Unknown Artist-you Know How Love Is

Mal C

Unknown artist-You Know How Love is / Musette acetate (as listed on Manships rarest of the rare section on his web site)

My reconing is this is almost certinally June Jackson, in fact I'd bet money on it, and I dont gamble!!

I colllect Musette discs with a passsion, wondered whether anybody can tell me anything about that acetate and if you might, tell me who currently owns it, anybody know?

Does anybody know of any other Acetates originating from the Musette stable?

Thanks in advance

Malcolm smile.gif

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've seen the disc, it belonged to Sam and he left it with a mate to try and sell for him. When I listened to it I said June Jackson. No clues on the label, I've a scan somewhere.

Cool, post it up..Manships version on his web site you need a telescope to see...

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Doin fine Sir ! Yeah other side good and as usual your bang on the money it is Ace !! See your on in Manchester 28th? Is that right? My Mums health permitting i'll be down :D

Am I, if it says that then I guess I am :huh: I haven't seen the flyers yet :D

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Unknown artist-You Know How Love is / Musette acetate (as listed on Manships rarest of the rare section on his web site)

My reconing is this is almost certinally June Jackson, in fact I'd bet money on it, and I dont gamble!!

I colllect Musette discs with a passsion, wondered whether anybody can tell me anything about that acetate and if you might, tell me who currently owns it, anybody know?

Does anybody know of any other Acetates originating from the Musette stable?

Thanks in advance

Malcolm :lol:

It's on a Vinyl test pressing - never seen an acetate, maybe one has turned up though.

The vinyls have "show business" on the B side, which is good too.

Cheers

Mick

https://northern-soul-records.com

Social source share

YOUR RIGHT MICK..SOME CONFUSION METHINKS. IT'S A VINYL TP DEFO !

I assumed Acetate, but there you go, a vinyl test press..

All sorted on that disc now, anybody ever hear of any more discs from that Musette stable? I'm a collecor of Musette hense my efforts to get any additional info.. I know sombody who lives just 10 mins from the latter address on the label, so may get some info from there..

Cheers Guys

mal;)

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I assumed Acetate, but there you go, a vinyl test press..

All sorted on that disc now, anybody ever hear of any more discs from that Musette stable? I'm a collecor of Musette hense my efforts to get any additional info.. I know sombody who lives just 10 mins from the latter address on the label, so may get some info from there..

Cheers Guys

mal;)

If you get in touch with Dave Rimmer he'll fill in some blanks on the label for you as he did an article for his mag, if I remember correctly, the label was set up by a number of Doctors as some sort of tax avoidance system.
Social source share

If you get in touch with Dave Rimmer he'll fill in some blanks on the label for you as he did an article for his mag, if I remember correctly, the label was set up by a number of Doctors as some sort of tax avoidance system.

Yeah I did that that listing for him. sombody else wrote the article.. thanks anyhow.

m

Social source share

Hi Dave, I spoke to Greg Tormo about that statement that June Jackson was JJ Jackson of Cala fame, Greg spoke to June some years ago and confirmed it was deffinatly not him, pretty easy to work out given the two vocals, no way do they sound the same...so add 2 tracks for June jackson, H.J Jackson on Cross tone plus this release mentioned above...

Wonder what else he did?

Mal.C.

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert