7" Storage Shelving Or Units

steve

Can anybody give details of where I can get shelving or units to hold about 4000 + singles,

Just got them all in boxes all over the place

Looked on the internet and I can't really find anything half suitable

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Steve, I'm a relative new comer to this forum, having been an invisible floater for a few months, i'm now registered and you are my first post ( I'll fetch me trumpet ) i have for some time now been selling custom made record/CD/rabbit boxes ??? If you don't have any joy via the IKEA route drop me an e-mail and i'll see what i can do, all the boxes i've made to date are out of 9mm birch ply, and have lockable catches on the front and lip an hook hinges on the rear, so as yer lid comes completely off, i make them in any combination of lanes that you require, so something like your shelving/storage should be no problem at all.

Cheers.

Kev.

Social source share

Hi Steve, I'm a relative new comer to this forum, having been an invisible floater for a few months, i'm now registered and you are my first post ( I'll fetch me trumpet ) i have for some time now been selling custom made record/CD/rabbit boxes ??? If you don't have any joy via the IKEA route drop me an e-mail and i'll see what i can do, all the boxes i've made to date are out of 9mm birch ply, and have lockable catches on the front and lip an hook hinges on the rear, so as yer lid comes completely off, i make them in any combination of lanes that you require, so something like your shelving/storage should be no problem at all.

Cheers.

Kev.

for 4000 of them i would think you would have to go with shelving though, but i'm sure your boxes would be great for others.

in my experience you have to get bookshelves, it's not like LPs that are much bigger and more awkward than books. you just have to find a bookshelf with the right dimension, either some ikea-level thing or get someone to make a custom shelf.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Defo Ikea,all shelves for 45s,Lps,Cds....Got my shelving from there,so look on line now and take advantage of their sale too...Graham

Social source share

Defo Ikea,all shelves for 45s,Lps,Cds....Got my shelving from there,so look on line now and take advantage of their sale too...Graham

I too got some from Ikea...think they are called the "Billy" range or something like that believe it or not, ideal they are, extra shelves can be bought too so can be set just right for 45's.

Social source share

Can anybody give details of where I can get shelving or units to hold about 4000 + singles,

Just got them all in boxes all over the place

Looked on the internet and I can't really find anything half suitable

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Must thank everyone, I like the look of the Ikea (billy range)

Welcombe to soul source Kev (Locky79)

Thanks again

Steve

Social source share

Just a heads up really, but 4000 45s will take up a lot of wall space. So you may want to shelve them high unless you have the better part of a whole wall or two to dedicate to 45s. I know I was very surprised how much room they all took up when I got mine out of their boxes 18 months ago. To give you some idea, I had to get custom shelves made by a friend who is much more of a handyman than myself. My shelves are over 2m high & I had to get them attached to the wall to stop them falling over too.

Here is what I mean:

IMG_1291.jpg

The shelf on the right has the best part of 4000, the one on left around 2500 45s.

Social source share

Just a heads up really, but 4000 45s will take up a lot of wall space. So you may want to shelve them high unless you have the better part of a whole wall or two to dedicate to 45s. I know I was very surprised how much room they all took up when I got mine out of their boxes 18 months ago. To give you some idea, I had to get custom shelves made by a friend who is much more of a handyman than myself. My shelves are over 2m high & I had to get them attached to the wall to stop them falling over too.

Here is what I mean:

IMG_1291.jpg

The shelf on the right has the best part of 4000, the one on left around 2500 45s.

They look great there together, it's what I'm looking for

Thanks for posting the photo, it give me a great idea of what I want

Steve

Edited by steve
Social source share

Just got back from our local Woolworths in Rotherham & bought some 12" album racking that should hold about 1000 records for £10. Rock solid as well & a steal at the price I paid & loads left.

Well worth having a look but be quick as they shut down for good in the next couple of days.

Social source share

Here is what I mean:

IMG_1291.jpg

God, it doesn't look like much when stacked together like that. Hard to believe that those two stacks represent what, 6500 records.

Makes you wonder eh, how some guys have collected around 40,000 to 60,000 records during their time. I can't even begin to understand how some people have THAT many records, and I've been collecting, on and off, for 40 years!!!

Social source share

God, it doesn't look like much when stacked together like that. Hard to believe that those two stacks represent what, 6500 records.

Makes you wonder eh, how some guys have collected around 40,000 to 60,000 records during their time. I can't even begin to understand how some people have THAT many records, and I've been collecting, on and off, for 40 years!!!

Yeah, for 4000 you'd probably need one free wall to put them on. Getting them out of boxes was the best thing I ever did. 40000-60000 is insane, you'd have to have a free warehouse. I'm pretty sceptical about "non-Moerer/Shively" types who quote those sorts of numbers though since collectors have a definite propensity to over-exaggerate. You gotta take what some of these dudes say at face value if you haven't seen them. I mean, I'm pretty strict at on-selling stuff I don't want anymore, those 40-60k collectors must be hoarding chronically :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert