The Weathers Nice

Paul-s

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Apparently Ady has DJd for them ......................but they have spelt his name wrong :no:

QoFxx

Spelling doesn't seem to be a strong point with them. I couldn't find 'em through that link. I've Djed for my mate Alec palao whose indy, Nancy yahiro to two other people and warren lee's Empire State Soul Club who wouldn't give a shit, so I'm not sure who it is.

Social source share

Oh No :lol: you don't mean...................... :no: he never would stoop so low as to threaten people would he :D

QoFxx

================

Did I miss the threat in the original 'snippet'?

I would ask 'why only part of the letter has been reproduced' could be misleading not knowing all the facts.

What's to be gained by putting it up on SS? Can only lead to people either implying or surmising.

Why was it forwarded to Paul and not sent directly to him if it was also aimed at him

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Spelling doesn't seem to be a strong point with them. I couldn't find 'em through that link. I've Djed for my mate Alec palao whose indy, Nancy yahiro to two other people and warren lee's Empire State Soul Club who wouldn't give a shit, so I'm not sure who it is.

Try this one

https://www.geocities.com/unitedsoulclubofa...a/djlineup.html

or this one

https://www.geocities.com/unitedsoulclubofamerica/

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Social source share

================

Did I miss the threat in the original 'snippet'?

I would ask 'why only part of the letter has been reproduced' could be misleading not knowing all the facts.

What's to be gained by putting it up on SS? Can only lead to people either implying or surmising.

Why was it forwarded to Paul and not sent directly to him if it was also aimed at him

Winnie:-)

thats the whole of it, that I got! I haven't edited anything. It was forwarded to me and I alone took the decision to put it on here, so that whoever sent it can explain why they are the mentors and god fathers of the scene? Also, its a personal attack on the uk dj's going out there..(fake ass brits!..) I might have had a bit of gluteous maximus surgery, but I wouldn't call it a "fake ass"!

Edited by paul-s
Social source share

Are they insinuating that the Brits who have travelled to America to put on soul nights are merely doing it to stake an early claim abroad over the big boys or 'mentors' back home?! Or do they mean that there are shadowy Americans who have been feeding these records through to us Brits for years, and that these are the real 'mentors'.....pulling the strings of the whole dastardly scheme!?

Sounds like a case for Grassy Knollington, Conspiracy Theorist....

Edited by mulf
Social source share

Guest Kevin J

ugh ... nice one paul!!

this letter was forwarded directly, by me, to the people insulted in the letter ... i didnt expect for it to go public.

personally i found the whole thing hilarious as i hadnt, and still have no idea, who these people are. as far as i can tell, they did one weekender in san jose in 2001 and havent really done anything since ... that i know of, mind you.

as i mentioned in my response to them, i am not involved with / and do not know personally kev roberts or ian levine, and wasnt sure what they were on about.

anyhow, on with the day. obviously not going to hinder the great time ill be having 10 days from now. as a good friend told me, bin it and move on.

next.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert