Kings Go Forth On Ebay

....It went for £56.69, i was £6.69 out - not a bad guess!

Ste. :thumbup:

Pretty surprised that so many people bid on this - guess they didn't know that a 500 count box was recently found, all issue copies, stone mint and unplayed?

- honky

Social source share

• Replies 108
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest FlavorDav

Why someone should be allowed to be the only one playing it only because he was the first to receive it is way beyond me though.

I missed whatever post claimed--or at least implied--this. I know when, where and by whom the test pressing was first spun out, I've heard that a couple of DJs (London, Malmoe) have subsequently spun dub plates using the online mp3 as a source, but I think I can guarantee that I played out the first actual release copy, straight out of the box the entire production run arrived in. This mean I've staked my claim to it then? Or ...? Let me know. Injunctions may need to be filed, and in a timely fashion. Thanks ...

Edited by FlavorDav
Social source share

I missed whatever post claimed--or at least implied--this. I know when, where and by whom the test pressing was first spun out, I've heard that a couple of DJs (London, Malmoe) have subsequently spun dub plates using the online mp3 as a source, but I think I can guarantee that I played out the first actual release copy, straight out of the box the entire production run arrived in. This mean I've staked my claim to it then? Or ...? Let me know. Injunctions may need to be filed, and in a timely fashion. Thanks ...

what utter sh**e you speak

how do you know if other djs played it from a genine acetate or tape cut acetate.

wise up!

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Pretty surprised that so many people bid on this - guess they didn't know that a 500 count box was recently found, all issue copies, stone mint and unplayed?

- honky

Your humor is sweet and dry, my good man :rolleyes:

Social source share

how do you know if other djs played it from a genine acetate or tape cut acetate.

wise up!

I'm assuming cos Dave is close friends with the band, and probably had the first opportunity to play it out.

Edited by Greg Belson
Social source share

Guest Simon

I see there's another one now on ebay, just over a day to go but only so far up to 7 quid!

Advertiising spiel is being used such as:

Only 500 produced and these sold out within a week of its release. Get yourself one of these limited edition in-demand records

Described on the popular soul forum 'Soul Source' as:

"Funky soulful Dance record"

"Certainly a great dance track, very Funky!"

Simon :lol:

Social source share

Thats exactly why 80% that was played at the Mecca belongs in the bin.

:D .I assume you mean late on,in the post apocalyptic Levine disco era?

Anyway i'm off now to play KGF 4 times in a row :thumbup: .

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Guest soulkitchen

wise up!

Cos Dave lives in Milwaukee and is mates with Andy and the rest of the band. Being the very first to play this out means f*** all - Dave knows this and is taking the piss accordingly.

Got to say, some of the feedback on this record has been utterly OTT ridiculous - the negative stuff that is. Especially on other message boards.

Personally, I think it's fantastic - especially "You're The One" and the ballad they haven't released yet, but is on their Myspace page. Takes a lot of work to produce something like that - great effort.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert