• Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

See here, about to sell in an hour or so

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Darrell-Banks-Open-t...1QQcmdZViewItem

And it isn't mine, I wish I could afford to buy it though!

this is the first one I've ever seen without the inky rubber stamped ' 225 ' on it .

is just that I've not been paying attention , or do other people agree . and what is that ' 225 ' stamp anyway ?

Social source share

Guest veep1296

this is the first one I've ever seen without the inky rubber stamped ' 225 ' on it .

is just that I've not been paying attention , or do other people agree . and what is that ' 225 ' stamp anyway ?

Mine is "clean"

John Manship explained it once somewhere?post-5119-1201806966_thumb.jpg

Social source share

The 225 number is how many minutes the record lasts for , mine has the stamp , bought off a Tony Ellis auction in 1980 for £65 .Also won a Shane Martin CBS demo the same day for £70 , that was an expensive day !! Best ,Eddie

Think you mean seconds Ed :D

Social source share

Do I recall someone (Tony Rounce maybe) saying this was a dub of the Revilot record while the Stateside issue was from the master tapes?

Could be, I remember seeing these, mentioned in both.

>>> Drifters - Uk Polydor/ Atlantic <<<

Follow this thread and dubbing from disc is mentioned a couple of times.

>>> Fidels - Try A Little On Vj <<<

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I've also seen plain yellow demo labelled UK copies with hand-typed credits.

I find UK presses over here too...along with French, German, Italian and Dutch stuff too! Last week I found a Dutch Al Wilson 'Now I know what love is' for a few Yen. However, I've now just recalled a recent memory I've been trying to surpress...I missed a Stateside stock copy of the Invitations (WWWMB) just before Christmas...a collector in front of me took it...840 Yen...about £4!!! Naturally I proceeded to tell him that he didn't need it and he should let me have it as it was 'only' a UK copy! He said he had a US copy too, but he still didn't put it back...grrr! C'est la vie, or shoganai as we say over here.

ph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert