Snapped

Barry

...and you know how?

I don't use solid middles, I square them up (?) with me thumb and finger - one of the lads barracked me for not using a centre, so I did...and snapped the bastid when I pulled it off...double :facepalm: :facepalm:

Edited by Barry
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Never, never, never, use the centres that come with the Technics 1200 series turntables. They are far too big in diameter and will jam in 45's especially styrene ones. Either throw them away, or for aesthetics glue them into the recesses in the deck.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Never, never, never, use the centres that come with the Technics 1200 series turntables. They are far too big in diameter and will jam in 45's especially styrene ones. Either throw them away, or for aesthetics glue them into the recesses in the deck.

The plastic ones that used to come with cheap turntables work a treat, When Curry's were selling their turntables off years ago I said to one of the staff that the plastic centres were really hard to get; he pulled four off the display turntables and gave me them - I was gobsmacked! Still have and use them.

Jo Wallace has some metal cone shaped centres that a guy turned on a lathe especially for her, came in a nice little custom box and are engraved too - very jealous.

The technics metal ones are definitely too big.

Edited by paultp
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Barry, always travel with a plastic cone-shaped adaptor, readily available from the US, usually in yellow or pinky-red colours but also seen in pale blue. Seen them in stores behind the counter in a bubble-wrap packet. The record slips on and off this type easily. Avoid the black plastic flat-top adaptor as these are prone to jamming. Aluminium adaptors supplied with higher-end turntables are also dodgy. Avoid clip-in centres at all costs as they stress the vinyl/styrene and nick the label. Err, that's all on the subject of adaptors for now until I return to the theme of designing centres for off-centre records...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Dave Fleming, on 28 Aug 2014 - 6:34 PM, said:

I always take my own us plastic dome ones for this reason,Andy Davis had a giant

Pickled onion jar full of these for sale a while back,he may still have some left.

I can just see Barry looking on sucking a pickled onion whilst Swifty eats his fish, gravy and pickled onion - on a tray like.

Peter

:D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Put the record on first and the middle after. Reverse, to take off.

Barry, Barry, Barry, :-)

I KNOOOOOW!!

I never use the buggers - just bent in a moment of ale-infused madness.

I've had that record longer than most of me mates too - like losing a dog  :elvis:  :wink:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'm glad you mentioned this as every now and then I puzzle over this situation then forget it before I have time to start a thread.....

As long as I can remember the centres that come with the Technics 1200 turntables have always been slightly over sized but why and for what reason.

Surely over the years people must've flagged this up many times with Technics but nothing seems to have ever changed.

Confused and slightly under sized of Bradford.

Derek

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!