Boomerang @ Canal Tavern Thorne : Saturday 9th August [*9 Hour Special*]

**** Given the emails and mentions so far regarding our 9 HOUR SUMMER SPECIAL, the best B&B and HOTEL rates are sure to be snapped up soon.

Please visit https://www.boomerangsoul.co.uk/find.htm#hotels

for a list of places to stay near the Canal Tavern ****

(ps. even our spare beds are booked up already - regardless of my cooking skills yes.gif )

===========================

BOOMERANG

at

The CANAL TAVERN

South Parade, Thorne (Doncaster), DN8 5DZ

*** 9 HOUR SUMMER SPECIAL ***

Guest DJ's

SOUL SAM

ARTHUR FENN

DAVE BOX

join resident MARIA O

spinning a quality soul selection, featuring 60's & 70s soul

4PM - 1AM

£7 on door (to cover additional costs)

For past playlists, accomodation, travel information AND MORE, please visit: www.boomerangsoul.co.uk

----

Lots more chit-chat on this event to come, but for now....

- the word of the day is METHUSELAH :)

Edited by Maria O
  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

you won't get chit chat from me....

eager beaver that I am, have just booked a room at The Belmont (it may be grotty but its a 3 minute stagger away and breakfast is OK)

for anyone else interested if you go through booking.com you can get a double B&B for £55

Going to make a big effort to get up for this one. I love the music played at Boomerang when I've visited it.

I'm not sure if I'm driving up, don't really fancy that drive on my own, anyone in London interested in joining me? Otherwise what is the situation on the trains? Is it King's Cross to Doncaster? Is there a connection to Thorne or is it a case of taxis?

And it would be a great prelude to having a minor op on the following Monday.

I'm not sure if I'm driving up, don't really fancy that drive on my own, anyone in London interested in joining me? Otherwise what is the situation on the trains? Is it King's Cross to Doncaster? Is there a connection to Thorne or is it a case of taxis?

Geoff,

Hopefully you can organise another car pool.

But our website gives travel info as well

[ CLICK HERE ]

I always use qjump.co.uk to book trains, as all fares are shown against times

Choose the return fare, but ignore the first prices you see. If you click the bit that says:

Cheaper tickets

It could be cheaper to buy two singles. Check out the single fares here.

.... RIGHT NOW - There are single fares from London to Doncaster at only £10.10 EACH!!!

These fares are non-refundable, but much cheaper than driving alone

The NEAREST LOCAL STATIONS to the Canal Tavern are Thorne North station (0.8 miles) or Thorne South station (0.7 miles), but we might be able to arrange a lift from Doncaster wink.gif .

m

Edited by Maria O
  • 2 weeks later...

- the word of the day is METHUSELAH whistling.gif

M E T H U S E L A H

"As old as Methuselah" meaning "Very old"

Origin : Methuselah was a Hebrew patriarch who was supposed to have lived for 969 years.

So far (and due to heavy arm twisting :lol: ), the young Mr Fenn has been a regular guest DJ for us.

BUT

Our two special guest DJ's for this night are SOUL "methuselah" SAM and DAVE "methuselah" BOX.

There are two reasons they've earnt the right to this special name. ...Can you guess what they are?

m

ps. Looks like the furthest travelled for this one so far, will be the Spanish :)

Although I am tempted to put the Oz entry for Miss Universe on the door (if Karen lets me :D ), so I can explain the concept of a boomerang to her and "thank" her personally for making us antipodeans look ridiculous yet again [ -> READ THIS (off topic) ]

• 3 weeks later...

fancy having 2 of the oldest men in the world DJing on the same night

should I come dressed as a nurse with my first aid kit in case of any incidents.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
Guest soul kitten

well how silly am i :lol: am working this weekend but that wont stop me from attending :lol:

just means that i ll miss the start so can you do me a cd of all records i ve missed so i dont feel left out ta wicked.gif

dont worry about the old folk Kirsty i ll have the full kit in the back of the car for any injuries :thumbup:

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

fancy having 2 of the oldest men in the world DJing on the same night

should I come dressed as a nurse with my first aid kit in case of any incidents.... :D

yes please - That would really make Sam's day! :D

Their ages are reason one for the methuselah special - but the other reason is Dave and Sam's longevity as soul dj's.

We're talking 4 decades or more ......EACH! :thumbsup:

well how silly am i :) am working this weekend but that wont stop me from attending :D

just means that i ll miss the start so can you do me a cd of all records i ve missed so i dont feel left out ta :lol:

No laugh.gif

- you'll just have to come down with a suitable desease in time to take the day off.

m

ps. Not to be outdone by the Spanish, it now seems that Sweden will also be represented.

Hotels are being booked up by travellers, so please grab them while you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank goodness you kind people are awake! Got back this afternoon from a course I've been on since last week (and rimini not long before that), so totally lost track of time. What happened to July?

....Can't believe Boomerang is so close now - but I'm glad really :D

Been on the phone with Karen tonight and she's been busy co-ordinating travellers and preparing the mailout. She's had to unexpectantly replace her phone, but the number on the flyer [ CLICK ] is back in operation again.

Sales tables are reserved for a few now (Sam and Andy included), but all please feel free to bring your small sales boxes on the night. The flyer table will happily take your events promos too.

Hope that makes sense coz I indulged in too much 'networking' last night :thumbsup:

m

ps. We're really looking forward to seeing everyone again :sleep3: . You're right Sharon - it HAS been too long

Guest peter burke

Hi all,

I think all is coming together nicely for our next BOOMERANG DO at the Canal Tavern.

I am really looking forward to hearing sets from all our DJs on our only 9 hour event this year. I hope to hear from IU

about what time flights land at Doncaster airport from Spain [3 o'clock ish?].

Sleeping arrangemets have been made and shopping list for breakfast done for the usual suspects at our house, rooms

sorted at the Belmont, lady I spoke to seemed very nice, mailing list in hand, so I think we are good to go.

Hope you can all make it, together we will have a blast.

Love Karen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kerry and myself looking forward to Boomerang and celebrating Sams b/day Maria. Can you save a sales table for Andy? Will let you know how many boxes bringing.

....chalky is rory & dawn going?...where deffo going after missing the last 1 :D

....bringing a few mates..should be a cracking do :D

....col..shell.

oooh by this time next week...

I'll have had a haircut, have a dress on and be wearing enough make-up to give a drag queen a run for there money... theres also a strong possiblity that I'll be on the dancefloor

hope to see some of you there

Guest Adam G

oooh by this time next week...

I'll have had a haircut, have a dress on and be wearing enough make-up to give a drag queen a run for there money... theres also a strong possiblity that I'll be on the dancefloor

hope to see some of you there

Unfortunatly I will be sunning myself in Florida Kirsty so will miss this one. Might see you two at TOrwell?

Adam.

Leaving 2.30am drive to Glasgee and away

Been on the phone with Karen tonight and she's been busy co-ordinating travellers and preparing the mailout. She's had to unexpectantly replace her phone, but the number on the flyer [ CLICK ] is back in operation again.

SPARE ROOM - be quick!

Karen's holding a family room (£60 for 4 people) at the Belmont Hotel until tomorrow. Give her a call to snap this up tonight, else she'll release it back to the hotel on Monday. It's very useful if you get tired or feel like a drink.

EARLY START & £7 ENTRY (REMINDER)

Feedback from last year's extended event had a few people wishing they had arrived from the start. Each of the four on deck duty will get two sets and we all know that this will mean much more opportunity for

soulful----V-A-R-I-E-T-Y----P-L-U-S from the start

...I have just double-checked that the bar staff will be there from 4pm onwards to tend to your needs :) .

Due to extra venue costs (and to cover nights when we lose money), once again we must ask for £7 entry for the annual summer special. I hope everybody agrees that is reasonable for a 9 hour special (4pm-1am).

Obviously, the door charge will fall back to the usual £5 after 8pm.

FOOD AT THE VENUE

We always grab a meal at the venue (available in the resturant from 6pm to 8:30pm) as there is lots of good pub food on offer. Plus there's no problem in bringing your meal into the back of the function room like we do, so you won't miss out on the sounds.

SOUL SAM'S BIRTHDAY

Last year we decided to announce Sam's birthday was near as he stepped on the decks for the last spot. It was meant to be a one-off bit of fun (and reminder that he put me in charge of his 70th in 2011).

A few months ago, Sam asked that we do not get him another cake (No Sam... I'm saving that for your 70th), that we are not to give him any surprise sing-a-longs (No Sam... I'm saving that for your 70th) and then when I DID NOT GET THE HINT- he started calling this Boomerang his BIRTHDAY SOUL NIGHT! :Dwink.gif

So ....at midnight, a certain person in the room will be turning 67 years old - nuff said! :thumbup:

Must admit, we love any excuse for a party anyway :D

We think it might just be another fun night out

m

....chalky is rory & dawn going?...where deffo going after missing the last 1 :)

....bringing a few mates..should be a cracking do :thumbup:

....col..shell.

ey up. we mentioned it to Rory and Dawn but they'd already decided that they are going, Sue and new guy too I think.

Edited by chalky

Hi all,

I think all is coming together nicely for our next BOOMERANG DO at the Canal Tavern.

I am really looking forward to hearing sets from all our DJs on our only 9 hour event this year. I hope to hear from IU

Sleeping arrangemets have been made and shopping list for breakfast done for the usual suspects at our house, rooms

sorted at the Belmont, lady I spoke to seemed very nice, mailing list in hand, so I think we are good to go.

We could go if you can wear what you was wearing in that photo :thumbup: ..

It all sounds pretty good indeed.. :)

Hi all,

Thank you for landing on us at the weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it :thumbup: . And what a good promoter you were, the best I've seen for a while, you tried to get everybody at Pip's birthday pary to come over to Boomerang, even the DJs :D Well done Karen :) . We'll ring you in the week and confirm, would luv to see you all again!!! Mind you unlike Malayka, we won't be driving to it a week early!!! :D But after all the selling you did to us it would be crime not to be there yes.gif M+P+C+C xxxxx

Guest peter burke

You are right Carlos, it would be a crying shame if you couldn'd share our weekend, as we shared yours last week!

Thank you for your kind hospitality and company, it was great to see you both and Paul and Mandy.

I have spent today airing beds in readiness so no excuses, I promise it will be a hoot with great music, fine food, and

friends to share memories with.

Love Karen [and Pete] xxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest peter burke

Thanks for the pm Val, I was pleased to hear you are having a peaceful week because Dave has locked himself in his

record room and searching for his playBOX for our venue.

Its just a shame its not a 99 hour spectacular instead of 9 because of all the fantastic vinyl we are going to hear there is never enough time for every jem to get a spin.

I shall just mention we have quite a few people coming with sales boxes as well as great oportunities to get your heads

stuck into some of Andy Dysons boxes, and also Arthur and Sam no doubt will be selling too, possibly Dave Thorley [but only early doors as he is having to be dj ing down south later.]

Just finalising plans to pick up Kristoffer from Sweden on Friday nite, hotel sorted for our Spanish friends, and then

only the London, Manchester, Cheltenham,Goole, Hull, York,Doncaster,Skeggy, and others to greet on the day.xKarenx

**** Given the emails and mentions so far regarding our 9 HOUR SUMMER SPECIAL, the best B&B and HOTEL rates are sure to be snapped up soon.

Please visit https://www.boomerangsoul.co.uk/find.htm#hotels

for a list of places to stay near the Canal Tavern ****

(ps. even our spare beds are booked up already - regardless of my cooking skills :D )

===========================

BOOMERANG

at

The CANAL TAVERN

South Parade, Thorne (Doncaster), DN8 5DZ

*** 9 HOUR SUMMER SPECIAL ***

Guest DJ's

SOUL SAM

ARTHUR FENN

DAVE BOX

join resident MARIA O

spinning a quality soul selection, featuring 60's & 70s soul

4PM - 1AM

£7 on door (to cover additional costs)

For past playlists, accomodation, travel information AND MORE, please visit: www.boomerangsoul.co.uk

----

- the word of the day is METHUSELAH :lol:

SORRY CAN'T MAKE THIS ONE- :) BUT I'M SURE THE YORK POSSE WILL MORE THAN COMPENSATE :P .....HAVE A GREAT ONE :shades:

MANIFESTO SOUL CLUB. FRID 12th SEPT KELLINGLEY CLUB, KNOTTINGLEY. WF11 8ER.

Resident DJ's Pete Jay & Little Av. Guest DJs Andy Bellwood (York) & Dale Byers (Tadcaster)

8.00 til 1.00. Large wooden dancefloor. Cheap bar. Record dealers welcome. Tel: 07775646721/07930801096. www.freewebs.com/manifestosoulclub

BEARSOUL & FRIENDS PRESENT 'A TASTE OF HONEY' FRID 26TH SEPT 'THE KINGS ARMS' BLOOM STREET. SALFORD. M3 6AN

DJs : MARTIN GOGGIN ( Cork Leeside S.C) ANDY BELLWOOD (York), ADY POUNTAIN (Vinyl Viagara! You'll be up All-Night .. Dancing !! ) PAUL HAVEKIN ( GSC ) JORDI RIPOLLES (Groove Merchant) JOHNNY FINGERS (Demon Devil Of The Decks )More TBC CHECK WEBSITE FOR DETAILS www.bearsoul.moonfruit.com.

Edited by andybellwood
Guest peter burke

Thanks Andy, hope to see you soon.

Sorry I ran out of space before so sorry to not mention other travellers, yes I mean YOU KIRSTY and the Huddersfield

posse! Milton Keynes [sorry Clair and Jen] Wellingborough etc.

OK this is getting out of hand, lol.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please feel free to add your own post about your exact location start point, so I can inform the bar staff of how thirsty on a sliding scale of 1 to 10 you will all be on your arrival. [i assume that will be 10 then!!!!!!!!!!!]

Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday. xxKARENxx

SPARE ROOM - be quick!

Karen's holding a family room (£60 for 4 people) at the Belmont Hotel until tomorrow. Give her a call to snap this up tonight, else she'll release it back to the hotel on Monday. It's very useful if you get tired or feel like a drink.

EARLY START & £7 ENTRY (REMINDER)

Feedback from last year's extended event had a few people wishing they had arrived from the start. Each of the four on deck duty will get two sets and we all know that this will mean much more opportunity for

soulful----V-A-R-I-E-T-Y----P-L-U-S from the start

...I have just double-checked that the bar staff will be there from 4pm onwards to tend to your needs :shades: .

Due to extra venue costs (and to cover nights when we lose money), once again we must ask for £7 entry for the annual summer special. I hope everybody agrees that is reasonable for a 9 hour special (4pm-1am).

Obviously, the door charge will fall back to the usual £5 after 8pm.

FOOD AT THE VENUE

We always grab a meal at the venue (available in the resturant from 6pm to 8:30pm) as there is lots of good pub food on offer. Plus there's no problem in bringing your meal into the back of the function room like we do, so you won't miss out on the sounds.

SOUL SAM'S BIRTHDAY

Last year we decided to announce Sam's birthday was near as he stepped on the decks for the last spot. It was meant to be a one-off bit of fun (and reminder that he put me in charge of his 70th in 2011).

A few months ago, Sam asked that we do not get him another cake (No Sam... I'm saving that for your 70th), that we are not to give him any surprise sing-a-longs (No Sam... I'm saving that for your 70th) and then when I DID NOT GET THE HINT- he started calling this Boomerang his BIRTHDAY SOUL NIGHT! :D:P

So ....at midnight, a certain person in the room will be turning 67 years old - nuff said! :lol:

Must admit, we love any excuse for a party anyway :)

We think it might just be another fun night out

m

Hi Maria

Flanny here, me and my wife Debs, and Tracy will be knocking on the door @ 4,o.clock representing the Orwell posse from the northwest... really looking forward to this one :lol:

also our friends coming from London Drew & Ady along with Pete Widd so shud be fun & frolics :lol:

see you all Saturday

should I come dressed as a nurse with my first aid kit in case of any incidents.... :lol:

Yes Kirsty, definitely come in your nurse's uniform, I've developed pain in my lower back in the last couple of days, so may well need your ministrations, lol. Just hope it's not going to stop me getting out on the dance floor, keep on taking the co-codimols.

I'll be coming from north London with Martin from Welwyn Garden City and Lorraine and Graham from Watford, so I suspect their thirst will be great, unfortunately I'm supposed to be off the booze.

I've been to Boomerang twice, love the music played and good to see friends from around the country.

Yes Kirsty, definitely come in your nurse's uniform, I've developed pain in my lower back in the last couple of days, so may well need your ministrations, lol. Just hope it's not going to stop me getting out on the dance floor, keep on taking the co-codimols.

I'll be coming from north London with Martin from Welwyn Garden City and Lorraine and Graham from Watford, so I suspect their thirst will be great, unfortunately I'm supposed to be off the booze.

I've been to Boomerang twice, love the music played and good to see friends from around the country.

I've decided I'm waaay to sophisticated these days to wear a uniform out... but I'll happily walk on your back at some point in the evening. Though, seeing as I'm around twice the weight of you, it might not be your lower back that'll give you problems after :lol:

I'm so excited... its gonna be a long few days

Plans are now in foot that I may be making this trip down..... although how many times have I said that recently!!

If I do can you make sure there is some nice cool German beer available for my arrival!!

Hope you can make it pal, we need to catch up and have a few beers!! :lol:

WOW - looks like we'll be doing lots of catching up on Saturday :lol:

Karen's phone has been busy with enquiries, so please keep those calls coming

...because I don't have time to chat to her much at work this week :)

DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE

Must warn first timers again that SOUTH PARADE is a hidden slip road near the canal.

Zoom in and out of the

map [ CLICK HERE ]

or print out the attached directions (pdf file)

FROM THE NORTH (M62)

1. Leave the M62 at junction 35 (signposted The South), then join the M18 motorway

2. Leave the M18 at junction 6 (signposted A614 Thorne)

3. Then at Waterside Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A614 (signposted Thorne)

4. Continue forward onto Field Side - A614. Entering Thorne

5. Bear right onto South Parade

FROM THE SOUTH (A1)

1. Leave the A1(M) at junction 35 (signposted Sheffield M1, Scunthorpe M180)

2. At roundabout take the 3rd exit, then join the M18 motorway (signposted Scunthorpe)

3. Leave the M180 at junction 1, then at Tudworth Roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A614 (signposted Thorne)

4. Continue forward onto Field Side - A614. Entering Thorne

5. Bear right onto South Parade

IF YOU GET THERE EXTRA EARLY

The Canal Tavern's main bar will be open all day as usual

...and if we don't hear banging on the door at BOOMERANG opening time, don't be surprised if we come looking for you all

(again)

We have our own function room entry on ORCHARD STREET

m

CanalTavern_directions.pdf

Thanks Andy, hope to see you soon.

Sorry I ran out of space before so sorry to not mention other travellers, yes I mean YOU KIRSTY and the Huddersfield

posse! Milton Keynes [sorry Clair and Jen] Wellingborough etc.

OK this is getting out of hand, lol.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please feel free to add your own post about your exact location start point, so I can inform the bar staff of how thirsty on a sliding scale of 1 to 10 you will all be on your arrival. [i assume that will be 10 then!!!!!!!!!!!]

Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday. xxKARENxx

Hi Karen

Maybe 6 or more of us coming over for the first time, looks like its gonna be busy indeed... See you all soon..

steve

oh blimey, looks like its gonna be scorchio in the Canal Tavern - I can still remember my first visit last August

this will definately affect what i'm gonna be wearing - hot bodied lady that I am :lol:

oh and for all you newcomers... the table and seating area thats attached to the side of the stage is MINE

good job I'll be there from the start to make sure no Z-listers try to claim it whistling.giflaugh.gif

Guest topcatnumpty1

hi everyone i dont supose there are any kind souls that will be going from or passing bradford to thorne on saturday as our car is poorly at present ,thanks T C and RANI :sleep3:

Guest soul kitten

oh blimey, looks like its gonna be scorchio in the Canal Tavern - I can still remember my first visit last August

this will definately affect what i'm gonna be wearing - hot bodied lady that I am :P

oh and for all you newcomers... the table and seating area thats attached to the side of the stage is MINE

good job I'll be there from the start to make sure no Z-listers try to claim it :sleep3::(

hey Kirsty save me a place ,im not that great at the moment with my asthma but am determined that i wont miss this even if i just sit there all night listening and getting drinks brought to me ,cant get there till 7 at the earliest.

Sharon x

hey Kirsty save me a place ,im not that great at the moment with my asthma but am determined that i wont miss this even if i just sit there all night listening and getting drinks brought to me ,cant get there till 7 at the earliest.

Sharon x

will do honey :sleep3:

hi everyone i dont supose there are any kind souls that will be going from or passing bradford to thorne on saturday as our car is poorly at present ,thanks T C and RANI :sleep3:

Tony we're stopping going dead early and stopping over

Any good to you?

Sharon x

I finally joined the NHS and they caught me out in the medical (I'd stopped taking my meds and the lung capacity proved low). Hopefully the new puffer will prove an energy boost for the evening, else we can both stand in a corner and pant when we hear a song we like :(

as for the music....

I decided to keep it simple: each get a 1 hour spot + an hour-and-a-quarter spot, with lineup as follows:

04:00pm Maria O

05:00pm Soul Sam

06:00pm Dave Box

07:00pm Arthur Fenn

08:00pm Maria O

09:15pm Dave Box

10:30pm Arthur Fenn

11:45pm Soul Sam

1:00 AM === Goodbye's / cleanup ===

This means that if Dave can send me his playlist after Saturday, I'll only have 7 hours of music left to type out (Sam and Arthur always make me work for it) :sleep3:

m

ps. Ady Pountain has also reserved a sales table. Please let Karen or myself know if any more wish to reserve sales space, as we reorganise all the furniture upon arrival and I want to make sure that vinyl related matters are well looked after :P

I finally joined the NHS and they caught me out in the medical (I'd stopped taking my meds and the lung capacity proved low). Hopefully the new puffer will prove an energy boost for the evening, else we can both stand in a corner and pant when we hear a song we like :(

as for the music....

I decided to keep it simple: each get a 1 hour spot + an hour-and-a-quarter spot, with lineup as follows:

This means that if Dave can send me his playlist after Saturday, I'll only have 7 hours of music left to type out (Sam and Arthur always make me work for it) :sleep3:

m

ps. Ady Pountain has also reserved a sales table. Please let Karen or myself know if any more wish to reserve sales space, as we reorganise all the furniture upon arrival and I want to make sure that vinyl related matters are well looked after :P

I WANT A SALES TABLE PLEASE MARIA AND CAN YA STICK ME BY ADY SO WE CAN TALK GIBBERISH ABOUT VINYL !!!!!!!! AND NEED A POWER POINT FOR PORTABLE PLAYER TA XX

BIG LUV CYA SATURDAY CHRIS N CARLOS XXXXX

Edited by bearsoul

Its tomorrow, its tomorrow

I'm stupidly excited... anyone would think this is my favourite soul night :wave:

See you lovely Ladies (that includes you Arthur and Peter :thumbup: ) at 4 tomorrow

I WANT A SALES TABLE PLEASE MARIA AND CAN YA STICK ME BY ADY SO WE CAN TALK GIBBERISH ABOUT VINYL !!!!!!!! AND NEED A POWER POINT FOR PORTABLE PLAYER TA XX

Ok mate. It may mean me getting an electrian's qualification in the next 24hrs, but I'll do my best :lol: .

Kristoffer is landing from Sweden soon and ready to explore York later. I understand from Karen that he's up for "a typical English meal later", so I guess I'll be suffering a dodgy Indian tummy tomorrow ...which should add to my usual nerves of anything going wrong (This time we're even packing new bulbs for the stage lamps).

Anyway, enough dribble from me. I'm not allowed to get excited beforehand and everyone at work overhearing my calls is starting to suspect that my quiet weekends are a front for some pretty kinky going's on :thumbsup:

Please everyone - don't forget to sort out your designated drivers or accomodation for tomorrow. If you need a taxi booking, talk to us (ask at the door) early on and we will arrange it through the venue.

...Lots of cheer flowed at the last 9 hour special and we want you all to be safe after :yes:

m

Ok mate. It may mean me getting an electrian's qualification in the next 24hrs, but I'll do my best biggrin.gif .

Kristoffer is landing from Sweden soon and ready to explore York later. I understand from Karen that he's up for "a typical English meal later", so I guess I'll be suffering a dodgy Indian tummy tomorrow ...which should add to my usual nerves of anything going wrong (This time we're even packing new bulbs for the stage lamps).

Anyway, enough dribble from me. I'm not allowed to get excited beforehand and everyone at work overhearing my calls is starting to suspect that my quiet weekends are a front for some pretty kinky going's on :yes:

Please everyone - don't forget to sort out your designated drivers or accomodation for tomorrow. If you need a taxi booking, talk to us (ask at the door) early on and we will arrange it through the venue.

...Lots of cheer flowed at the last 9 hour special and we want you all to be safe after :lol:

m

WHY THANKYOU MARIA O...LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING YOU AGAIN AND THOSE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK SAM & DAVE & ARTHUR :thumbsup:

I finally joined the NHS and they caught me out in the medical (I'd stopped taking my meds and the lung capacity proved low). Hopefully the new puffer will prove an energy boost for the evening, else we can both stand in a corner and pant when we hear a song we like :D

as for the music....

This means that if Dave can send me his playlist after Saturday, I'll only have 7 hours of music left to type out (Sam and Arthur always make me work for it) :lol:

m

ps. Ady Pountain has also reserved a sales table. Please let Karen or myself know if any more wish to reserve sales space, as we reorganise all the furniture upon arrival and I want to make sure that vinyl related matters are well looked after wink.gif

Can't make it until about 8pm for this one, any chance of saving all the good stuff until then please so we don't miss owt :lol::lol: , only joking cos they'll all be good tunes and wish we could make it from the start.

See you all about 8 for another cracker at 'The Tavern'.

Paul & Sue thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Source Advert