Orwell Alldayer - Sunday May 29th - Wigan

Posted on behalf of the Orwell team

On Bank Holiday Sunday 29th May we are celebrating the next ALL DAYER at The Orwell, Wigan Pier, Wigan. Here's a flava of what you can expect on the day

SOULFUL FLAVA'S

4PM - 6PM CHRIS CREANE & Friends

Chris & friends will be treating everyone to some Quality Soul Music to start the day off in style. Remember that the Carvery is 4pm-6pm too!

TENT TRIPPIN'

6PM - 9PM BOB COSBY, SOUL SAM, DAVE & JORDI RIPOLLES

To prove you can't have enough of a good thing Bob, Sam & The Brothers Ripolles once again team up to give us a right rollicking Tent Session that nearly took the roof off last time out!

THE MAIN EVENT

9PM - 10PM STEVE PLUMB & BARRY MALEADY

10PM - 11PM BUTCH

11PM - 12 MIDNIGHT BOB COSBY

12 MIDNIGHT - 1AM SOUL SAM

1AM - 2AM STEVE CONNOR & FLANNY

The Main Event kicks off at 9pm with Steve Plumb & Barry Maleady who will set the tone for the evening. The legend that is BUTCH will make his welcome return to The Orwell with tunes that will be second to none. A second set from ex-Orwellian & Yarmouth main man Bob Cosby will be followed by another set from resident DJ SOUL SAM. Finally Steve Connor & Flanny will ensure that everyone will go home happy!

Many Thanks From The Orwell Team - See you there!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

The second Massive ALL DAYER

Bank Holiday SUNDAY 29th MAY 2005

Guest DJ's - BUTCH - SOUL SAM - BOB COSBY - DAVE RIPOLLES - JORDI RIPOLLES - CHRIS CREANE

Resident DJs - BARRY MALEADY - STEVE CONNOR - FLANNY - STEVE PLUMB

10 hours of Supreme Soul Music - Modern, Crossover & Tent Music with a smattering of Northern and a dash of new stuff

4pm-2am Bar until 2am

£8 on door

Top Record Dealers always present

Full carvery served between 4pm-6pm - Bookings are being taken for the carvery on 01942 323034 Directions - Head for Wigan Town centre and follow the Brown 'Tourist' signs for Wigan Pier.

LOCAL HOSTELRIES ALL WITHIN A TEN MINUTE TAXI RIDE BAY HORSE ASHTON TEL. 01942 725032 PRIORY WOOD WIGAN 01942 211516 BELLINGHAM HOTEL 01942 243893 FORTE TRAVEL LODGE 01942 272055 QUALITY HOTEL 01942 826888 WHEATLEA PARK TRAVEL INN 01942 493469 MOAT HOUSE STANDISH 01257 499988

Edited by alison
  • Replies 91
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Promises to be a rollicking day/night - the last all dayer was just brilliant - and this time, I promise not to sing :D:D

Bank holiday weekend too, so no work the next day :wicked:

If you can't make this one (and why would you miss it - it's a rare opportunity to hear Butch in full crossover mode) then the next all dayer is at the end of August with not so "sooperstah" DJ's Ali & John whistling.gif

In the meantime the usual last Friday of the month sessions will have to keep you going :D

Blah blah blah, my favourite venue, blah blah blah, music & merriment, blah blah blah, let me sing for you............. :D

fink I will come too...........

link

Kinell - turn up for the books - I've been trying to get you to T'Orwell for years :D We normally bed down at the Travel Lodge - shall I book a family room :wicked::D On second thoughts, perhaps not..... whistling.gif

Why don't you call Clarky and see if you can travel up with them ? Makes sense :D

Hi Ali, I'm going to be extra special nice to Ryan's nanny so that I can also play out that day  :D   Not been for a very long time and think it's about time I scared Wigan again  :D

link

Good girl Mandy - start sucking up now :D

Been meaning to get up to here for ages so hopefully this will be the one.Sounds right up our street.( Especially if the Cobblers get to Cardiff on the saturday and we have something to celebrate !! :) )

link

:lol: Derby's not going to Cardiff now............

Is the rumour true ..... is it correct .... is that truly marvellous Derby DJ with the superrrrrb sounds guesting at the Rangers in Stafford very soon!!!!???? :):P

John & Deanne if you need B&B, 'Chez Mandy' is very reasonable and within staggering distance of the venue :lol::)

Any excuse to BUMP :D

Just thought that in the light of the (very exciting) Russ W thread it might be appropriate to bring to the attention of the board what actually happening in Wigan NOW, rather than more than a quarter of a century ago.

Having said that the records spun are often about 30 years old but it's still a tad more relevant to whats big in Wigan in 2005 :ohmy:

So any more Sourcers on the road to Wigan Pier this Sunday ?

Any excuse to BUMP  :D

Just thought that in the light of the (very exciting) Russ W thread it might be appropriate to bring to the attention of the board what actually happening in Wigan NOW, rather than more than a quarter of a century ago.

Having said that the records spun are often about 30 years old but it's still a tad more relevant to whats big in Wigan in 2005  :ohmy:

link

Oh yes, I'll be there-can't wait! What's the carvery like? (I know I'm sad, all I can think about is food nowadays..eating for two (or more like 3..) and all that :D

Oh yes, I'll be there-can't wait!  What's the carvery like?  (I know I'm sad, all I can think about is food nowadays..eating for two (or more like 3..) and all that :D

link

Must admit I've never sampled the carvery - just a cheeseburger to soak up the alcohol when I was getting to the point of no return, but last time people were saying that it was very good (best to book in advance I think).

We are on a economy drive so will be taking a tartan blanket, a thermos flask of tea and tinned salmon sandwiches :ohmy:

Look forward to seeing you hun :D

Is the rumour true .....  is it correct ....  is that truly marvellous Derby DJ with the superrrrrb sounds guesting at the Rangers in Stafford very soon!!!!???? 

John & Deanne if you need B&B, 'Chez Mandy'  is very reasonable and within staggering distance of the venue 

link

That's very good of yus mandy....might take you up on that.. :D

:D   Derby's not going to Cardiff now............

Nor are the cobblers  :P

link

Orwell it is then......... :D

link

We go be there.......... :ohmy: Carvery sound good, plus a couple of Beers, thinks i'll be asleep by 7pm.. :D

Edited by johnmay

Must admit I've never sampled the carvery - just a cheeseburger to soak up the alcohol when I was getting to the point of no return, but last time people were saying that it was very good (best to book in advance I think).

We are on a economy drive so will be taking a tartan blanket, a thermos flask of tea and tinned salmon sandwiches  :D

Look forward to seeing you hun  :D

link

The mention of tinned salmon sandwiches has just sent me into a mass cupboard search in case there was a tin in there I'd forgotten about from some forgotten Xmas hamper! Alas, tho, none in sight-only tuna, a poor substitute! Tinned salmon sandwiches with fruit cocktail and carnation milk for afters-that's what Sundays used to be all about :ohmy:

But, back on topic.... yes I can't wait til Sunday, I'm going to try and get down as early as possible as I think it may get a bit busy with that line-up. See y'all then :D

The mention of tinned salmon sandwiches has just sent me into a mass cupboard search in case there was a tin in there I'd forgotten about from some forgotten Xmas hamper! Alas, tho, none in sight-only tuna, a poor substitute!  Tinned salmon sandwiches with fruit cocktail and carnation milk for afters-that's what Sundays used to be all about :D

But, back on topic.... yes I can't wait til Sunday, I'm going to try and get down as early as possible as I think it may get a bit busy with that line-up. See y'all then :ohmy:

link

We always seem to go to the same venues just recently reg.... :D

Will you be bringing Rich along with you....

We always seem to go to the same venues just recently reg.... :ohmy:

Will you be bringing Rich along with you....

link

Yes, he'll be there too! I'm gonna fatten him up on that carvery!!

Possibly Mr Cato too-maybe if he's on here now he can confirm whether he's up for another hour driving round the Wigan one way system???

Guest Johnny One Trout

We are on a economy drive so will be taking a tartan blanket, a thermos flask of tea and tinned salmon sandwiches  :D

Look forward to seeing you hun  :D

link

sweetheart you forgot the lashings of Ginger Beer :ohmy: Huzzzah !!!!

Guest Johnny One Trout

Why Alison? What record have the "Trouts" invested in now?  :ohmy:

link

Sadly master Trout is temporarily out of work at the moment (hopefully soon resolved) so my Job seekers allowance won't stretch to new records :fool: thmbdn.gif

Guest Johnny One Trout

Thinks with the quality tracks you guy's have you should be O.K for a while.... :ohmy:

link

Thanks John but that's not the point i have withdrawal symptoms already and it's not pretty :D

Got two weddings at the weekend and a Sunday in Wigan should just finish me off. :D ..I will check the train times,if i set off an hour after Reg i will still get to the door first :D ....Is it the big room or the smaller upstairs one i was at the other Friday???????????Look forward to seeing that Trout lady,i like her :D Will i get to meet any new soul source folk...Tabitha,not sure if we have met...

Look forward to seeing that Trout lady,i like her :D Will i get to meet any new soul source folk...Tabitha,not sure if we have met...

link

I like you too babe :D

Have 3 CD's for you that I haven't got round to posting.

The soul room is on the first floor (and Reg, the carvery is on the ground floor but I am bringing you a tin of John West :D )

Would offer to pick you up Steve but we are in a mates car this time.

Got two weddings at the weekend and a Sunday in Wigan should just finish me off. :D ..I will check the train times,if i set off an hour after Reg i will still get to the door first :D ....Is it the big room or the smaller upstairs one i was at the other Friday???????????Look forward to seeing that Trout lady,i like her :D Will i get to meet any new soul source folk...Tabitha,not sure if we have met...

link

I hope both the weddings arn't yours Stevie, cause that would make you a bigamist.... :D

Also looking forward to meeting Tabitha....beleive her 2nd name is May also... :D

Guest rachel

Apply for English citizenship Rach  :D   :D   :D

link

Do you think they'd have me? :D Going for the slightly easier option of trying to get Monday off!

Do you think they'd have me? :D Going for the slightly easier option of trying to get Monday off!

link

Just found this thread thanks to Ali :D

Looks like a few from the list will be at The Orwell on Sunday. Really looking forward to putting some names to faces.

See you all there.

Cheers

Steve

ps For those who asked - The Carvery is excellent (well for Wigan it is!)

pps The Record Bar is also fully stocked too!

Confirmed entrepreneurs are-

Andy Dyson

Rob Grant

Dave Thorley (maybe)

Sam

Steve Plumb

Butch

plus the usual 'one off' boxes

Looks like there might be some good tuneage for sale!

Cheers

Steve

Just found this thread thanks to Ali  :D

Looks like a few from the list will be at The Orwell on Sunday. Really looking forward to putting some names to faces.

link

At the SSCDT alldayer the other week we all had name badges - was absolutely hilarious, especially as the alcohol began to flow and the names got swapped, then they became very rude, tasteless and vulgar :D

Not suggesting for one minute that you stoop to such low levels as the SSCDT but it was a hoot :D

post-856-1117120160_thumb.jpg

Guest rachel

Looks like there might be some good tuneage for sale!

link

Aargh.. no... just got paid.. too tempting.. must... resist.. vinyl.... :lol:

Ahem... :P

See you all there :P

I can't play out :P:lol: My bank manager does not like me at the moment and Ryan's nanny likes me even less by the looks of it cos she won't lend me any pennies nor will she babysit :angry: Another weekend in for me :P :angry:

I can't play out  :P   :lol:   My bank manager does not like me at the moment and Ryan's nanny likes me even less by the looks of it cos she won't lend me any pennies nor will she babysit  :angry:  Another weekend in for me  :P   :angry:

link

Aww Mandy - shame when that happens hun. Trials of motherhood eh :P

food! hmmmm, dunno what time I will arrive there but if it's early enough think I can manage some food! PM me your phone number ta x

food!  hmmmm, dunno what time I will arrive there but if it's early enough think I can manage some food!  PM me your phone number ta x

link

Have only ever seen you eat cheese strings - don't know if they serve that at the Orwell :)

So looking forward to this Sunday, I need cheering up after Bo lost American Idol :D:):D

Just a last bump before I head off to my sons Speech Day (I have been asked to take cigarettes and Stella Artois - remind you of anyone ? :D )

Sounds like there's a lot of Soul Sourcers heading to Wigan Pier tomorrow - what with Butch behind the decks, Steve P spinning the unreleased Al Williams number, and my acapella singing (oh yeah, and the Carvery for Reg who's eating for two :) )...what better way to spend bank holiday Sunday?

Fun starts at 4pm and ends at 2am - unless you are us then it carries on until the hotel manager knocks on the door and tells you to shut it :P

Just a last bump before I head off to my sons Speech Day (I have been asked to take cigarettes and Stella Artois - remind you of anyone ?  :) )

Sounds like there's a lot of Soul Sourcers heading to Wigan Pier tomorrow - what with Butch behind the decks, Steve P spinning the unreleased Al Williams number, and my acapella singing (oh yeah, and the Carvery for Reg who's eating for two  :P )...what better way to spend bank holiday Sunday?

Fun starts at 4pm and ends at 2am - unless you are us then it carries on until the hotel manager knocks on the door and tells you to shut it  :D

link

Sounds like it's gonna be busy tomorrow! Will somebody save a seat for me? Not got much energy these days and if, God forbid, somebody plays the Ultimates or Papa Bear and the cubs- and I actually dance, we may need to clear some space for the paramedics.. :D:D

Guest Jamie

Must admit looking forward to the Carvery just as much as the music....... :(

link

:( Would love to be there. Have a great day/night everyone.

Musically this place is right up my boulevard. And my boulevard is a one-way street if ya knoworra mean :(

Jamie :D

Source Advert