Volcanos Storm Warning, Were The Reissues Legit Or Boots ?

Guest Bogue

Reason i ask is that i had one up on Ebay , for the grand total of 99p i might add !, anyhow, had an odd message concerning it.

Someone in the US wanted to know what the b side was :lol: Why would anyone in the US want to buy and pay to ship record from the UK that they could find by the thousand, probably, at home ?

Became a bit more cautious when i looked at the email address, Lpidiscounts ! Probably just being paranoid here :lol: but dosen't Lpi usually stands for Licsensed Private Detective in the states ?

Have taken it off now but i had it listed as as a jamie/guyden reissue, hence the question, i was under the impression that they were reissues & not boots ! Am i right ?

The one i am talking about is the white with blue writing issue (see scan below)

:D I dunno ! Always seems to happen to me ! Last time i put a few up i had hassel with a Tamla issue being flagged as a counterfeit ! Wouldn't mind if i was selling something bloody expensive !!

post-5566-1191448380_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Pretty sure all the the Arctic issues were pale blue background with dark blue letters. So white label with dark blue letters or light blue background with black letters is either boot or second issue. The only thing I've seen that may contradict this theory is a picture of a Honey & Bees picture in a price guide which has pale blue background with blaclk letters,

Having said all that Storm Warning is great, and like you say easy to get hold of in the States and I shouldn't expect anyone o be flying over to convict you of selling a non-original, lol.

Best

Dave :lol:

Social source share

Pretty sure all the the Arctic issues were pale blue background with dark blue letters. So white label with dark blue letters or light blue background with black letters is either boot or second issue. The only thing I've seen that may contradict this theory is a picture of a Honey & Bees picture in a price guide which has pale blue background with blaclk letters,

Having said all that Storm Warning is great, and like you say easy to get hold of in the States and I shouldn't expect anyone o be flying over to convict you of selling a non-original, lol.

Best

Dave :P

:lol: & demos were white with black writing.

:D Nah, not expecting the FBI to break down my door, more of a case of getting your ebay account suspended was my thinking.

Just didn't add up somebody in the US being interested.

As you say though, great tune :lol:

P.s.

Seems to be quite a few various Honey & the Bees tunes come on ebay at once don't you think ? & saw one of those you mentioned :D

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Someone in the US wanted to know what the b side was :lol: Why would anyone in the US want to buy and pay to ship record from the UK that they could find by the thousand, probably, at home ?

nothing is easy to get ahold of in the states, all the records are in the UK now... I don't even understand why dealers still fly over to the US, or at least to Chicago.

Social source share

nothing is easy to get ahold of in the states, all the records are in the UK now... I don't even understand why dealers still fly over to the US, or at least to Chicago.

:lol: So there might be a market selling em back then boba ?

I have often said there must come a point where they dry up, don't think that is the case with the one i was on about, but i do think that a lot of the records between say £30 & £100 are a lot rarer now than people think :lol:

Social source share

:lol: So there might be a market selling em back then boba ?

I have often said there must come a point where they dry up, don't think that is the case with the one i was on about, but i do think that a lot of the records between say £30 & £100 are a lot rarer now than people think :lol:

Hey, I'm buying them back.

Most collections in the US have been sold. Most remaining records are beat up common records people have in their basement in horrible condition. Most of the actual store stock was imported to the UK in the 70s and 80s. If I go to a flea market now, I'm lucky to see any 45s (even bad condition hits). In order to really find stuff, now you have to have a lot of contacts and connections. A lot of the remaining decent stuff will go through ebay anyways.

I'm in Chicago, which is more picked over than other cities I think, though.

Social source share

Reason i ask is that i had one up on Ebay , for the grand total of 99p i might add !, anyhow, had an odd message concerning it.

Became a bit more cautious when i looked at the email address, Lpidiscounts ! Probably just being paranoid here :lol: but dosen't Lpi usually stands for Licsensed Private Detective in the states ?

Have taken it off now but i had it listed as as a jamie/guyden reissue, hence the question, i was under the impression that they were reissues & not boots ! Am i right ?

The one i am talking about is the white with blue writing issue (see scan below)

:D I dunno ! Always seems to happen to me ! Last time i put a few up i had hassel with a Tamla issue being flagged as a counterfeit ! Wouldn't mind if i was selling something bloody expensive !!

post-5566-1191448380_thumb.jpg

Storm warning has been booted twice if i remember right,the one in your scan is a boot ,the jamie reissues were a turquoisey green with black type , i think late 70's from Bonnie Brenner at jamie

salmon

Social source share

Storm warning has been booted twice if i remember right,the one in your scan is a boot ,the jamie reissues were a turquoisey green with black type , i think late 70's from Bonnie Brenner at jamie

salmon

You sure they were boots though ? Checked out JM's guide & it says 2nd issues were 'either' white or pale blue.

Social source share

boba, i still come over to yours because,

its $2 to the £

i still find tunes,

i get great big steaks,(why are american cows bigger than ours)

there are even a couple? of decent american beers (not gassy and full of chemicals)

the weather,(sun rain and hurricanes)

the friendliness of most people except new yorkers.

theory - no records in chicago - they all blew away!

Social source share

boba, i still come over to yours because,

its $2 to the £

i still find tunes,

i get great big steaks,(why are american cows bigger than ours)

there are even a couple? of decent american beers (not gassy and full of chemicals)

the weather,(sun rain and hurricanes)

the friendliness of most people except new yorkers.

theory - no records in chicago - they all blew away!

I'm sure there is something else to do besides looking for records, I just wouldn't know what that is. I'd be the guy looking for records in Hawaii.

Social source share

I've got an original here and I don't think many people would describe it as pale blue, it may have the tiniest hint of blue but it looks more like eggshell white and Bogue, for what its worth, I don't think yours is a boot - however, I do think you are seriously paranoid :unsure:

Social source share

I've got an original here and I don't think many people would describe it as pale blue, it may have the tiniest hint of blue but it looks more like eggshell white and Bogue, for what its worth, I don't think yours is a boot - however, I do think you are seriously paranoid :lol:

You at the Connaught tomorrow Pete, be great to see you ? :lol:

Best

Dave.

Social source share

I've got an original here and I don't think many people would describe it as pale blue, it may have the tiniest hint of blue but it looks more like eggshell white and Bogue, for what its worth, I don't think yours is a boot - however, I do think you are seriously paranoid :lol:

:lol: It's worse than that Pete, don't know if i told you ? I see dead people ! :lol:

& you are the fcuking next one if you keep picking on me ! :lol:

Social source share

ALSO TURNS UP ON A JAMIE RE-ISSUE WHICH LOOK LIKE THEY WERE MADE ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO

Also a great, slightly faster version of Storm Warning by the Ambassadors on Arctic. The one that I had, had the blue label with black lettering. Was a late Arctic number though.

Social source share

ALSO TURNS UP ON A JAMIE RE-ISSUE WHICH LOOK LIKE THEY WERE MADE ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO

Like this one ? :thumbup: Better value than the Arctic reissue actualy, as you get 'A Lady's Man' on the other side :thumbup:

post-5566-1191621093_thumb.jpg

Re ; the point Pete made about the original being such a 'pale' blue ! that' how i ended up with the white reissue. Saw it on ebay just as it was ending & grabbed it , but it must have been the blokes scanner that made it appear like the colour of the original. (sure he wouldn't have done it on purpose :thumbsup: )

Would have checked more thoroughly but it was only a couple of dollars anyhow.

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Re ; the point Pete made about the original being such a 'pale' blue ! that' how i ended up with the white reissue. Saw it on ebay just as it was ending & grabbed it , but it must have been the blokes scanner that made it appear like the colour of the original. (sure he wouldn't have done it on purpose :thumbsup: )

Social source share

The original issue of this record has a proper light blue label with dark blue print, the very light nearly white/blue labels are suspect!

Yeah I tend to agree with this now, looked at my copy again and it can never have been the shade of blue that it should have been so I guess the white/pale ones are early 70's legit reissues

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert