Little Green Men

Who's watching us!!!

I sometimes wonder who all the "Guests" are visiting the SS and what they think of us all.

Could they be aliens from another planet studying earths various leisure activities.

Could they be fashion designers trying to sus out what trends to resurrect, god I hope not, I ain't wearing those tank tops ever again, not even in the name of FASHION

Could they be the record company dudes looking to see what type of music to re-release as covers by some 5 min wonder boy band.

Or

Could they just be normal human beings needing a good laugh, thinking "should these people be allowed into the real world amongst ordinary people!!

I like to think it's the Aliens and on a planet somewhere in another solar system little green men are listening to NS doing spins and backdrops.

What do you think?? tongue.gif

Social source share

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Who's watching us!!!

I sometimes wonder who all the "Guests" are visiting the SS and what they think of us all.

Could they be aliens from another planet studying earths various leisure activities.

Could they be fashion designers trying to sus out what trends to resurrect, god I hope not, I ain't wearing those tank tops ever again, not even in the name of FASHION

Could they be the record company dudes looking to see what type of music to re-release as covers by some 5 min wonder boy band.

Or

Could they just be normal human beings needing a good laugh, thinking "should these people be allowed into the real world amongst ordinary people!!

I like to think it's the Aliens and on a planet somewhere in another solar system little green men are listening to NS doing spins and backdrops.

link

It may be people who are interested in the whole thing but can't be bothered to post. I regularly read the funk 45 forum but wouldn't dream of joining because it's ultra cliquey (if that'a word) and most of them seem to be twats.

Godz

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

There are as many guests as members sometimes. I can be out at a nighter and will meet people and when they hear my name they ask if I am the same Shane as on soul source. I ask there name with the expectance of knowing their 'cyber name' too but on many occassions they are not even members. Lots of people are happy 'lurking'. I lurk on RSF regular but never feel the need to contribute as I know nothing about 'matrix numbers' tongue.gif (or crossover tongue.gif ) (or northern Europe laugh.gif )

Shane

Social source share

There are as many guests as members sometimes. I can be out at a nighter and will meet people and when they hear my name they ask if I am the same Shane as on soul source. I ask there name with the expectance of knowing their 'cyber name' too but on many occassions they are not even members. Lots of people are happy 'lurking'. I lurk on RSF regular but never feel the need to contribute as I know nothing about 'matrix numbers'  tongue.gif   (or crossover  tongue.gif ) (or northern Europe  laugh.gif )

Shane

link

Are you allowed to lurk on RSF? I would like to join but daren't as I don't know enough to contribute but would enjoy reading the stuff and learning.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Are you allowed to lurk on RSF? I would like to join but daren't as I don't know enough to contribute but would enjoy reading the stuff and learning.

link

well I tell a lie. I am member but never contribute. I dont know the correct term for that. I am sure they will let you join Karen, they let Janine on there so their standards are not that high tongue.gif

Shane

Social source share

Guest rachel

I used to 'lurk' on here for a while, some people like to until they get a feel for a forum. Like Chrissie am sometimes curious who the guests are though.. maybe some are members who just can't be bothered to log in!

Social source share

well I tell a lie. I am member but never contribute. I dont know the correct term for that. I am sure they will let you join Karen, they let Janine on there so their standards are not that high  tongue.gif

Shane

link

Yeah but don't you have to get "a scene member of some standing" or something like that to say that you are a righteous person and worthy of becoming a member? tongue.gif

That's me fcuked right from the start then laugh.gif

Godz

Social source share

Guest rachel

Yeah but don't you have to get "a scene member of some standing" or something like that to say that you are  a righteous person and worthy of becoming a member? tongue.gif

That's me fcuked right from the start then laugh.gif

Godz

link

For RSF? No, you have to email one of the moderators, ask to join and send an intro. I only post occasionally but read it most days - huge amount of info/ knowledge on there tongue.gif

Social source share

For RSF? No, you have to email one of the moderators, ask to join and send an intro. I only post occasionally but read it most days - huge amount of info/ knowledge on there  tongue.gif

link

Sorry - must have been getting it mixed up with one of the old Levine ones - no insult intended.

However if my intro said "Born in the Cretaceous period, first film appearance 1954, seen as a cypher for the United States use of Atomic Weapons against Japan, main hobies - levelling cities and fighting other improbably large beasts" would they let me in? tongue.gif

Godz

Social source share

Guest rachel

Sorry - must have been getting it mixed up with one of the old Levine ones - no insult intended.

However if my intro said "Born in the Cretaceous period, first film appearance 1954, seen as a cypher for the United States use of Atomic Weapons against Japan, main hobies - levelling cities and fighting other improbably large beasts" would they let me in? tongue.gif

Godz

link

:yes:laugh.gif

Yes I thought you must have been thinking of AN Other list wink.gif

Social source share

Who's watching us!!!

Or

link

maybe all these little green men arnt really men and they are godzillas off spring tongue.gif ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh run for the mountains laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I know Trickster and Etsu are lurkers.

I have seen the voodoo dolls he has made to look like all you rotten swines who took the mickey out of his dance classes. tongue.gif

Do you need an email address to join? I cant remember.

Maybe some people are just popping in to t'interne cafe's cos unlike all you Rockerfella's, they might be like me, and not have a computer at home. So they might also not have an email address either.

Is a shame there was all the agro a year or so ago, where it meant Mike had no choice but to make it a members forum. (People were getting annonymous insults etc. Got very bad for one or two in particular).

Anyone thinking of joining in. Go for it. We might look like we know each other, but often we dont. Its easy to build friendships. ie Bladeforlife. we've never met, but we have had some cracking chats. Generally about horses or slagging the Wendies. And its great when you do go out, and put faces to names. makes the evenings even more fun. tongue.gif

Social source share

I know Trickster and Etsu are lurkers.

I have seen the voodoo dolls he has made to look like all you rotten swines who took the mickey out of his dance classes.  :lol:

Do you need an email address to join? I cant remember.

Maybe some people are just popping in to t'interne cafe's cos unlike all you Rockerfella's, they might be like me, and not have a computer at home. So they might also not have an email address either.

Is a shame there was all the agro a year or so ago, where it meant Mike had no choice but to make it a members forum. (People were getting annonymous insults etc. Got very bad for one or two in particular).

Anyone thinking of joining in. Go for it. We might look like we know each other, but often we dont. Its easy to build friendships. ie Bladeforlife. we've never met, but we have had some cracking chats. Generally about horses or slagging the Wendies. And its great when you do go out, and put faces to names. makes the evenings even more fun.  :shades:

link

I know none of em and if anyone says any different i'll sue!!!!! Got my reputation to keep - honest

Social source share

Although I can't speak for those you have stumbled across the site looking for arse-related material or local darts teams to join, I can speak as a long-time non-professional lurker (I want to keep my amateur status so that I can compete in the lurking Olympics).

Personally I browse this site as it is an amazing resource of knowledge (which I need more of) and its also full of other nonsense that helps me get through the day. I've been collecting for about 6 years and due to abject poverty have a modest collection of both funk & soul but mostly well-known stuff (refuse to pay over £50 for a record) so I've not posted as I just don't feel I can contribute anything useful.

Also, have to disagree about the Funk45 forum - The guys (& gals) that are long-established posters over there have a huge amount of knowledge and most of the bickering has to be taken with tongue firmly in cheek.

Anyway, back to lurking..... :shades:

Social source share

Mrs G is just sharpening her dorsal spines.

I think she may be popping over for a word, Baz :shades:

Godz

link

:lol: time for me to run like the wind me thinks :lol:

Social source share

(refuse to pay over £50 for a record) so I've not posted as I just don't feel I can contribute anything useful.

link

Nothing wrong with that, most of my favorit records are cheap.. There is quite oftern threads on here Cheap oldies.. 70's etc.. (cheap I mean £10-15) so come on in.. :shades:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

However if my intro said "Born in the Cretaceous period, first film appearance 1954, seen as a cypher for the United States use of Atomic Weapons against Japan, main hobies - levelling cities and fighting other improbably large beasts" would they let me in? :shades:

Godz

link

I initially thought so as Dave Frynn is a moderator and as he now lives in Tokyo he would surely do nothing to displease a locally based fire breathing protosaurus? However, I understand that he is working for Dr Demonicus and he says that Mothra reckons that "You are not all that" and Gigantis has been going around every pub telling anyone who will listen that "You are a big girl's blouse and if he had a bird she could have you any time". :lol:

Edited by Stuart T
Social source share

I initially thought so as Dave Frynn is a moderator and as he now lives in Tokyo he would surely do nothing to displease a locally based fire breathing protosaurus?  However, I understand that he is working for Dr Demonicus and he says that Mothra reckons that "You are not all that" and Gigantis has been going around every pub telling anyone who will listen that "You are a big girl's blouse and if he had a bird she could have you any time".  :shades:

link

Who are you calling Proto?

Godz

Social source share

Yeah but don't you have to get "a scene member of some standing" or something like that to say that you are  a righteous person and worthy of becoming a member? :lol:

That's me fcuked right from the start then :lol:

Godz

link

Nope not at all....simply go to the forum, register, you are asked for an intro about yourself and then you are let loose :P:shades:

Social source share

I initially thought so as Dave Frynn is a moderator and as he now lives in Tokyo he would surely do nothing to displease a locally based fire breathing protosaurus?  However, I understand that he is working for Dr Demonicus and he says that Mothra reckons that "You are not all that" and Gigantis has been going around every pub telling anyone who will listen that "You are a big girl's blouse and if he had a bird she could have you any time".  :lol:

link

Watch the films, Stu - I always win :lol:

Seriously, though, I spend enough time time on here as it is - although it will be a bit less as of next week as I've got the OK to go back to work from my GP.

Thing is, I like it on here because it's informative AND fun - not too much like going back to school :P

mind you, that arse thread got on my nerves a bit - I expect a higher level of wit out of you lot :shades:

Godz

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Watch the films, Stu - I always win :lol:

Seriously, though, I spend enough time time on here as it is - although it will be a bit less as of next week as I've got the OK to go back to work from my GP.

Thing is, I like it on here because it's informative AND fun - not too much like going back to school :lol:

mind you, that arse thread got on my nerves a bit - I expect a higher level of wit out of you lot :shades:

Godz

link

I'm not saying whether you would or wouldn't mate, its just them that are saying that you "only give it the big one on the telly". They reckon either Mecha Godzilla or Milkman Godzilla is Godzuke's dad as well. Thats fighting talk on my manor.

is that arse thread worth reading? I haven't bothered so far.

Social source share

Guest 71TRSC

Shouldnt your correct title be Gojira? Godzilla being the translation from Japanese? You can crush as many cities as you like as I still havent forgiven them for the Burma railway

Social source share

Although I can't speak for those you have stumbled across the site looking for arse-related material or local darts teams to join, I can speak as a long-time non-professional lurker (I want to keep my amateur status so that I can compete in the lurking Olympics).

Personally I browse this site as it is an amazing resource of knowledge (which I need more of) and its also full of other nonsense that helps me get through the day.  I've been collecting for about 6 years and due to abject poverty have a modest collection of both funk & soul but mostly well-known stuff (refuse to pay over £50 for a record) so I've not posted as I just don't feel I can contribute anything useful.

Also, have to disagree about the Funk45 forum - The guys (& gals) that are long-established posters over there have a huge amount of knowledge and most of the bickering has to be taken with tongue firmly in cheek.

Anyway, back to lurking.....  :shades:

link

DOn't know nothin bout funk forum as a bit old for all that stuff and know very little about the NS scene now as returning from the depths of the 70s but certainly learning a lot from these guys.

Started collecting again this year but have never paid more than £15 for a record.

The bickering and piss taking is good fun and the peeps are ok really - Have never met any of the lunatics (and wouldn't admit it if I had) apart from one or two who were on my local scene 30 years ago and haven't seem them since (thank god I hear them say).

Read - Learn - Take Part

If you need to know anything about NS/Modern etc this lot will have the answers so you only need to ask.

If I reply with any information it will be a load of bull as I've probably just got back from the pub and I know nuffin.

Some of us come accross as opinionated (well me really) but it's sometimes just to get good banter going - and it works.

lol Ms Handbag oops I mean your loving caring sharing QOF :lol:

Social source share

Shouldnt your correct title be Gojira?  Godzilla being the translation from Japanese?  You can crush as many cities as you like as I still havent forgiven them for the Burma railway

link

Who's the anorak now then - can I hand over the title?

Social source share

I'm one of the lurkers.

Generally it's me taking a quick peek while at work, as the funk/soul obsession

won't allow me to have 8 hours of music free thought.....

If I'm not too tired, I'll throw in a comment when I get home,

but at my post count shows, I can be quite lazy or on e-bay.....

Social source share

Shouldnt your correct title be Gojira?  Godzilla being the translation from Japanese?  You can crush as many cities as you like as I still havent forgiven them for the Burma railway

link

If you'd checked my early posts on this forum you'd know that I sometimes use Gojira. I just keep it simple for the good folk on here :D

Anyway, I've destroyed Tokyo more times than Goldmine pay royalties. What more do you want mate?

Godz

Social source share

Who's watching us!!!

Or

What do you think?? :D

link

I think there is a lot of little green men on the soul scene,wearing false moustache's and carrying little black case's calling themself's agent double 0 :D soul there will be a few at the 100 club this Saturday.

Billy

Social source share

I think there is a lot of little green men on  the soul scene,wearing false moustache's and carrying little black case's calling themself's agent double 0  :D soul there will be a few at the 100 club this Saturday.

Billy

link

Sounds scary - glad not going. Not really but just can't be there. :(:D:D:D

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I'm one of the lurkers.

Generally it's me taking a quick peek while at work, as the funk/soul obsession

won't allow me to have 8 hours of music free thought.....

If I'm not too tired, I'll throw in a comment when I get home,

but at my post count shows, I can be quite lazy or on e-bay.....

link

Likewise.

I lurk while at work and post when I get home if still relevant.

So I'll be lurking tomorrow between 9:30 and 4:30 :D

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert