Attic -saturday, Jan 3rd

KevH

Hi.January 3rd 2009 (!) at THE ATTIC we've got TED MASSEY guesting. yes.gif

All round top guy collector/dj,don't miss out on this one.Ted doesn't dj out this way much,i think the last time in Mansfield was probably Discoworld on Newgate Lane ohmy.gif .

What to expect????. Well,,,,,,if you're easily offended by quality sounds and need "run of the mill oldies", this nite may not be for you. biggrin.gif

7.30 -12.30ish (bar till 12.00)....£3.00 to get in.

Sat Nav - NG18 2BQ

Have a great Christmas,see you in the New Year........Kev. thumbsup.gif

Edited by KevH
  • Replies 102
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's been far too long since we've been up Mansfield way and as it may well be our last outing for a while where better to spend it ... so be expecting a small entourage from this neck of the woods ... might have a couple of stragglers in tow as well whistling.gif

wishing the Attic crew a great festive season ... see ya in the new year thumbsup.gif

Edited by MickD

It's been far too long since we've been up Mansfield way and as it may well be our last outing for a while where better to spend it ... so be expecting a small entourage from this neck of the woods ... might have a couple of stragglers in tow as well :(

wishing the Attic crew a great festive season ... see ya in the new year :(

Promise you first drink on me Mick, be so good to see you.

This could be a GREAT night, not just good but GREAT. As ever with these nights it's the people who come along that make the night as much as the guest. There's a real strong buzz about Ted Massey in this small upstairs room club. I'm expecting a good turn out of Attic regulars and Ted should bring some others out of the woodwork. Come and hear what he plays in person, listen to the music you love.

If by the time we get to 3rd Jan you're ready to put the fake (all dressed up and nowhere to go) new year behind you and celebrate a proper "core" northern soul night for 2009, get your ass in gear and up to The Attic. Be part of a GREAT night.

Kev - Now to keep this thread afloat for 2 week!!!!!!! :D

Promise you first drink on me Mick, be so good to see you.

This could be a GREAT night, not just good but GREAT. As ever with these nights it's the people who come along that make the night as much as the guest. There's a real strong buzz about Ted Massey in this small upstairs room club. I'm expecting a good turn out of Attic regulars and Ted should bring some others out of the woodwork. Come and hear what he plays in person, listen to the music you love.

If by the time we get to 3rd Jan you're ready to put the fake (all dressed up and nowhere to go) new year behind you and celebrate a proper "core" northern soul night for 2009, get your ass in gear and up to The Attic. Be part of a GREAT night.

Kev - Now to keep this thread afloat for 2 week!!!!!!! :lol:

No problem Dean,i can spout rubbish for England!!!.

Be nice to see you MickD and your missus,is Big Bro making the trip?.

The Humbug Club will be meeting at the Attic that nite,recapping on all that's wrong with Christmas and the New Year.Chaired by Mr.S.Lydon. :thumbup: .

The Humbug Club will be meeting at the Attic that nite,recapping on all that's wrong with Christmas and the New Year.Chaired by Mr.S.Lydon. :thumbup: .

I would have thought with the abundance of alcohol normally associated with Christmas Steve L would have been very much looking forward to it :lol:

Hi.January 3rd 2009 (!) at THE ATTIC we've got TED MASSEY guesting. :g:

All round top guy collector/dj,don't miss out on this one.Ted doesn't dj out this way much,i think the last time in Mansfield was probably Discoworld on Newgate Lane ohmy.gif .

What to expect????. Well,,,,,,if you're easily offended by quality sounds and need "run of the mill oldies", this nite may not be for you. :D

7.30 -12.30ish (bar till 12.00)....£3.00 to get in.

Sat Nav - NG18 2BQ

Have a great Christmas,see you in the New Year........Kev. :)

We are looking forward to coming along to 'The ATTIC' in January......

Warm Christmas wishes & A Happy New Year :D

From

Tracey n Andy

Ted's been to the last couple of Attic nights, so he knows the feel of the place. I remember being at the Newgate Lane venue Kev referred to in his opening post when Ted was on, that's a good few years ago now. That was a more dance-hall atmosphere, The Attic offers a much more intimate environment. Going to be really interesting if you're into your soul music to see what Ted Massey decides to put on the turntable on 3rd Jan.

Dean

Be nice to see you MickD and your missus,is Big Bro making the trip?.

The Humbug Club will be meeting at the Attic that nite,recapping on all that's wrong with Christmas and the New Year.Chaired by Mr.S.Lydon. biggrin.gif .

sorry mate but my beloved PUFC are at WBA for a 3rd round FA cup game that date, Posh always comes before my hobbie.

wink.gif festive greeting to the Attic boys, without question some of the nicest blokes you could meet.

Someone by old Ted a beer from me, he must me 58 now... :rolleyes:

sorry mate but my beloved PUFC are at WBA for a 3rd round FA cup game that date, Posh always comes before my hobbie.

:D festive greeting to the Attic boys, without question some of the nicest blokes you could meet.

Someone by old Ted a beer from me, he must me 58 now... :)

Thanks Paul must be catching you up :Plaugh.gif

Sorry cant make this one - down at Warren's 'Boogaloo' spinning a few records. Definately up for your next one though. All the best for Christmas and the New Year to you guys - keep up the good work at the 'Attic'. Cheers, Ray

Sure you'll do a sterling job down in the smoke Ray. thumbsup.gif

Merry Christmas,,,catch up soon.......... :no:

Guest BigPaul

What to expect????. Well,,,,,,if you're easily offended by quality sounds and need "run of the mill oldies", this nite may not be for you. :D

Fookn quality Kev :lol::no::lol:

BTW if you cant talk Bollox, this nite may not be for you :lol::lol::D:lol:

For the undecided, heard Ted play out at Burnley and Holmes Chapel

in the last few months. Absolute Fookn Quality :)

Got a couple of requests meself Ted rolleyes.gif

Fookn quality Kev :D:lol:boxing.gif

BTW if you cant talk Bollox, this nite may not be for you :ohmy::D:D:lol:

For the undecided, heard Ted play out at Burnley and Holmes Chapel

in the last few months. Absolute Fookn Quality :g:

Got a couple of requests meself Ted :thumbsup:

Hope i bring them with me then, really looking forward to it. you can catch a taster at Middleton Carl and Maria's room 1-2

Guys you have a top guest in our Ted he's a resident with us at Goodtimes Soul Club W'ton you won't be disappointed he has some top quality tunes, would have tried to be there myself but otherwise engaged.

Have a cracking night :thumbsup:

HOPING TO MAKE THIS NIGHT THE NEW YEARS 1ST TRIP OUT OF TOWN!!

IN SUPPORT OF OUR "MR MASSEY"

BLUE MAX.. GOOD TIMES SOUL CLUB W'TON

Boxing morning thank you to those people texting about making this Attic night. This could be a great night to launch us into 2009. Ted Massey's appearance seems to be creating a stir. Ted's become an Attic regular over the last few months - I'll take that as a compliment (I'll take 'em whenever or wherever I can) about our own playlists and those of our guests. This is a great small room night for those wanting to hear quality lesser heard northern soul in a sociable atmosphere. We're as much a listenign club as we are a dancing club, some might say chin stroking!

Thanks for the Texts and PMs, see you next Sat night :thumbsup:

Well its Boxing Day nite and i'm full of cold, and on a Lemsip Hallucogenic Trip. :no:

Apart from that time has slowed to a standstill.(Humbug Club will def be meeting,eh Steve?)

But here's the good news...... :D .Just one week to go to THE ATTIC. thumbsup.gif .

I know you probably can't think of food at the moment but.....downstairs at The Black Bull (Attic being upstairs),you can get a meal before heading off upstairs, last food served around 8.30pm.

Dj times tbc..............................

KEV :yes:

Well its Boxing Day nite and i'm full of cold, and on a Lemsip Hallucogenic Trip. :yes:

Apart from that time has slowed to a standstill.(Humbug Club will def be meeting,eh Steve?)

KEV thumbsup.gif

Thank god thats over for another year, Kevs right - the inaugural meeting of the mansfield branch of the humbug club will be taking place prior to next weeks Attic. Everyone welcome, the main topic will be discussing plans for the sabotage of next years festivities and how to return to sanity large swathes of the population who obviously lose their marbles during December each year.

HUMBUG I SAY...................

Well its Boxing Day nite and i'm full of cold, and on a Lemsip Hallucogenic Trip. :no:

But here's the good news...... :no: .Just one week to go to THE ATTIC. thumbsup.gif .

I know you probably can't think of food at the moment but.....downstairs at The Black Bull (Attic being upstairs),you can get a meal before heading off upstairs, last food served around 8.30pm.

Dj times tbc..............................

KEV :yes:

I had a fantastic chicken curry with rice last time I went for £3 :D still can't work out why they put carrots and peas on the fekkin dish.

I had a fantastic chicken curry with rice last time I went for £3 :ohmy: still can't work out why they put carrots and peas on the fekkin dish.

The seasonal speciality is a side dish of brussels Paul,mushy peas optional (ask Ray and Russ :g: ).

It has been said more soulies come for the curry than to listen to me :D .................. :no: .

Edited by KevH

The seasonal speciality is a side dish of brussels Paul,mushy peas optional (ask Ray and Russ :D ).

I has been said more soulies come fro the curry than to listen to me :ohmy: .................. :g: .

not quite true kev i prefer the chili!! lol

hope yourve had a nice xmas, cant make the 3rd but will be at the next one and when i get my licence back(dont ask)

will make the journey up more regular without having to rely on other people :no:

have a great new year lads

russ

Some good nites on NYE, but what better way to start the New Year than we a visit to the Attic.

Don't listen to hearsay,try it for yourself.

7.30 - 12.30,,,,,,,,,C'MON!!!!

dj times.....

7.30 - 8.30.......GARRY :(

8.30 - 9.15.......KEV H. :wicked:

9.15 - 10.00.....DEAN wicked.gif

10.00 - 11.30....TED MASSEY :wicked:

11.30 - THE END...STEVE L. :D

subject of course to change..... :) .

Some good nites on NYE, but what better way to start the New Year than we a visit to the Attic.

Don't listen to hearsay,try it for yourself.

7.30 - 12.30,,,,,,,,,C'MON!!!!

dj times.....

7.30 - 8.30.......GARRY :(

8.30 - 9.15.......KEV H. :wicked:

9.15 - 10.00.....DEAN wicked.gif

10.00 - 11.30....TED MASSEY :wicked:

11.30 - THE END...STEVE L. :D

subject of course to change..... :) .

Hi kev as i write i am not bookd to dj on the 3rd so all being well we are comming down to the attic and bringing Mr & Mrs Whiteley with us on saturday also trying to get a mini bus on with some other mates i have told them about the attic once been never forgoten so have a great new year and see you soon all the best Yocky & Joy.

Guest BigPaul

Caught the Pre-Attic spot from Ted in the Carl and Maria

room at Middleton last Nite :D

Let me tell you people your in for a treat folks smile.gif

Got my requests in :wicked:

Nice fella that he is, didnt seem to perturbed when

i asked for The Snake :):wicked:

Paul

Caught the Pre-Attic spot from Ted in the Carl and Maria

room at Middleton last Nite :yes:

Let me tell you people your in for a treat folks :yes:

Got my requests in :lol:

Nice fella that he is, didnt seem to perturbed when

i asked for The Snake :lol:blush.gif

Paul

our ted's gonna give ya a wake up call!! the man has a collection to die for!!

and a top top guy as well!!

max..

Guest BigPaul

Going to be OK I think Kev.

I'll bare my arse if we get the wrong manager e.g Billy Davis

Tell you what, as a friend, i'll slip round to Kevs n then yours Mak,

with a great big tub of Vick and rub some on both your chests.

Cathy says its OK. Cos im all man :lol:

Please dont bare your arse Mak :P

Were not due a Total Eclipse for a few years yet :P

Plus you'll have all the Anoraks and Chinstrokers reaching

for there telescopes :unsure:

Have a good New Year mate, see you on the 3rd :thumbup:

Dont forget though as Billy Davis once said "I want you to be my Baby" :(

Tell you what, as a friend, i'll slip round to Kevs n then yours Mak,

with a great big tub of Vick and rub some on both your chests.

Cathy says its OK. Cos im all man :thumbup:

Please dont bare your arse Mak wink.gif

Were not due a Total Eclipse for a few years yet :shades:

Plus you'll have all the Anoraks and Chinstrokers reaching

for there telescopes :thumbsup:

Have a good New Year mate, see you on the 3rd :thumbsup:

Dont forget though as Billy Davis once said "I want you to be my Baby" :thumbsup:

Who's Vick?.

Quick reminder to the Chinners amongst us....Don't forget your Matrix Magnifying Glasses (available at all large retail stores near YOU).

Failing that, monocles are allowed,but must NOT be worn in the presence of LADIES.

FLYERS AND SALES BOXES ARE OF COURSE WELCOME. thumbsup.gif .

Guest BigPaul

Who's Vick?.

Quick reminder to the Chinners amongst us....Don't forget your Matrix Magnifying Glasses (available at all large retail stores near YOU).

Failing that, monocles are allowed,but must NOT be worn in the presence of LADIES.

FLYERS AND SALES BOXES ARE OF COURSE WELCOME. :thumbsup: .

Do you reckon a monocle would suit my image Kev? :thumbsup:

Flyers Welcome :thumbsup:

Dont think Douglas Bader would fare to well, when

Ted plays The Divines-I gotta make it, do you laugh.gif

TED MASSEY....10.00 - 11.30. :thumbsup:

£3.00 English pounds to get in.

7.30pm - 12.25am ish.....Bar till 12.00.

Ok,fun lovers.

Just had a quick look for an all-niter on the 3rd Jan.Can't find one.

Usually i try to get folks to come to us, and pull an a/niter in somewhere fairly local (2 hours drive away).

So,looks like you're gonna have to pack all your goodies into one big soul nite bag :D and make a date with us.

First people in get a.............................warm welcome :( .And to hear some stuff that's maybe not played at your usual soul nite.

Kev,,,(friend of Big Daft Paul/Arfur Chinstroke) .BRING BACK ARFUR!!

Postie starting delivering 7" packages after Christmas backlog, 3 nice tunes this morning. Heard from Kev, seems like we'll be setting up Sat am, do you fancy playing a few through over a glass of sherry boys?

Get the sound sorted before the sherry I think tho. Sound has been great the last few months, the feedback issue we had when Jumpin' Joan played has been sorted. Expect some loud and clear quality tunes on Saturday.

Hope your all free of colds and flu - runour is BDP is attending in a nurses outfit :thumbsup:

where is Mansfield?

in relation to Huddersfield would be good wink.gif

and is it safe for a lady to venture out on her own this far....

no promises but I'll see if I can bob along...

Boxing morning thank you to those people texting about making this Attic night. This could be a great night to launch us into 2009. Ted Massey's appearance seems to be creating a stir. Ted's become an Attic regular over the last few months - I'll take that as a compliment (I'll take 'em whenever or wherever I can) about our own playlists and those of our guests. This is a great small room night for those wanting to hear quality lesser heard northern soul in a sociable atmosphere. We're as much a listenign club as we are a dancing club, some might say chin stroking!

Thanks for the Texts and PMs, see you next Sat night :lol:

Looking foward to this one and meeting up with Ted again.....

thumbup.gif Happy New Year Guys :shades:

See ya Saturday

Tracey n Andy

x

where is Mansfield?

in relation to Huddersfield would be good wink.gif

and is it safe for a lady to venture out on her own this far....

no promises but I'll see if I can bob along...

Kirsty...NG18 2BQ............straight down the motorway,Junc 29,into Mansfield..10/15 mins off the Junction.

My mobile if you get lost.....07792730842.

Source Advert