Corbett80

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Boba is presumably suggesting the Intensions as Moneytown is a Chicago label, but Uptight is a New Orleans label and therefore they may not be the same group, although somebody will be able to confirm the Kent/Uptown connection if there is one.

Edited by Jaco
Social source share

Thanks for the info!

Is this the same Intensions as The Uptite/Uptown/Kent group or are they different?

Intensions on The Uptite/Uptown/Kent different group to the Moneytown/Bleu Light/USA group.

The flip Just Can't Win is a version of the Mandells I Just Can't Win, diffrent backing though. Think the backing to the Mandells is used about 4 times, on The Intensions I Love You on Blue Light for one.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

definately different group to the Moneytown/Bleu Light/USA group.

The flip Just Can't Win is a version of the Mandells I Just Can't Win, diffrent backing though. Think the backing to the Mandells is used about 4 times, on The Intensions I Love You on Blue Light for one.

The intensions on Moneytown, USA, and Bleu Light are the same group, and are the exact same group as the Measures on Despenza, and 2 of the 3 members are Jimmie and Eddie on One Way. Somehow the Intensions on Tiki, which is also a west side Chicago group, has no connection and is actually just the Pharoahs. The intensions are not connection to any other intentions group.

Social source share

Boba is presumably suggesting the Intensions as Moneytown is a Chicago label, but Uptight is a New Orleans label and therefore they may not be the same group, although somebody will be able to confirm the Kent/Uptown connection if there is one.

The Intentions on Uptight are from Harrisburgh PA, if I remember correctly.

Social source share

I'm pretty sure the Intentions from Harrisburg are the same group as on the one on Philips: white guys, and at some time featuring our favourite singing record dealer, Dennis Brennan.

I'm sure he looks in here from time to time and can possibly confirm. The Uptight 45 is pretty good. if you ask me. Ditto the Philips record.

The Intentions on Moneytown are unrelated; think about it: this moniker is pretty much "vocal group 101" in terms of nomenclature.

Social source share

I'm pretty sure the Intentions from Harrisburg are the same group as on the one on Philips: white guys, and at some time featuring our favourite singing record dealer, Dennis Brennan.

I'm sure he looks in here from time to time and can possibly confirm. The Uptight 45 is pretty good. if you ask me. Ditto the Philips record.

The Intensions on Moneytown are unrelated; think about it: this moniker is pretty much "vocal group 101" in terms of nomenclature.

Your right about the Philips Intentions, the group along with Dennis included his brother Ronald, Brian Humble & Jack Valatti plus some others too as there are seven members in the photo.

post-225-1194076090_thumb.jpg

The Intensions on Moneytown included LJ Johnson, Venus Mayes and a Young Punkin' :thumbsup: Maybe Boba can add more to this.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Your right about the Philips Intentions, the group along with Dennis included his brother Ronald, Brian Humble & Jack Valatti plus some others too as there are seven members in the photo.

post-225-1194076090_thumb.jpg

The Intensions on Moneytown included LJ Johnson, Venus Mayes and a Young Punkin' :unsure: Maybe Boba can add more to this.

That's not the moneytown group lineup, I know that's from the soul harmony singles book but it's wrong. The moneytown group is Jimmy Jordan, Sam Tate, and Eddie Moore. Thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert