotford
  • Hertfordshire - Letchworth (town mascot), Stevenage, Baldock, Radwell and Ashwell (first sighted in 1944).

Melanic grey squirrels were introduced to Woburn Park (Bedfordshire) from the U.S. at the end of the 19th Century. Between 1876 and 1929, around 30 introductions of grey squirrels were made into England and Wales.

post-1897-1187029931_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rbman

YES YOUNG KAY,I HAD A VERY ENJOYABLE WEEKEND IN YORK LOOKING AT ALL THE SCAFFOLDING ON YORK MINSTER-WHAT AN ANORAK. :lol:

you will never be an anorak to me honey x

I think a couple of us may be coming up from Walthamstow for this one - looking forward to it.

Dave

Although Martin's black squirrels are scaring me a little bit!

Edited by dkd

Hi Karen,yes we do have BLACK squirrels in Letchworth,they are quite rare,Mr Terry Wogan of BBC fame once did a program on them(still not sure)get Mandy to take you to our common land or the museum in the town or the tourist office..proof will be given(would Taffy & me tell you fibs) :lol:

Well.... :lol: Need evidence - one black squirrel infront of me own eye's - Mandy are ya up for a Walk Friday nite.....See ya Friday..

Just to prove what Toby says is right

Black squirrels

(S. carolinensis)

These are grey squirrels with high levels of the black pigment melanin in their hair (melanic). Although generally rare across Britain, black squirrels are found in at least three areas:

• Cambridgeshire - north of Cambridge at Longstanton, Rampton, Gamlingay, Girton, Histon, Landbeach and Impington
  • Bedfordshire - Whipsnade, Kensworth, Studham, Arlesey and Stotford
  • Hertfordshire - Letchworth (town mascot), Stevenage, Baldock, Radwell and Ashwell (first sighted in 1944).

Melanic grey squirrels were introduced to Woburn Park (Bedfordshire) from the U.S. at the end of the 19th Century. Between 1876 and 1929, around 30 introductions of grey squirrels were made into England and Wales.

Ok maybe now I'm started to think to the 2 T's are telling me the truth :lol: just need to see one for real now.....Thank's

Added attraction to the nite - An early hours black Squirrel hunt - just the ticket after a great nite of good music n dancing the nite away.....

Karen

Ok maybe now I'm started to think to the 2 T's are telling me the truth :lol: just need to see one for real now.....Thank's

Added attraction to the nite - An early hours black Squirrel hunt - just the ticket after a great nite of good music n dancing the nite away.....

Karen

As rare as a mint copy of Joe Jama I'm affraid........

Black Squirrel Soul Club? I like it.......

What a top idea Steve...... always thought NHICSC was a non starter. I can see the patch now....a black squirrel in the centre and the words Black Squirrel Soul Club around the outside in a circle....do think it would catch on. :)

Guest Andy Kempster

NORTHERN / CROSSOVER/ MODERN SOUL NITE.

FRIDAY 17th AUGUST 2007 DOORS 8-1.30 (BAR TILL 1am)

TICKETS £6.00 OR PHONE TAFFY ON (07976465659 )TO RESERVE ETC.

NORTH HERTS IRISH CENTRE,WORKS ROAD,LETCHWORTH,HERTS,SG6 1AZ.

DJs..

MICK H

STEVE GAUNORI

PETE HULLAT

TAFFY

TOBY

MOLLY.

FOR A QUALITY SOUL NITE OUT WITH SOUL PEOPLE WITH "HERTS" OF SOUL..

IF YOU ENJOYED "SOULGATE" YOU'LL LOVE THIS !!!!

anyone got a spare babysitter for friday night

1 seven year old boy very well behaved into northern needs company on friday night

so that his dad can go to letchworth irish club

What a top idea Steve...... always thought NHICSC was a non starter. I can see the patch now....a black squirrel in the centre and the words Black Squirrel Soul Club around the outside in a circle....do think it would catch on. :lol:

Something like this Martin

QoFxx

post-2137-1187101905_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrissie

Black Squirrel Soul Club? I like it.......

Hi Steve,belive this or not..but a good few years ago there was a pub in the town centre called "The Black Sqirrel" or to some ,the black rat and our dear Mr Taffy used to run regular soul nights in this pub(most Saturdays if i can remember)playing accross the board soul & a bit of reggae & ska thrown in........so with that in mind Taffy could if he wanted reactivate the Black Squirrel Soul Club..

Mind you it took a brave person to venture into this pub,Dodge City comes to mind(dodging beer classes & the like).The residents of Letchworth were pleased when its demise came about,shut down on at least 4 occasions,changed hands at least 3 times that i know of,,,,,,,,town center is much more refined thse days..(only 2 pubs & a wine bar left now)

As rare as a mint copy of Joe Jama I'm affraid........

Who daid Joe Jama was rare then,not when you got a box 25 count tucked away in the old shed...all mint unplayed ..i dont play it out , :lol: too outdated

Hi Steve,belive this or not..but a good few years ago there was a pub in the town centre called "The Black Sqirrel" or to some ,the black rat and our dear Mr Taffy used to run regular soul nights in this pub(most Saturdays if i can remember)playing accross the board soul & a bit of reggae & ska thrown in........so with that in mind Taffy could if he wanted reactivate the Black Squirrel Soul Club..

Mind you it took a brave person to venture into this pub,Dodge City comes to mind(dodging beer classes & the like).The residents of Letchworth were pleased when its demise came about,shut down on at least 4 occasions,changed hands at least 3 times that i know of,,,,,,,,town center is much more refined thse days..(only 2 pubs & a wine bar left now)

Fascinating history lesson there Sir Toby. I think Taff would be more than pleased to revive the BSSC......and Chrissie what a great logo!

Anyway just putting the final touches to the playbox - there's a good vibe on this night......

Cheeeeers Terance!!! :wicked:

Hope Taffs got plenty of bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

Who's cooking the Bacon then Pete ?..(no doubt our Taffy will have a slight headache in the morning..I'll wager you that Karen does it..)

Who's cooking the Bacon then Pete ?..(no doubt our Taffy will have a slight headache in the morning..I'll wager you that Karen does it..)

Have a good one chaps, was hoping to make it up for this but can't get a lift back & I'm on painting duty the next day at Mum Greenhill Towers :)

Guest Tom Walsh

Karen and I make a fantastic bacon butty :) I need some energy for Jacks sat night :)

Still not speaking to you as you still can't spell my name angry.gif

See ya friday mines a pint or 10 :thumbup:

glad you've volunteered mate i can feel a hangover coming on already.any one wishing to bring sales boxes let me know and i'll sort out tables for you.

You are in good company Pete - old Toby can't spell my name either :lol:wink.gif

Why cant you two have names like "Bill" its so much easier.

1.Steve G.for my mistake in spelling i'll buy you a flavoured water.

2.Pete H.You can buy ME a pint or 10 for a change.

PHONE AIN'T STOPPED ALLDAY LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD UN.ACCOMODATION AVAILABLE AT THE BROADWAY HOTEL IN TOWN OR AT THE BALDOCK SERVICES ON THE A1 BOTH LESS THAN A MILE AWAY.

Karen and I make a fantastic bacon butty :D

We sure do - even cater for removal of bacon rind, for certain fussy type's :( Taff can be in charge of the cuppa's this time - Pete I'll try n find the right handle for the grill, unless you fancy spending another few hours trying to make it fit - though it keep's the mind active (a replacement for suduko) rolleyes.gif

Toby, Mandy n Rbman, apparently Taffy has black Squirrels in his back garden :lol: strange I ain't seen one then......

Not long now- looking forward to seeing ya all n gonna be a great nite...

Karen

Yes its true Taffy does have BLACK squirrels in his back garden along with the more common grey ones.

Where our Taffy lives is in an expensive/exclusive area of town with its own church etc,of which Taffy's rear garden backs on to the churchyard...so with that Karen keep your eyes peeled for a rare sighting of the BLACK squirrel....if you dont see one why not get Pete or Taff to dress up in a squirrels outfit for that authentic look of the country side...

laugh.gif Can you picture it Pete H in a squirrel suit...nooooooo it dont bear thinking about :lol: .

PHONE AIN'T STOPPED ALLDAY LOOKS LIKE IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD UN.ACCOMODATION AVAILABLE AT THE BROADWAY HOTEL IN TOWN OR AT THE BALDOCK SERVICES ON THE A1 BOTH LESS THAN A MILE AWAY.

1.Travelodge on the A1 (3 miles away) rooms available.

2.Sleep inn at Baldock services (2 miles away)

3.Broadway Hotel 01462 480111, in Letchworth town centre next to railway station.(a 15 minute walk)..

If using the local taxi's which are located at the railway station..the fares should be..

1 approx £5.00

2 " £4.00

3 " £ 3.00.

U got it right Toby - Taffy spent a non soul weekend site seeing :thumbsup: Who is the 4th birthday - you, me, Taff n who else, surely not another Capricorn - Aquarius cusp on the soul scene :lol:

Don't forget the coloured info on those Black Squirrels you've got in Letchworth..... Red n Grey yes Black well - dunno bout that :lol: Mandy we can go for another walk n try to remember pin numbers again.....

C ya all Friday

Karen

me!

Why cant you two have names like "Bill" its so much easier.

1.Steve G.for my mistake in spelling i'll buy you a flavoured water.

2.Pete H.You can buy ME a pint or 10 for a change.

Steve Bill and Pete Bill ....hmmm not sure about that Toby :lol:

See you later....and I'll buy you a drink!

This is shaping up nicely to be a good un :thumbsup:

Edited by Steve G
Guest outonthefloor

Once again gutted that i am still in spain so won´t be able to go to this one.

Happy to say that my usual companions, Steve, Shane, ginger dave, lisa and Julie (who is the stand in chauffeur in my absence!) will be keeping up the Essex end of things.

I´m sure they will all text me and rub it in too!

Have a good one, will be there next time

Helen

XXXXXX

:thumbsup::boxing: Looking good for tonight folks,all the equipment is set up/tested and ready to go in the venue,all the DJs confirmed and some traveling now to get to Letchworth..

As stated by Taffy yesterday "this is gonna be a packer"..so for those still undecided get your butts to the Irish Centre LETCHWORTH for a top night out with Top notch tunes,Top notch soul people who care about soul..

there's a lot of "soul in Herts"..

see you all tonight then for a fantastic line up of A listers(DJs) who play quality soul..

:boxing::thumbup: Looking good for tonight folks,all the equipment is set up/tested and ready to go in the venue,all the DJs confirmed and some traveling now to get to Letchworth..

As stated by Taffy yesterday "this is gonna be a packer"..so for those still undecided get your butts to the Irish Centre LETCHWORTH for a top night out with Top notch tunes,Top notch soul people who care about soul..

there's a lot of "soul in Herts"..

see you all tonight then for a fantastic line up of A listers(DJs) who play quality soul..

See You Later ! :thumbsup:

Ok I'm back and looking for a write up on the night!!! Oh and Toby, NEVER utter the phrase 'Letchworth is more refined these days' having just got back from Gatwick and turned on the TV to see there was a shooting near Boscombe Towers of all places in Letchworth yesterday!!!! Seems the Black Squirrel crowd are still around; oh and I note that the pub event would be shortend to 'The B.S Soul Nite' - hmmmm now what could that stand for lol

Source Advert