Stupid Ebay Auctions

boba

I like how he tagged all his soul auctions with TEFTELLER, like anyone who buys soul will know who is he or care. the people who do know who he is will know about how he consistently insulted soul collectors and ebay buyers and sellers in his discoveries columns.

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I like how he tagged all his soul auctions with TEFTELLER, like anyone who buys soul will know who is he or care. the people who do know who he is will know about how he consistently insulted soul collectors and ebay buyers and sellers in his discoveries columns.

Tefteller?? I like this guy, isn't he the man who left millions of $$$$$ worth of soul 45s in Oakland a few years back, he can insult me anytime.

Social source share

I'm bidding on one of his records at the moment. I wondered why he used his name in all his listings like we should know who he is or something, never heard of him myself. He's almost apologetic about selling soul records like it's a crime or something. What sort of stuff does he usually sell?

Social source share

I'm bidding on one of his records at the moment. I wondered why he used his name in all his listings like we should know who he is or something, never heard of him myself. He's almost apologetic about selling soul records like it's a crime or something. What sort of stuff does he usually sell?

He sells the rarest records on the planet does John but it seems he must have given-in to the power of the market place!

I spent years driving past his town whilst heading North from California since the late 70s he was very insistant to point out to me he didn't have any records that would interest me or any other soul collector, and used to put that fact in his ads "NO SOUL RECORDS".

Bit like me selling Cliff Richard, I suppose but if you check out our site for Cliff Richard or Ken Dodd you will find we have loads, we got Dollar, Bucks Fizz & The Nolans also, with a sprinklin' of Boney M & Abba. I'm proud to say our Frank Ifield selection is also second to none..

Social source share

as we all know on the soul scene. A lot of records might not be that rare but its the

quality of the tune and the demand that creates the price tags. maybe this guy doesnt

like soul or has made enough mistakes to be very bitter about it all. every genre seems

to have collectors dedicated enough to get their hands in their pockets for records that are maybe

not as rare as some people think. you only have to go on popsike and look at the pistols

god save the queen on a&m and theres been a few on but it always goes for a stack o money

dave

Social source share

as we all know on the soul scene. A lot of records might not be that rare but its the

quality of the tune and the demand that creates the price tags. maybe this guy doesnt

like soul or has made enough mistakes to be very bitter about it all. every genre seems

to have collectors dedicated enough to get their hands in their pockets for records that are maybe

not as rare as some people think. you only have to go on popsike and look at the pistols

god save the queen on a&m and theres been a few on but it always goes for a stack o money

dave

He's got a Joe Dossett on there which is great midtempo crossover soul, and an old Yarmouth spin of mine. What a prune though with all that "I am not a soul dealer and never will be" baloney. A bit of a motormouth by the sounds of it. :thumbsup: What does he like then?

Social source share

>>> TEFTELLER <<<

Strange to try to sell something and yet comment in such a Negative way.

Social source share

Guest SteveSnow

Early blues is his real passion - I've sold him a couple of 1920s posters, and he's not shy of spending a few quid on the right thing. A nice bloke to deal with I thought, but I don't know him personally. I think he has a complete collection of all the Robert Johnson 78s - that's pretty amazing I reckon.

Steve

Social source share

Early blues is his real passion - I've sold him a couple of 1920s posters, and he's not shy of spending a few quid on the right thing. A nice bloke to deal with I thought, but I don't know him personally. I think he has a complete collection of all the Robert Johnson 78s - that's pretty amazing I reckon.

Steve

Wouldn't mind betting it's the only complete Robert Johnson collection in the world if he has got e'm all.

Social source share

Guest markus gora

about mr.tefteller...i love to read his list for now more than 10 years (AS I AM INTERESTED IN ALL KINDS OF BLACK MUSIC FROM ROCK'N'ROLL TO NORTHERN SOUL :thumbup: )and i've purchased several records from this man...maybe a little expensive but who cares...it's just money; he's a real professional record dealer with accurate grading who knows what he is selling....like no other (except craig moerer or john manship)

Edited by markus gora
Social source share

personally speaking if he has a tune i want i couldn't give a rats ass what he says about the soul scene or it's records

I also have a discoveries column somewhere where he calls people who buy on ebay 'bottom feeders', i will try to dig it out.

Social source share

I always got the impression that Soul was one area that was far beneath Mr. T. For some reason the early Motown 45s were okay to sell but anything else he couldn't be bothered with. Now, he's on e-bay with "TEFTELLER" next to his listings.

Wonder why he's had the sudden change of heart ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert