• Replies 37
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Possibly closer to £150.00 - which is more or less what I paid for it, not so long ago, from one of the more reasonably priced dealers....

Social source share

Isnt there two different label designs on this ?????? not sure if this would effect the price, depending on which design.............fantastic record BTW that does it for me big time........remember playing this at the Dome years ago & wondering if it would work..........neednt have worried.......the cream alway's rises to the top.

Mecca sound ???????????? sounds like it should have been.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Guest the dukester

IM ON TO YOU GIRL - DOT MAR

Has anyone got the going price (up to date) for this fantastic soul tune.

Thanks

Brian

I have a mint minus spare if anyone wants it for £150 thumbsup.gif

Dukesy

Social source share

Guest the dukester

You can get this as low as £60 Ukp, which is what I paid, 60-100 Uk sounds right as there are a few out there..

£150 is just silliness IMO, but hey if your fool enough to pay it, who am I to say..

Mal:)

60 Quid :wicked: , desperate sale that then unsure.gif

Social source share

Guest the dukester

This looks like mine Mark........................anyone confirm the existence of another label design ???.

Russ

Same label design on mine

Dukesy

Social source share

60 Quid :wicked: , desperate sale that then unsure.gif

Not really, VG+ copy, nout wrong with it from a major dealer who has a web site and all that...

You lot make me laugh, I keep seeing all these BIG prices banded about for these records, of the onse I have on occasion I've paid the top going rate in pounds and all that, obviously I shop about but some on here seem to think collecting records revolves around the Uk and the Norven scene and you pay what some idiot paid on soul source last week, believe me there are literally hundreds of other shops, collectos, dealers overseas, if you buy from them you wont have to pay silly prices..

Dukster, thats just the way it is..

Mal wink.gif

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Not really, VG+ copy, nout wrong with it from a major dealer who has a web site and all that...

You lot make me laugh, I keep seeing all these BIG prices banded about for these records, of the onse I have on occasion I've paid the top going rate in pounds and all that, obviously I shop about but some on here seem to think collecting records revolves around the Uk and the Norven scene and you pay what some idiot paid on soul source last week, believe me there are literally hundreds of other shops, collectos, dealers overseas, if you buy from them you wont have to pay silly prices..

Dukster, thats just the way it is..

Mal :wicked:

Nothing wrong with wanting top dollar, if someone wants to pay you for it, theres a few on here have got a cheek when you offer a record up for sale, best to put top your price up and then negotiate IMHO. Have sold loads to buyers on here and for reasonable prices for top records.

VG+ ok and descriptions seem to vary from dealers overseas, but Collectors on here seem to want Condition, Condition, Condition, as JM says thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Nothing wrong with wanting top dollar, if someone wants to pay you for it, theres a few on here have got a cheek when you offer a record up for sale, best to put top your price up and then negotiate IMHO. Have sold loads to buyers on here and for reasonable prices for top records.

VG+ ok and descriptions seem to vary from dealers overseas, but Collectors on here seem to want Condition, Condition, Condition, as JM says :wicked:

Well he would....

Obviously Nothing wrong with wanting top dollar for your sales, I just feel the allot on the Uk collecting scene just keeps driving prices up without real reason, sorry but five pound records going for 30-40 Ukp is just silly.. but hey 'The scene' was doing that long before I started in the mid eighties, and I've no doubt the bottom will eventually fall out if it...

Where will we be then...? happy as a Pig in a pile of worthless old dusty 45's ! rolleyes.gif never fear I'll be at my house in my own pile! Laughs

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

You can get this as low as £60 Ukp, which is what I paid, 60-100 Uk sounds right as there are a few out there..

£150 is just silliness IMO, but hey if your fool enough to pay it, who am I to say..

...You can't get this 'as low as £60 UKP' (unless Pete Smith is selling it, perhaps, Pete's always cheaper) - if you could, I would have bought it at that price, instead of the £140.00.that I did pay for it, about six months back.

I don't have money to throw around willy nilly and I seldom put much stock in 'book values' - and if I pay more than a ton for a record, it's generally because I've not seen it cheaper than that for months and in some cases years.

I know several other 'fools', besides me, who've recently paid a similar price to what I paid, and willingly. We'd have all preferred to pay sixty quid for it, if people had been selling if for sixty quid. Sadly it's probably a long time since anybody has been, other than in error...

...and I bought mine from 'a dealer overseas', who knew excatly what it regularly goes for...

Social source share

I paid £100.00 for mine less than two years ago now, put it up on here as a want and got offered it from one person so I was glad to pay the money.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Have to say I'm amazed that it's at that price, I honestly would have thought Mals estimated price would of been about "right"

Great tune.....just glad I bought mine in the 70s, possibly from one Mr T Rounce @ Cheapos Cheapos ? laugh.gif

Social source share

Skip Jackson is one of those 45s that was around / common in the early 90s but like so many other quality 45s they get squirelled away in to collections and the seemingly quiet demand for sides like this keeps the price up. There's many more examples like Skip - Harder to do these days but I bet there's a few quality tunes around at the moment then if /when someone gets behind it the price will shoot up and copies become a little more scarce. And I don't mean someone paying for example way over the odds in a Manship auction for say Sister James............

Best

Rich

Social source share

Paid a tenner for mine about 15 years ago... but there's a real 'often raved about' vibe on this record these days and I'm not surprised to see it shoot up in price the way that it has this past year or so.

Let's face it, there's far worse records than this selling for well over £150. I can see the price only increasing.

A quality double sider!

Social source share

Isnt there two different label designs on this ?????? not sure if this would effect the price, depending on which design.............fantastic record BTW that does it for me big time........remember playing this at the Dome years ago & wondering if it would work..........neednt have worried.......the cream alway's rises to the top.

Mecca sound ???????????? sounds like it should have been.

Russ

Definitely got played at the Mecca - '75ish I would guess. Top tune.

Social source share

I await the results with interest....................£36 already

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Northern-Soul-ORIGIN...1QQcmdZViewItem

It'll be in superb condition too Sue's stuff generally is.

Bought mine about five years ago after hearing Colin Newton play it at the Neighbourhood. It was listed on ebay under the promise side so $6 or $7 me being the only bidder :ohmy: .

Colin and Eileen Newton supplied loads of stuff that got played in the early 70's particularly at the Mecca so wouldn't suprise me if this was one of them.

Social source share

Paid a tenner for mine about 15 years ago... but there's a real 'often raved about' vibe on this record these days and I'm not surprised to see it shoot up in price the way that it has this past year or so.

Let's face it, there's far worse records than this selling for well over £150. I can see the price only increasing.

A quality double sider!

I can't remember for certain but my copy was somewhere around that price - max of £15 around the same time - From dealer extrordinaire Steve Plumb!

Soul Essence 2 or 3 I think it would have been - lovely tune it is!

Edited by John Benson
Social source share

I can't remember for certain but my copy was somewhere around that price - max of £15 around the same time - From dealer extrordinaire Steve Plumb!

Soul Essence 2 or 3 I think it would have been - lovely tune it is!

Hi Again John :unsure:

Wow, that long ago!

Bet it had summat poncy written on the sleeve, like 'Sounds great now! Would be a monster if played' :unsure:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I have been watching for this on E Bay and on the sales on this site. I paid £100 for mine in mint condition but noticed even vg copies have made £125 plus on E Bay. I was always outbid at around £125 and watched one make around £180. Missed one on here for £125. Manship book price is £125 and this seems to be a conservative price by what they are around at currently.

Regards, Steve.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The copy that Sue Males has on eBay at the moment is already over £95.00, with three and a half days to go...

...so where are all these sixty quid copies that you can get, then? :rolleyes:

Social source share

Paid $40 buy it now on Ebay around 2 and a half years ago after hearing Fraser Dunn play it out at a local do, a minter as well, it's really just your luck at the time I suppose :lol:

Lenny

I also bought mine on Ebay about this time after hearing it played by Richie Andrew in North Wales. It was a mint copy and cost $50. However, the seller gave me free postage and included a free Bobby Marchan record on VOLT that I sold for a tenner!

Slim

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!