Ric-Tic Rt-109-X - Edwin Starr - Scott's On Swingers (S.o.s.)

45cellar

• Replies 32
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

never seen a single sided one and won't believe it till i see it too !!

I have the one thats pictured in JM,s rarest of the rare section :lol:

i bet there are more then 50 copies just in the UK now !!! :D

Ian.

Same as my copy, Roger.

Not seen a single sided one though!

:thumbup:

SEan

Thanks Ian, & Thanks Sean.

I have on a couple of occasions seen the Single Sided for sale, but don't know of anyone that owns a copy.

I just wondered if anyone had a copy to compare the Deadwax / Provide Info.

Social source share

Yes, the single-sided copies 100% exist.

As I recall, it was ZTSC stamped, not scratched and the blank side had a plain white label and an audio tone.

Sorry no scan, as I decided to stick with my double-sided copy and didn't go for the single-sided one I was inspecting. Besides, the guy wanted too much (at the time!) for it.

Of course, the question now is which press was used as the radio promo and which one was used for the phone-in competition give-away copies?!

Naturally, this post is made with advance apologies to the Ric-Tic label collectors out there, who didn't know that there were two 109X presses, and therefore now have another label variant that they have to track down in order to complete the run!

:rolleyes:

Social source share

never seen a single sided one and won't believe it till i see it too !!

I have the one thats pictured in JM,s rarest of the rare section :rolleyes:

i bet there are more then 50 copies just in the UK now !!! laugh.gif

Ian.

I don't know what motivated the two derisory comments above, but it certainly was not knowledge

The single sided press I have sitting on my shelves now, next to a double sided press. The labels are the same, but as Dave pointed out the ZTSC matrix is STAMPED in on the single sided press, the flip is blank with 7 turn silent groove also has a unique stamped in XLP matrix..

The 50 only pressed information was supplied to me by from the world's most-informed Edwin Starr collector who has spent his life collecting and researching Edwin Starr.

And yes it's absolutely dog-rare..

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Yes, the single-sided copies 100% exist.

As I recall, it was ZTSC stamped, not scratched and the blank side had a plain white label and an audio tone.

Sorry no scan, as I decided to stick with my double-sided copy and didn't go for the single-sided one I was inspecting. Besides, the guy wanted too much (at the time!) for it.

Of course, the question now is which press was used as the radio promo and which one was used for the phone-in competition give-away copies?!

Naturally, this post is made with advance apologies to the Ric-Tic label collectors out there, who didn't know that there were two 109X presses, and therefore now have another label variant that they have to track down in order to complete the run!

:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for this Information.

Positive confirmation of this single sided records existence thanks to your good self & John Manship.

The fact that I (possibly like many others) bought my Double Sided copy from Soul Bowl, may suggest the intended use.

or ? read on.

Any copies destined for a "Phone in Competition" I would have thought would be scattered among the said competition winners and thus harder to trace.

If in small number (i.e. 50 = Virtually Impossible - Which is situation we are in today)

Pure speculation on my part, but I would think that Soul Bowl may have found the Copies destined for Radio Station use.

• Having said that, how many Radio Stations would be Involved "Promoting Scott Regen"

• Did they simply find the copies left over from the Competition.
  • >>> Scott Regen <<<

Anyone know for sure.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I don't know what motivated the two derisory comments above, but it certainly was not knowledge

The single sided press I have sitting on my shelves now, next to a double sided press. The labels are the same, but as Dave pointed out the ZTSC matrix is STAMPED in on the single sided press, the flip is blank with 7 turn silent groove also has a unique stamped in XLP matrix..

The 50 only pressed information was supplied to me by from the world's most-informed Edwin Starr collector who has spent his life collecting and researching Edwin Starr.

And yes it's absolutely dog-rare..

PS

The flipside has no label, just a bare styrene plateaux

Thanks John

Never thought that this question would or could be answered.

The confirmation of existence and Information relating to this record is Invaluable to collectors.

If anyone has the good fortune to find a copy and has the funds to buy it they now know what to look for (Deadwax etc).

Once again Many Thanks.

How often have we all been looking for something that simply doesn't exist, (The Hardest Thing To Find)

So pleased that we now know that this one does.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

john the copy on e bay ,at present says b side is plain white label.what sort of price?its signed as well...

The Ric Tic 109 info from price guide FIVE is:

STOP HER ON SIGHT (S.O.S.) same: RIC TIC 109 DJ 40.00 NOR

STOP HER ON SIGHT (S.O.S.) I HAVE FAITH IN YOU RIC TIC 109 styrene 20.00 NOR

STOP HER ON SIGHT (S.O.S.) I HAVE FAITH IN YOU RIC TIC 109 vinyl L.A. press 25.00 NOR

SCOTT'S ON SWINGERS blank: RIC TIC 109X DJ less than 50 made 450.00 NOR

SCOTT'S ON SWINGERS same: RIC TIC 109X DJ 350.00 NOR

Social source share

The Ric Tic 109 info from price guide FIVE is:

STOP HER ON SIGHT (S.O.S.) same: RIC TIC 109 DJ 40.00 NOR

STOP HER ON SIGHT (S.O.S.) I HAVE FAITH IN YOU RIC TIC 109 styrene 20.00 NOR

STOP HER ON SIGHT (S.O.S.) I HAVE FAITH IN YOU RIC TIC 109 vinyl L.A. press 25.00 NOR

SCOTT'S ON SWINGERS blank: RIC TIC 109X DJ less than 50 made 450.00 NOR

SCOTT'S ON SWINGERS same: RIC TIC 109X DJ 350.00 NOR

Ive got a "OO soul" WDJ with blank b-side which is a bit of a bummer cos I like the instr. That's got a stamped matrix. I just noticed it wasn't listed in guide #3. Maybe you've updated later editions

ROD

Social source share

Ive got a "OO soul" WDJ with blank b-side which is a bit of a bummer cos I like the instr. That's got a stamped matrix. I just noticed it wasn't listed in guide #3. Maybe you've updated later editions

ROD

Hello Rod

That "AGENT OO-SOUL"

-.(AGENT DOUBLE-O-SOUL)- Single Sided White DEMO is one of the hardest Ric-Tic DEMO's to find.

Here is a >>> LINK to our quest at Hitsville for the Ric-Tic Label Scans <<<

We have a scan now, but it took a long while to get one.

It has the full title, as has this Stock Copy, and also the Canadian Reo Label

Ric-Tic_RT-103a_YL.jpgReo_8871Xa.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

yes thanks, i should have read it a little better especially where it says second issue.

No Problem Carl.

This is the place to discuss all things relating to Original Records.

We regularly piece things together on here, Sharing Knowledge is what this forum is about.

I didn't know for sure that 2 DEMO's existed for this title until confirmed Yesterday.

Social source share

My copy is a single sided WD....

Got to be rare but certainly exists

If only 50 were made, you have a copy, John Manship has.

Could be that the other sightings are the same records at different times so possibly 4.

2 Definite Owners at present for the Single Sided DEMO

I would consider it remarkable if any more turn up.

Social source share

There is a RED 2nd issue of it as well, I think with an instrumental flip.

Ill check Malc Jacksons demo and see which of the two he has Roger, he`s had it for about 30 years or so, ive played it but never checked the flip.

:)

Edited by Guest
Social source share

There is a RED 2nd issue of it as well, I think with an instrumental flip.

Ill check Malc Jacksons demo and see which of the two he has Roger, he`s had it for about 30 years or so, ive played it but never checked the flip.

Thanks Steve.

Completing the Ric-Tic Label DEMO & Stock copy even more Impossible than I ever Imagined.

A lot of collectors have tried though, Including me in my youth.

It's a fantastic Label to collect, even though I may never complete, holds a Special Place in the collection.

Social source share

Lifes too short Roger :(

Are you aware of this listing on Ebay?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330277724151

A little vague on the "and the other side has no writing on the label"....is it blank or just got no autograph?

We really should get out more mate cool.gif

Yes Steve

I may be wrong, I am of the Opinion that "No Writing" may mean no autograph.

I was hoping for a Lottery win last night, might have tried for a Single Sided copy.

As you say "life's too short", everything appeared possible back in the day. :lol:

Now many years later it is apparent just how rare some of these records are, still fun trying to find them though.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Yes Steve

I may be wrong, I am of the Opinion that "No Writing" may mean no autograph.

I was hoping for a Lottery win last night, might have tried for a Single Sided copy.

As you say "life's too short", everything appeared possible back in the day. :)

Now many years later it is apparent just how rare some of these records are, still fun trying to find them though.

the one on e bay just sold for 186£ 4numbers might have got you it...

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

post-12286-1225407717.jpg

post-12286-1225407737.jpg

Thanks for these scans Richard. The RAREST Format.

I have one of these, rather worn but plays OK, just found in a box I had. So there's one more for the count. Thanks for pointing this out, I just would have put it back in the box and not even look at it for a year. Guaranteed original. I will offer it for sale soon.

- George

Social source share

I have one of these, rather worn but plays OK, just found in a box I had. So there's one more for the count. Thanks for pointing this out, I just would have put it back in the box and not even look at it for a year. Guaranteed original. I will offer it for sale soon.

- George

Hi George

Thanks for letting us know another exists, still Extremely Rare.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert