Wilson Pickett

Guest Roddy

I have got a Wilson Pickett album on Marble Arch which says its a wand recording does anyone know if "Baby Dont You Weep" or "Peace Breaker" came out on single ?

Thanks

Roddy

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have got a Wilson Pickett album on Marble Arch which says its a wand recording does anyone know if "Baby Dont You Weep" or "Peace Breaker" came out on single ?

Thanks

Roddy

Original US LP was on Lloyd Price's Double L label, definetly no US or UK single

Wand reissued after he found fame on Atlantic and Marble Arch issued it then as well (wasn't issued in UK before then)

Personally much prefer Wilson's Baby Don't You Weep to Fred Bridges

Also check out I Can't Stop on Double L, also from the same LP but was released on single :) It's on Soul Club :thumbsup:

Edited by richard
Social source share

Original US LP was on Lloyd Price's Double L label, definetly no US or UK single

Wand reissued after he found fame on Atlantic and Marble Arch issued it then as well (wasn't issued in UK before then)

Personally much prefer Wilson's Baby Don't You Weep to Fred Bridges

Also check out I Can't Stop on Double L, also from the same LP but was released on single :) It's on Soul Club :thumbsup:

Also came out on ALLA LP USA.

Social source share

Portuguese EP

German 45

Both quite hard.

:lol:

Yes, German 45 with picture sleeve on Liberty 15 084.

B side to "If You Need Me".

Credited on label as a "Double L" recording.

Took me years to track one down so I guess it's quite difficult.

Hope this helps and doesn't put you off. Good luck.

PS - Never heard of the Portuguese EP before.

Social source share

Original Double L Lp was called It's Too Late, the Marble Arch and Wand Lp was titled Great Wilson Pickett Hits

It's been reissued as well on the Trip label and several other labels

Peace Breaker wasn't issued as a single, these are the singles released in US from the Lp

If You Need Me / Baby Call On Me - Double L 713

It's Too Late / I'm Gonna Love You - Double L 717

I'm Down To My Last Heartbreak / I Can't Stop - Double L 724

By the way I Can't Stop was written by fellow former Falcon Willie Schoefield

Social source share

Original Double L Lp was called It's Too Late, the Marble Arch and Wand Lp was titled Great Wilson Pickett Hits

It's been reissued as well on the Trip label and several other labels

Peace Breaker wasn't issued as a single, these are the singles released in US from the Lp

If You Need Me / Baby Call On Me - Double L 713

It's Too Late / I'm Gonna Love You - Double L 717

I'm Down To My Last Heartbreak / I Can't Stop - Double L 724

By the way I Can't Stop was written by fellow former Falcon Willie Schoefield

'Baby Call On Me' is a superb early Detroit dancer!

Here's the 'Upfront' USA re-issue

post-4912-1191053559_thumb.jpg

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

The Double L LP doesn't have any picture, not even on the back. :lol:

Buy the up-front re-issue,keep it in that sleeve maybe.Might find me Alla copy and post the cover for that,now where the f*** have i ................... :unsure:

Social source share

Buy the up-front re-issue,keep it in that sleeve maybe.

No Ken, my ethics don't allow me to do such a thing, an original is an original ! :wink:

Plus, I'm not sure if the order of the tracks is the same (?).

And I don't like those "cheap" labels like Upfront, Trip, etc...

I've never heard of Alla, is it a British label ?

Social source share

No Ken, my ethics don't allow me to do such a thing, an original is an original ! :thumbsup:

Plus, I'm not sure if the order of the tracks is the same (?).

And I don't like those "cheap" labels like Upfront, Trip, etc...

I've never heard of Alla, is it a British label ?

No,Philippe its a US of A job real nice vinyl not like your upfront effort,same label as Jimmy Robbin`s pink thing,and i think there is a "brothers of soul" 45 on the same label but black.Different cover to the others,will find today.

Edited by ken
Social source share

No,Philippe its a US of A job real nice vinyl not like your upfront effort,same label as Jimmy Robbin`s pink thing,and i think there is a "brothers of soul" 45 on the same label but black.Different cover to the others,will find today.

Ken, I saw in "Rockin' records" that it was not Alla but ALa, with one L.(?)

I have another LP on Ala, it's Jimmy Bee :

a417_1_b.JPG

By the way, I realized I also had that same Wilson Pickett LP on Trip, with the title "Wickedness". :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ken, I saw in "Rockin' records" that it was not Alla but ALa, with one L.(?)

I have another LP on Ala, it's Jimmy Bee :

a417_1_b.JPG

By the way, I realized I also had that same Wilson Pickett LP on Trip, with the title "Wickedness". :lol:

Oops!!,Same labeling as above. :thumbup:

Social source share

Thats intresting :rolleyes:

I was first told that by Chris James of the Natural Four, who had a record on the label with his kids just as "the Family". Later my friend tried to license the Patrizia and Jimmy record for his kiddie soul comp -- he initially was going to have to go through the Pryor estate but found it was a totally independent production leased to the label so he was able to lease it from "Jimmy." It turned out that Jimmy was Jimmy Robins, too, the Chicago artist on Jerhart, and that he had gone to LA, so that was a strange Chicago connection that we didn't expect.

Social source share

I was first told that by Chris James of the Natural Four, who had a record on the label with his kids just as "the Family". Later my friend tried to license the Patrizia and Jimmy record for his kiddie soul comp -- he initially was going to have to go through the Pryor estate but found it was a totally independent production leased to the label so he was able to lease it from "Jimmy." It turned out that Jimmy was Jimmy Robins, too, the Chicago artist on Jerhart, and that he had gone to LA, so that was a strange Chicago connection that we didn't expect.

Well Connected !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert