Review Of New Peanut Duck Single

https://cgi.ebay.com/Marsha-Gee-Peanut-Duck...1QQcmdZViewItem

MARSHA GEE

PEANUT DUCK

PENN45012

Everyone agrees: "Peanut Duck" is simply one of the best songs ever. A fascinating composition featuring raw sound, astonishing LYRICS and, last but not least, a sexy, b-i-z-a-r-r-e performance... A true experience for the senses!

Little is known about this number, save for the fact that it was waxed at Philadelphia's Virtue studio at some point in the mid-sixties. There are several opinions concerning the identity of the singer hiding behind the Marsha Gee artistic name (a celebrity?, was she drunk or simply knackered?). Another mystery: how comes that such a powerful number was not originally released? Preserved through an acetate -discovered in the late 70's- it was later included in a few compilations, some of them good, some of them quite horrendous... In any case, here you have the first legit and, hopefully, definitive release of "the duck song". Call it soul, R&B or simply dance music... In a perfect world, such a dance would be taught in schools.

"This is an absolute classic: frentic, loosel and above all .... sexy. Was she drunk? Was she a stripper? Man, she could sing. This vinyl cut sounds awesome and richer than ever..." - Shindig Magazine

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not sure if i'm missing something here, but how does Peanut Duck translate to sex and a nacked woman on the front cover? Review penned by Freud?

Great dancer, one of my all time faves, used to have people rushing to the dance floor at stafford back in the day.

Is it a legit issue does anyone know?

Social source share

https://cgi.ebay.com/Marsha-Gee-Peanut-Duck...1QQcmdZViewItem

MARSHA GEE

PEANUT DUCK

PENN45012

Everyone agrees: "Peanut Duck" is simply one of the best songs ever. A fascinating composition featuring raw sound, astonishing LYRICS and, last but not least, a sexy, b-i-z-a-r-r-e performance... A true experience for the senses!

Little is known about this number, save for the fact that it was waxed at Philadelphia's Virtue studio at some point in the mid-sixties. There are several opinions concerning the identity of the singer hiding behind the Marsha Gee artistic name (a celebrity?, was she drunk or simply knackered?). Another mystery: how comes that such a powerful number was not originally released? Preserved through an acetate -discovered in the late 70's- it was later included in a few compilations, some of them good, some of them quite horrendous... In any case, here you have the first legit and, hopefully, definitive release of "the duck song". Call it soul, R&B or simply dance music... In a perfect world, such a dance would be taught in schools.

"This is an absolute classic: frentic, loosel and above all .... sexy. Was she drunk? Was she a stripper? Man, she could sing. This vinyl cut sounds awesome and richer than ever..." - Shindig Magazine

hope the instrumentals on the flip massive stafford sound for keb but originally a spin for john vincent in the 70's .last time i saw the original acetate of this was in 87 kebbhad sold it to a lad from bedford called jason dont know of it's where abouts now though :boxing:

Social source share

hope the instrumentals on the flip massive stafford sound for keb but originally a spin for john vincent in the 70's .last time i saw the original acetate of this was in 87 kebbhad sold it to a lad from bedford called jason dont know of it's where abouts now though :boxing:

=====

hey steve

remember this at Stafford so well - monster or what!!

Social source share

this new peanut duck single isn't that new I'm afraid, it's been out for quite some time now. think it's from Spain. Anyway, sadly on the flipside it hasn't got the instrumental but a nice popcorn-ish track called "shimpanzee" by count yates.

Speaking of the peanut duck instrumental (wasn't it called "dance track"?), has anyone a nice clean mp3 of it for me?

TIA

benji

Social source share

On the back of the "45" I think it says that the track is licensed from Goldmine or Gold Soul (or something to that effect) so I'm sure that they must have all the information on this track as they own it??

Des Parker

Got it on a boot [ joker label ] with h.b. barnum [ it hurts to much to cry ]+ the enchantments [i'm in love with your daughter ] ,any body else own up to having a boot ? lol :thumbsup:

must be worth a few £ s

Social source share

YIP I HAD THE JOKER BOOT.

BOT THE ONES ON JOKER FAE PETE WIDDISON @ RHYL SCOOTER RALLY1986.

REMEMBER IT WELL,CAUSE WHEN HE PLAYED THE SHOWMEN/OUR LOVE WILL GROW ON JOKER IN THE CAMPSITE.

I WAS HELPING M8 PUT ON HIS CHROME TWISTED CENTER STAND.PETE PLAYED SHOWMAN.HE DROPPED TOOLS & RAN TO PETES STALL TO BUY,JUST LIKE EVERY1 ELSE THAT DAY.

SPOKE TO PETE NAE LONG AGO,HE SOLD HEAPS THAT DAY(said he could of sold 5 times amount if he had them).

PS,I HAD ONLY £4 TO GET HOME TO ABERDEEN FROM RHYL.

SO I HAD TO KINDA FORGET TO PAY @ RHYL PETROL STATION TO MAKE IT HOME.(try doing that with £4 now,lol).

KEEP THAT TO YOURSELFS.

BACK TO TOPIC,YIP LOVE THIS TUNE.

Social source share

this new peanut duck single isn't that new I'm afraid, it's been out for quite some time now. think it's from Spain. Anyway, sadly on the flipside it hasn't got the instrumental but a nice popcorn-ish track called "shimpanzee" by count yates.

Speaking of the peanut duck instrumental (wasn't it called "dance track"?), has anyone a nice clean mp3 of it for me?

TIA

benji

i think you can buy this 45 via this link for 6 euros plus p+p,if i was marsha gee i would have the right hump being associated vocally with this tune,imo a great backing track but the vocals make me cringe not staffords finest moment imo,im trying to think of a dodgy wigan track on par vocally with this dirge ??, :thumbsup:ph34r.gif:lol::) ,imo of course!!!

https://www.soundflat.de/shop/shop.cfm?artnr=11888

Social source share

Of course it's not the best moment in soul music, of course it's not Marsha Gee singing (Could be even a white girl?), of course it's not Marsha Gee or the real singer on the picture cover but it's one hell of a catchy tune. period.

Even if some don't like it now I'm sure everyone danced to it here and there ...

Social source share

I had one of those 80s boots,dunno what happened to it. She does sound drunk but I think it's a great vocal whatever anybody else says-it's raw and she sounds like she's having a laugh singing it. I'd love to know who it really is-somebody must know? It used to pack the dancefloor on the Mod and Soul scene in the 80s.

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest 12shades

As the story has it ,accorrding to my mate Steve Giles from Bedford. Mr, Steve Phillis had the 7" on the back of his door for years and he might have given it to Keb,he thinks.....Anyway Jason haynes (Bedrord) could have ended up with it for sure.Jason is now near Kettering.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert