• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

there are actually vinyl issues and demos..Ive had one

but also had a styrene copy too

the boot label is poor quality smudgy print but the pits are well visible

the type set /font is not crisp and clear..compare it to another abc wd and see what I mean about the clarity

gasher

Edited by GASHER
Social source share

I have seen the 77 lookalike boot sell for £175 last year, it is a very rare bootleg but i reckon it sells to go in playboxes as an original wink.gif , once it,s spinning at 45 rpm it is probably hard to tell the difference :unsure:

The 2 X's on some of the copys was put there to make it look like a kosher radio station copy, a common ploy in this game :shhh:

Ian.

Social source share

What if they kept it in the boot & re-issue box instead of the big money box where everybody looks, I guess that would be okay? People collect music in all formats, some actually have a fascination for the fakes & forgeries side of things!

Have to say that I have both the original and the bootleg and I have played it in every set I've ever done I think - but I've never taken the original out of the house!

Social source share

Boot!

Sorry to widen the debate on this but Pete's copy is the West coast, monarchs press, styrene demo (original). The east coast vinyl demo 'bootlegs' have pitted vinyl marks in the run out grooves but the clean vinyl ones are Kosher! The print content is not the same either.

I sent a vinyl copy to JM about 18 months ago which fetched £660 in his auction. I bought it from a very reputable individual prior to this so am %99.9 sure of its authenticity as was JM.

There is now an 'original' vinyl copy for sale on eBay https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=018 which looks remarkably like Okehdokeys copy!

Comments please - regards Al

Social source share

Hi Al, just had a look at that one & the label format is the same as mine, the print does look a little darker than mine though which is consistant with Petes diagnosis!

Best, Paul.

Paul,

I am a printer by trade (of 32 years) and just because the print is darker doesn't mean its not kosher. The paper on a styrene press and the paper on a vinyl press are totally different giving a much sharper image than that of vinyl. I would also argue that most styrene press printing is done in the Letterpress process style and vinyl mould labels are done by a mixture of letterpress and lithography processes. Letterpress printing tends to leave a slight embossment (due to Lead type) on the paper and look sharper where as Litho printing is transferred by plate and is prone to smudging. Dont forget that labels would be printed in the vicinity of the pressing plant. They would not print labels on the West Coast and send them to the east coast as it is economically unviable.

regards - Al :thumbsup:

Social source share

You'll be able to get a boot of it off Ebay, it was pressed about 4 years back and there are hundreds about. The 1977 boot is quite tough but still only worth 30 quid.

hi pete, if my memory serves me i thought that the lookalike boots were around in about late 72'

done by simon sousan at a slightly extra cost to be so close to an original!!

max..

Social source share

hi pete, if my memory serves me i thought that the lookalike boots were around in about late 72'

done by simon sousan at a slightly extra cost to be so close to an original!!

max..

Max, I'll buy you a pint if I'm wrong but they were done in 77 - Eddie Regan was done at the same week and they both appeared in limited quantities. The source was an ex Wigan dj.

Social source share

Max, I'll buy you a pint if I'm wrong but they were done in 77 - Eddie Regan was done at the same week and they both appeared in limited quantities. The source was an ex Wigan dj.

Yes,I thats how I got my copy, off a well known Dj, I think it was £2,and dont tell where you had it from.

Kev :D

Ps,I thought it was 76,but hey its a long time ago :thumbsup:

Edited by good angel
Social source share

Source Advert