• Replies 100
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Last idea onthe weekender.

Dont take a camera phone. You may end up regretting it, or having the contents of the photo dragged up in, ahem, conversations with your better half, again, and again, and again.....

Social source share

No and don't bother bringing the banana flavour ones as I don't like them  :lol:

link

Bannana Slimfast is MY favourite :D

EVERY 10 YARDS PUT A LITTLE TAG ON THE STRING WITH YOUR NAME ON,  OR USE A DIFFERENT COLOUR TO EVERYONE ELSE.........

link

Fair enough getting back to the chalet, but you have to find your way out of the building first!! At a certain time most entrancies/exits are closed and last year I took a 'funy turn' and needed out but couldnt find the way - which really did my head in! I had to get someone to show me the way out. Luckily I wasn't really sick till i made the back door. Well not much :P

Social source share

Bannana Slimfast is MY favourite  :lol:

Fair enough getting back to the chalet, but you have to find your way out of the building first!! At a certain time most entrancies/exits are closed and last year I took a 'funy turn' and needed out but couldnt find the way - which really did my head in! I had to get someone to show me the way out. Luckily I wasn't really sick till i made the back door. Well not much  :P

link

I hope it wasn't something you'd eaten Dave......... :D

Social source share

There is only one answer

STAY AT YOUR MOTHERS IN RHYL - good food, warm bed, and someone to iron your clothes

link

What if your mum lives in Cambridge, will this tip still work ? ph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

What if your mum lives in Cambridge, will this tip still work ?  ph34r.gif

link

my mum lives in cambridge too karen, it's a bit far for them to bring food, but we could get them together to run a post-prestatyn helpline and to arrange our group booking with the betty fords clinic for monday afternoon

btw, she's had a word with me about behaving myself, she said: just say no

i have assured her that i will be conducting myself with dignity and maturity at all times :thumbsup:

signing off now til after weekender...look 4ward to seeing all u excited children thurs night

are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet.........

Social source share

DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH ON FRIDAY NIGHT !!!!!!!!, ENJOY SATURDAY & SUNDAY ASWELL.........

link

Absolute nonsense, over indulge Friday, Saturday oh and Sunday.......... ph34r.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

Is everyone ready for Prestatyn nothing should go wrong..... all excited... gonna be a big un.... bring it on can't wait...

Ok lets get ready... what am i wearing, iron that. sort out the food buy that... get some drink.. yep all sorted.. what time we leaving... yep 11.30 tomorrow morning (thusday) yep all sorted, all going to plan... wife pops to gym.. new car breaks down at 6.30 wednesday night.. goes into limp mode (get you home mode) Car is one month old... RAC can't fix needs to be plugged in to computer.....

wasn't expecting that one.....

Cheers Dr Pickles for offer of a lift talk tomorrow....

Social source share

Did anyone have extra guests last year  :huh: I had silverfish, but they did'nt bite :lol:

link

ARGH I hate those things gives me the creeps damp places ya know! they need water I fink! you should have booked off site like me teehee.......... ok wont rub it in anymore whistling.gif

heat heat heat heat

Social source share

ARGH I hate those things gives me the creeps damp places ya know!  they need water I fink!  you should have booked off site like me teehee.......... ok wont rub it in anymore  whistling.gif

heat  heat  heat  heat

link

Once went to treat damp in a house some years back, the walls were really bad, and as i knelt down to floor i saw something at the edge of the carpet, so i pulled the carpet back.....there must have been a million silverfish...running riot....i swear one of the swines even tipped his hat at me.....

Social source share

ARGH I hate those things gives me the creeps damp places ya know!  they need water I fink!  you should have booked off site like me teehee.......... ok wont rub it in anymore  whistling.gif

heat  heat  heat  heat

link

I shall be packing my flip-flops tomorrow, then I can tread on the slippery creatures :huh::lol::lol:

Social source share

:angry:

i'm getting so excited about prestatyn that i'm likely to peak too soon!

in order to distract my thoughts for a while, thought i'd start a topic on weekender survival tips

here's one to kick off:

always practice safe sex........don't give your real mobile number

link

:lol: If I could give you one tip it would be, don't eat in the Pontins restaurant. The food is appalling and really expensive for what is essentially slop. There is a pizza place just passed the station and they will deliver. Better still take your own food. :huh:

Social source share

Did anyone have extra guests last year  :huh: I had silverfish, but they did'nt bite :lol:

link

Oh Gawd :lol::D what the heck are silverfish? I'm getting scared now...how mobile are they? Do they just sorta stay in one place or do they crawl at super speed?

Social source share

Oh Gawd :huh:   :lol:   what the heck are silverfish? I'm getting scared now...how mobile are they?  Do they just sorta stay in one place or do they crawl at super speed?

link

=======

Tiny little insect type things, usually found in cupboards etc and they enjoy the damp. They do move with startling speed, but normally make for the dark. They are harmless, as in they don't bite or claw etc :-)

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Oh Gawd :huh:   :lol:   what the heck are silverfish? I'm getting scared now...how mobile are they?  Do they just sorta stay in one place or do they crawl at super speed?

link

Flesh eating vultures attracted to the scent of a defendless women.

Social source share

=======

Tiny little insect type things, usually found in cupboards etc and they enjoy the damp. They do move with startling speed, but normally make for the dark. They are harmless, as in they don't bite or claw etc :-)

link

I'm still scared! A weekend in a cold wartime chalet full of creepy crawlies and only Little Richard to protect me....where's that hotel Janine was on about?

Social source share

I'm still scared!  A weekend in a cold  wartime chalet full of creepy crawlies and only Little Richard to protect me....where's that hotel Janine was on about?

link

=========

They really are benign creatures, don't worry. I would offer to help protect you, but I'm not going.............

AS

..........I won't go anywhere where theres silverfish :huh::lol:

Social source share

=========

won't go anywhere where theres silverfish :huh:   :lol:

link

Uuughhh - hate those things, they remind me of something that would survive a nucleur war (isn't that sposed to be cockroaches ?). You can keep me company on the list Win :lol: By the way, I have appointed a responsible adult for Karen but I aked at least half a dozen people to be Janines carer and strangely enough they weren't very enthusiastic :D:D:P

Edited by alison
Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

=======

Tiny little insect type things they enjoy the damp. They do move with startling speed, but normally make for the dark. They are harmless, as in they don't bite or claw etc :-)

link

Make sure you don't sleep with your mouth open :lol: and you should be OK! :huh:

Social source share

Northern Welsh Silverfish, are known to have "issues" and suffer from headaches, as a "Doctor" Reg, the best advice i can offer, is if you see one looking nauseas, then give him two brown socks, tell him to take one now, and the other an hour later.

Edited by Brett
Social source share

:angry:

:lol: If I could give you one tip it would be, don't eat in the Pontins restaurant. The food is appalling and really expensive for what is essentially slop. There is a pizza place just passed the station and they will deliver. Better still take your own food. :huh:

link

Good Chippy at bottom of prestatyn hight street and v good indian on the coast road by the trafic lights about ten min walk from camp.

Anyone want any more local knowledge let me know was born there - oh and by the way whoever said the chalets were ware time "WRONG" they were built when I was about 12, and even I'm not that old, but it used to be a race track and some of the chalets used to be stables, but I think they only used to use them as staff chalets now.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

A couple of years ago on our way to Prestatyn we stopped off for lunch in a village called Llanyfryddawellehynafolybaarcudprindanfygysyrha. I asked the waitress if she could settle an argument for us. I asked her to pronounce where we were very slowly. She leaned over and said "BURRR-GURRR-KIINNGGG" :lol:

Roll on tomorrow!! :huh:

Shane

Social source share

A couple of years ago on our way to Prestatyn we stopped off for lunch in a village called Llanyfryddawellehynafolybaarcudprindanfygysyrha.  I asked the waitress if she could settle an argument for us. I asked her to pronounce where we were very slowly. She leaned over and said "BURRR-GURRR-KIINNGGG"  :lol:

Roll on tomorrow!!  :lol:

Shane

link

Oh Dear Think I have heard that one a million times (THIS WEEK) :huh:

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Oh Dear Think I have heard that one a million times (THIS WEEK) :huh:

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

link

well I like it Chrissrea! :lol:

Shane

ps. have fun this weekend! we welcome your tips on food survival! :lol:

Social source share

Uuughhh - hate those things, they remind me of something that would survive a nucleur war (isn't that sposed to be cockroaches ?). You can keep me company on the list Win  :lol: By the way, I have appointed a responsible adult for Karen but I aked at least half a dozen people to be Janines carer and strangely enough they weren't very enthusiastic  :D   :D   :P

link

=========

It's nice to know I won't be alone :huh: Can't understand why no one wanted to be Janine's carer......it's a job for life :D:lol:

Social source share

well I like it Chrissrea!  :lol:

Shane

ps. have fun this weekend! we welcome your tips on food survival!  :huh:

link

I have asked my mother to adopt some peeps for the weekend but she said three daughters is enough (AND SO DOES MY FATHER) so afraid will be snuggled up at parents for the weekend while you guys are listening to pigeons on the roof cos your so called MATES have strategically placed bread crumbs on the roof.

Social source share

Make sure you don't sleep with your mouth open  :lol: and you should be OK! :huh:

link

On average during a nights sleep a human will swallow four spiders.......this is TRUE, they crawl into your mouth, and get swallowed. It is nothing to be affraid of, same goes for silverfish.......

Social source share

I have asked my mother to adopt some peeps for the weekend but she said three daughters is enough (AND SO DOES MY FATHER) so afraid will be snuggled up at parents for the weekend while you guys are listening to pigeons on the roof cos your so called MATES have strategically placed bread crumbs on the roof.

link

STRIKE PIGEONS READ SEAGULLS FORGOT DON'T LIVE AT THE SEASIDE ANY MORE

Social source share

On average during a nights sleep a human will swallow four spiders.......this is TRUE, they crawl into your mouth, and get swallowed.  It is nothing to be affraid of, same goes for silverfish.......

link

Well thats ok as we wont be sleeping at night :huh:

Social source share

On average during a nights sleep a human will swallow four spiders.......this is TRUE, they crawl into your mouth, and get swallowed.  It is nothing to be affraid of, same goes for silverfish.......

link

=======

And if you swallow a radio-active one, you get to fight Doc Oc, or the Green Goblin.

Webslinger:-)

Social source share

=======

And if you swallow a radio-active one, you get to fight Doc Oc, or the Green Goblin.

Webslinger:-)

link

Excellent Winnie, I know that you honestly believe that what you have written is true.... :huh:

We have a Green Goblin at the bottom of our Garden :lol:

Social source share

well I like it Chrissrea!  :lol:

Shane

ps. have fun this weekend! we welcome your tips on food survival!  :huh:

link

If you want to escape for a while GREAT pub grub try the EAGLE AND CHILD in Gwaenysgor, about 2 miles from the camp (my dad used to own this one and the current landlord and landlady are great people. (Clinton & Sue). Say Hello to them for me as I may not make it up there this weekend as need to fit in w/ender mother's day lunch, seeing friends - who reckkon they are to old to SOUL with the obligatory sunday lunchtime drink with the wrinklies and ALL THA JAAAAAAAAAAAAZZ.

Archies Bar top of Prestatyn High street (on left) ok wine barie trendy type place if you like that sort of thing, meeting some non soulies there for a drink early friday eve 6.30 ish.

Cross Foxes top of Prestatyn High Street, on cross roads - OK PUB

but apart from that don't bother venturing out unless you consult the chrissieo good beer guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Crivens............  :huh:

What does it live on ?

link

=========

A strange tribe of people who live very close, regularly sacrifice one of their own, to the great "Oc". Whilst I haven't actually spoken to any of them, it is clear from the look on their faces, when descending into the pond that they are clearly at one with themselves. They are known as the bebop alula tRiBe, and an impending sacrifice is signalled, by a hearty rendition of "Third window from the right".

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

YAWN!!!!! :huh:   :lol:   :lol:   :D:D   :P

link

quick get to bed. no supper for you and make your sure you set your alarm for your paper round. and no messing with your tail again. it will fall off!

na night. sleep well.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert