Soul Essence 27 - April 17,18,19. 2009

Guest Gavin Page

Guest Gavin Page

We have just had a last minute cancelation, so we have a double free.

Please call Cosby on 01525 375404 if anybody would like to stay on site.

Not long now kids :thumbsup:

• Replies 284
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

We have just had a last minute cancelation, so we have a double free.

Please call Cosby on 01525 375404 if anybody would like to stay on site.

Not long now kids :D

who was it? :lol:

378 hours til playtime :D

Troop;

Not long now, Cosby cant sleep, keeps seeing himself counting money and not having enough. He's managed to get Freddie Lee "Oh how I love you" extended to 59 minutes so were in for a treat when he goes on,If anyone spots Cosby loitering anywhere near the bar dont look at him if you do you will hear his famous "Go on then I'll have one with you". Gavins desperately trying to put some weight on so he come into the lounge,(WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT ASK HIM ABOUT HIS LITTLE ADVENTURE RE THE SCALES AND LOOKING LIKE A COALMAN) funniest thing Iv heard in ages, Plumby is having his usual weekend away at a health spa having a face peel, Iv heard he's sponsored by nivea, dont know how true that is, Fraser has already booked his interpreteur so he can speak to the rest of us. Andy Dyson has now got permission from his shrink to come out and play but only if he takes his medication.Since I cant over indulge with the alcohol this time out Iv arranged for the beer to be watered down 50/50, that way I can satisfy my required water quota and gently reintroduce my body as to the wonders of alcohol!!!Looking forward to standing next to Mike Charlton at breakfast time, seeing how rough he looks will make anyone feel better, it does me wonders. Jacko's coming too on the Saturday, wonder if his hair still looks like a burst mattress, havnt seen him for so long, I might not recognise him.The Milton Keynes posse led by Auntie Claire will be there........god help us. Sam's sweating, his latest 5 million pound 45 hasnt arrived as yet, securicor are being lambasted as I type.

I could go on, just get your arses there safely and party.

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMUTH

Gouch

Guest Gavin Page

Two weeks to go.......All together now...............

"Do I love you......

Do I love you......

Do I love you......

Indeed I do".

:P:D:shades:

:lol::lol:

Guest Gavin Page

Troop;

Not long now, Cosby cant sleep, keeps seeing himself counting money and not having enough. He's managed to get Freddie Lee "Oh how I love you" extended to 59 minutes so were in for a treat when he goes on,If anyone spots Cosby loitering anywhere near the bar dont look at him if you do you will hear his famous "Go on then I'll have one with you". Gavins desperately trying to put some weight on so he come into the lounge,(WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT ASK HIM ABOUT HIS LITTLE ADVENTURE RE THE SCALES AND LOOKING LIKE A COALMAN) funniest thing Iv heard in ages, Plumby is having his usual weekend away at a health spa having a face peel, Iv heard he's sponsored by nivea, dont know how true that is, Fraser has already booked his interpreteur so he can speak to the rest of us. Andy Dyson has now got permission from his shrink to come out and play but only if he takes his medication.Since I cant over indulge with the alcohol this time out Iv arranged for the beer to be watered down 50/50, that way I can satisfy my required water quota and gently reintroduce my body as to the wonders of alcohol!!!Looking forward to standing next to Mike Charlton at breakfast time, seeing how rough he looks will make anyone feel better, it does me wonders. Jacko's coming too on the Saturday, wonder if his hair still looks like a burst mattress, havnt seen him for so long, I might not recognise him.The Milton Keynes posse led by Auntie Claire will be there........god help us. Sam's sweating, his latest 5 million pound 45 hasnt arrived as yet, securicor are being lambasted as I type.

I could go on, just get your arses there safely and party.

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMUTH

Gouch

Very good :shades:

Guest mark shepherd

How good has the record bar been at this event in times past

better still how good is it likely to be this time around..........sellers ?

shep

How good has the record bar been at this event in times past

better still how good is it likely to be this time around..........sellers ?

shep

I think your find something to spend ya money on Shep.Found many a good tune in the record bar :thumbsup:

Mind you i`m gonna be a good boy this year wicked.gif

Guest Gavin Page

Shep

The volt is always full of good bit's.

This year will be no different :D

Edited by Gavin Page
Guest mark shepherd

Shep

The volt is always full of good bit's.

This year will be no different :D

i look forward to it.....

just got vibrations- shake it up

which i seem to remenber you saying you had one and i didnt nah nah na nah nah :wicked:

Guest D'Arcy

Gav, whats the chance of getting the landlord to get some pint bottles of real ale in for the weekend?? A couple of thousand should suffice :lol::thumbup:

240 hours til playtime!

Actually can we postpone things for a few more weeks?

I've had my hair cut way too short and I look like one of them ladies that likes ladies... along with fighting an urge to buy some dungarees - I'm looking for a remedy to make my hair grow :thumbup:

If I don't find owt, I suppose I'll just have to imbibe some remedies to make me not care :thumbup::thumbsup:

240 hours til playtime!

I've had my hair cut way too short and I look like one of them ladies that likes ladies... along with fighting an urge to buy some dungarees - I'm looking for a remedy to make my hair grow :thumbup:

If I don't find owt, I suppose I'll just have to imbibe some remedies to make me not care :thumbup::thumbsup:

There's only one thing for it Kirsty (aside from asking for a refund) - a Cleopatra wig..... laugh.gif

short_wigATP192l.jpg

Edited by Steve G
Guest Adam G

Gav, whats the chance of getting the landlord to get some pint bottles of real ale in for the weekend?? A couple of thousand should suffice :lol::ohmy:

I agree mate some nice Theakstons old peculiar or XB bitter would go down nicley . For a lighter scoop I have also requested they get crates of Rolling Rock pale ale refreshing almost soft drink .

This is a genuine request Gav get on the blower and order them !

and Kirsty my hairs too short as well !

I agree mate some nice Theakstons old peculiar or XB bitter would go down nicley . For a lighter scoop I have also requested they get crates of Rolling Rock pale ale refreshing almost soft drink .

This is a genuine request Gav get on the blower and order them !

and Kirsty my hairs too short as well !

....and have they got Becks Vier on tap for us 'larger' drinkers? :ohmy:

Guest Kate B

Gonna be hangin in t'deep room with my notebook and pencil - hope all the usual suspects from north and south of the border are going to be in attendance. Have to back Adam up with a request for some real ale - though old peculiar is too strong for a light-weight like me.

Kate's other half.

Guest D'Arcy

240 hours til playtime!

I've had my hair cut way too short and I look like one of them ladies that likes ladies... along with fighting an urge to buy some dungarees - I'm looking for a remedy to make my hair grow :boxing:

If I don't find owt, I suppose I'll just have to imbibe some remedies to make me not care :thumbup:whistling.gif

Kirsty. if you wear big knickers a la Bridget Jones, no one will see your haircut. :yes::lol:

Guest D'Arcy

Talking to the Hotel about Beer this week as requested biggrin.gif

Great stuff Gavin. Just thought that it would be easier for the Hotel to serve, rather than piss about with draught real ale.

Most vinters to mixed crates of either pint or half Ltr bottles.

A straw poll of real ale drinkers might help the Landlord with his supplies. I reckon 25 bottles per real ale drinker for the weekend should be ok.

Anyone else want real ale??

Guest Kate B

Don't worry Mick its too strong for him too unsure.gif

Mike

Lofty - looking forward to seeing all you Boro boys in the lounge. 'Orwell' to start up again at the Bury Town Hall Northern nighters.

Mick

Gav, whats the chance of getting the landlord to get some pint bottles of real ale in for the weekend?? A couple of thousand should suffice :Dthumbsup.gif

Good Call D`Arcy thumbup.gif ...Gav see if landlord will get some Bishop finger or spitfire.It would go in conjunction with St Georges day a week or so later :(

Good Call D`Arcy :thumbsup: ...Gav see if landlord will get some Bishop finger or spitfire.It would go in conjunction with St Georges day a week or so later :g:

All this talk of various ales we'll be quaffing - this time next week who knows what state we'll be in -

:(:D:yes::thumbup::(boxing.gif:no:sleep3.gif:no::lol::yes: Not necessarily in this order :g:

Pat

Guest taffy

Double room available for friday and saturday night at marine lodge if anyone needs it.We have booked this room for someone who can't make it now.Please let me know by 10am tomorrow morning as won't be online after that and will be cancelling the room on tuesday morning.

Guest D'Arcy

Hi all, Ester Casado (Madrid) has put a request on Facebook for a lift from Stanstead on Friday evening to Yarmouth. If anyone could help her out. I'm sure that she would be very gratefull.

Here is her post.

Hi friends:

National trains are really boring and it takes us a long journey to reach GY. This year the Spanish expedition are only two mates: Jadd and I.

We are arrival to Standsted at 6.35pm on Friday April 17th. Do you know if someone is driving to Essence from that area, to give us a lift?

On Sunday, Jadd is flying back to Spain from Stansted and Â'm going to London. Just in case someone is insterested in sharing expenses.

Best and see you soon,

Ester

If anyone could help out, please PM me and I'll forward it on to her.

Thanks for your help.

D'Arcy

Can anyone travelling up later on Friday help Ester out at all?

Guest Gavin Page

Pat is already speaking coded "jibberish" and talking in "tongues", and it isn't Friday yet! wink.gif Heaven help us all!!! :unsure:

Thought we would be used to him after all these years :lol:

Plumby is having his usual weekend away at a health spa having a face peel, Iv heard he's sponsored by nivea, dont know how true that is, YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMUTH

Gouch

Aye Gouch I've just been away for the weekend in preparation for Yarmouth..................instead of a health spa though, this year I went to Dublin..............so have been bathing in the black stuff and me face currently looks like a withered old prune :D:lol::lol:

Really looking forward to seeing you fella thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Nivea Boy

The £1 box WILL be out in force again thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

You told me they were £2 last year on which Fraser and I refused to participate due to our Northern roots and dislike of inflation!! :D

Finally starting to get into Essence look forward mode, allthough I fully intend to use my hotel for more than 10 minutes this year, I may even go before the end on Friday to ensure I am first in bed this time!

And remind me its North not South the direction I go home this year!!

Edited by jocko

You told me they were £2 last year on which Fraser and I refused to participate due to our Northern roots and dislike of inflation!! biggrin.gif

Finally starting to get into Essence look forward mode, allthough I fully intend to use my hotel for more than 10 minutes this year, I may even go before the end on Friday to ensure I am first in bed this time!

And remind me its North not South the direction I go home this year!!

Is Fraser coming down with you?

You told me they were £2 last year on which Fraser and I refused to participate due to our Northern roots and dislike of inflation!! :)

Hi Jock

Yes, after much criticism (from our brethern north of the border, it has to be said), the vain and futile attempt at trying to double the price of the £1 box (after 15 years) failed miserably :lol:

It WILL be a recession proof £1 again this year with hundreds of new titles in there :lol:

..................in fact I've another 'credit crunch busting' idea that I'm sure you and Fraser will approve of this year BUT you'll have to wait til the weekend :D

See you and the big fella at the bar or in the snug thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

Guest Gavin Page

No I think Fraser drives down, part of his endurance test for the weekend :rolleyes: I think a few of them drive down from the West Coast.

No Brighton this year love ?

Source Advert