Gary Sole/ Holding On

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know what it's worth (well IMHO) but pretty sure the £800 asking price was prompted by a large amount paid on either e-bay or JM auction. Usually see it for around £400.

we have never auctioned this record, but we have sold two copies in recent times at £300 each. Which may be low, as we've not listed it since june 06.

Dave Raistrick actually found an 100 count box of this title in the late 70s, then later on the same trip came across over 30 other copies..and left them behind because he though 100 would be enough to have in stock. Oh for a "time machine.."

Social source share

we have never auctioned this record, but we have sold two copies in recent times at £300 each. Which may be low, as we've not listed it since june 06.

Dave Raistrick actually found an 100 count box of this title in the late 70s, then later on the same trip came across over 30 other copies..and left them behind because he though 100 would be enough to have in stock. Oh for a "time machine.."

The things weve done john, don`t even want to say what i sold mine for, under pressure from THE WIFE to get another, as its her favourite tune, HELLO MR BANK MANAGER :shades::lol::lol:

Social source share

must have been another auction John, memory ain't what it was... :shades: remember seeing it go somewhere for quite a lot then another appearing on hear.....or maybe I'm just losing it all together :lol::lol:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Had a spare copy up on here for offers a while ago, and was offered £60, then took a little stick from the fella making the offer.

heh heh.

Social source share

I've had a couple of these over the years through my hands, correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember a production fault making it jump towards the end of the record or was I just unlucky to have a couple of copies that jumped? good record though also had The Soul Blenders - 'Tight Rope' on Knight around the same time (Stafford period) which is well worth picking up.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

I've had a couple of these over the years through my hands, correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember a production fault making it jump towards the end of the record or was I just unlucky to have a couple of copies that jumped? good record though also had The Soul Blenders - 'Tight Rope' on Knight around the same time (Stafford period) which is well worth picking up.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Just played it o tape mark, and yes it does seem to jump towards the end, unless of course the one on tape is one you had :yes::D:D

Social source share

I've had a couple of these over the years through my hands, correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember a production fault making it jump towards the end of the record or was I just unlucky to have a couple of copies that jumped? good record though also had The Soul Blenders - 'Tight Rope' on Knight around the same time (Stafford period) which is well worth picking up. Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mine jumps on some decks Mark, but is fine on others. Weird!! :yes:

Social source share

Mine jumps on some decks Mark, but is fine on others. Weird!! :yes:

There is one particular groove that is too close to the next groove inside of it, if you get my drift?

I've had a few copies come and go over the years and yes a poorly weighted arm, poor tracking and or a dodgy stylus will indeed lead to the stylus hoping into the inner groove.

Blame the engineer as he/she should've set the lathe up to have more space between the grooves, or a deeper cut to compensate for the fact that it is a pretty long track.

Great track even though it gets a tad tricky for the dancers as it speeds up juuuuuuust a touch mid-way through! £800 is way OTT imo.

:D

Social source share

Great track even though it gets a tad tricky for the dancers as it speeds up juuuuuuust a touch mid-way through! £800 is way OTT imo.

:thumbsup:

gotta agree with the OTT price. £300 JM sold them for would be about right,

Edited by chalky
Social source share

must have been another auction John, memory ain't what it was... :thumbsup: remember seeing it go somewhere for quite a lot then another appearing on hear.....or maybe I'm just losing it all together :P:g:

Did you fall on yer`head Chalk`s,allways been £250 or so......... :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert