My Favourite Topic On Soul Source

Guest SteveJohnston

Guest SteveJohnston

I was not sure where to post this topic but seeing as it's about topics posted on Soul Source it's on here !

Mod's soz if you have to move it!

With the uncertain times we are living in I would just like to post this now as you never know I may not have accesses to a PC tomorrow!

I would just like to say there have been some amazing topics and posts over the last twelve months especially Steve Lane's topic started on Oct 26 07 so informative and one I have followed up to his last Bump Keep on bumping mate!, not all topics have been to my tastes but interesting reading all the same. One topic that really was my favourite was started on Aug 28 08, 10:51 PM by Russ Vickers, His Post Stafford Classics The New Top 500 was just amazing it really should be put into print in a soul magazine for all to see.

Thanks to all Topic starters and posters alike it's been a good year for reading about all things Soulfull!

Steve J

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest in town Mikey

My fave was the one where guys posted up Stafford tracks. So many great tunes on there I spent hours clicking on them. Many I didnt know, such was the turnover of sounds.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Actually. One of the most interesting threads was reading stories from guys who had travelled over to the States on record hunting trips.

Some funny, eye opening, and downright dangerous stories on there.

Dan should get these guys to put their stuff down in print. It would IMO be the best northern Soul book on the market.

Social source share

So many great threads this year, enjoyed the Levine thread that went on and on.......... Can't be bothered by the poitics myself but love to read the opinions of others (and how heated it can get).

Stafford tunes was blinding and have loved every post in the Deep/sweet, crossover Fridays and Sixties Soul Sundays.

Long live Soulsource!!! :thumbsup:

gary

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Best topic by far was "Have you ever had any cheese related injuries" by Me.

Sorry Pete. It didnt come close to the one about a dressing gown and a pair of slippers, by um......you. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorry Pete. It didnt come close to the one about a dressing gown and a pair of slippers, by um......you. :thumbsup:

True, that was the best thread of all time, but it was about 3 years ago now and the cheese one was this year, I still have the scars from that pesky red leicester

Social source share

Actually. One of the most interesting threads was reading stories from guys who had travelled over to the States on record hunting trips.

Dan should get these guys to put their stuff down in print. It would IMO be the best northern Soul book on the market.

Yeah, that WAS a good one!!!

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

No Pete your hair today gone tomorrow thread in freebasing is pretty good :thumbsup:

Suz :D

x

:lol:

My favourite was the one in the 'yesterdays' section about people going to Wigan, was very entertaining reading-often laughing out loud at some of the ways soul sourcers managed to get there & back, one story that springs to mind is the one where two guys shared one shoe on the long walk home! :yes:

Social source share

:lol:

My favourite was the one in the 'yesterdays' section about people going to Wigan, was very entertaining reading-often laughing out loud at some of the ways soul sourcers managed to get there & back, one story that springs to mind is the one where two guys shared one shoe on the long walk home! :yes:

Class :thumbsup:

Suz

x

Social source share

No Pete your hair today gone tomorrow thread in freebasing is pretty good :shades:

Suz :thumbsup:

x

Yeah but the dressing gown-death row-prison-missing records thread was a beauty, and the one when I broke down on the motorway-sprained my ankle-didn't get my pizza-shrunk my shoes all on the same day was also funny. Very funny. Not at the time though :thumbsup:

p.s. I shaved all my hair off again at the weekend

Social source share

Yeah but the dressing gown-death row-prison-missing records thread was a beauty, and the one when I broke down on the motorway-sprained my ankle-didn't get my pizza-shrunk my shoes all on the same day was also funny. Very funny. Not at the time though :shades:

Thought the one where you got mistaken for a rubbish tip worker was quite funny Pete :thumbsup:

Thought the Soulful House thread a couple of days ago was funny too even though I tried my best to keep out of it for a change.

Best threads though are in the backroom & only us mods can see e'm :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Agreed, very intresting topic, some great tales on that one :shades:

Social source share

Yeah but the dressing gown-death row-prison-missing records thread was a beauty, and the one when I broke down on the motorway-sprained my ankle-didn't get my pizza-shrunk my shoes all on the same day was also funny. Very funny. Not at the time though :shades:

Well keep on with em Pete cos you cheer us up :thumbsup: You probs look better with your hair shaved anyway.

Suz

x

Social source share

Thought the one where you got mistaken for a rubbish tip worker was quite funny Pete :thumbsup:

Thought the Soulful House thread a couple of days ago was funny too even though I tried my best to keep out of it for a change.

Best threads though are in the backroom & only us mods can see e'm :thumbsup::shades:

Yeah I forgot about that, I was down the tip chucking some stuff away and I'd got some designer gear on, can't remember what it was now, shirt/jumper/jeans anyway it was a couple of hundred quids worth of clothes and a bloke using the tip came up to me and said "you do work here don't you" :thumbsup: hence Steve S calling me 'the binman' for a while

Social source share

My fave was the one where guys posted up Stafford tracks. So many great tunes on there I spent hours clicking on them. Many I didnt know, such was the turnover of sounds.

Can anyone put a link up to the above mentioned Stafford topic, I have searched for it without any luck.

tia Bob

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Can anyone put a link up to the above mentioned Stafford topic, I have searched for it without any luck.

tia Bob

Here you go hope you have some time on your hands!

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Staffor...Stafford+tracks.

When you have finished take a look at this!

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Post-St...afford+Classics

See you in the new year :D

Steve J

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert