Wanted....... Bobby Sansom - Don't Leave (Sublime)

eddiep

Hey up Eddie - how's it going long time no see.

Got a copy of your wanted 45 but not for sale sorry.

All I can add is a publicity photo from 1963 of said chappie.

Derek

Anybody seen any Sublime demo's of this 45? Do they exist?

Years ago when I used to knock out a tape a week always followed Bobby Sansom with William Hunt "Would you believe" (Streamside). Always thought they blended well together.....

post-1224-0-82518500-1408839859_thumb.jp

• Helpful 2
Social source share

That is cool, but is it really the same person ? It could be as well be as it doesn't have to be with such a "common" name combination, I believe you can find more than one Bobby Sansom in the States. I've never seen a demo for it so like you I doubt very much that it does exist.

yep it is the same guy

have had a talk with him over email - its on the site somewhere - background info and some antidotes regarding sly stone etc

Social source share

Hey up Eddie - how's it going long time no see.

Got a copy of your wanted 45 but not for sale sorry.

All I can add is a publicity photo from 1963 of said chappie.

Derek

Anybody seen any Sublime demo's of this 45? Do they exist?

Years ago when I used to knock out a tape a week always followed Bobby Sansom with William Hunt "Would you believe" (Streamside). Always thought they blended well together.....

attachicon.gifBobby Sansom publicity photo 1963.jpg

Derek

No this be can't the same Bobby S I drool over everytime I hear it.It's one of my tunes I'd never part with as to me it's a masterpiece of soul music & never fails to move me........and will always remind me of Mouse as it was him I first heard play it :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Just returned to this want ad of mine after a few days and seen all this extra info!

Thank you guys. :thumbsup:

I used to have this a long time ago and was one I always regreted selling and just needed to find another.

Thanks to the good people on here I now have one safely back and currently loving that gorgeous "bottom end" mid-tempo bassy sound once again. :D

To me.... this is just one of them really soulful "stand-out" tunes that can easily blow some of the much higher priced rarities out the water ( as previously mentioned by Clint - SLAMMINSOUL).

Proof that you don't need to be a millionaire to have a true quality collection of soul 45's.

Indeed part of the fun I have in collecting 45's is finding tunes that really do make you go all goosey and the hairs on your neck stand up.

That effect is my gauge for how soulful a record is to me.

I love it when that happens especially on hearing something new I have never heard before. :yes:

Thanks again guys for your wonderful info and input. :thumbsup:

Most appreciated.

ATB Eddie :hatsoff2:

Social source share