Refosoul Is Awesome

Hi all

I have been searching Refosoul properly for the first time. There is some awesome stuff on there - but two gripes :shades:

1) Unless it is a 1-off acetate or something similarly rare, please POST THE WHOLE TRACK - or don't bother. Why is there a part clip of stuff like Marva Whitney on Federal? etc. etc. etc. :shades:

2) Please take the time to put in the correct artist, title, label etc. info. CYNTHIA MP3 doesn't cut it!. If you are posting for US, please give us the info we need to find what you are posting :wacko:

Apart from that, some reallly cool stuff on Refosoul - Keep it coming and KTF :thumbsup::D

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi all

I have been searching Refosoul properly for the first time. There is some awesome stuff on there - but two gripes :shades:

1) Unless it is a 1-off acetate or something similarly rare, please POST THE WHOLE TRACK - or don't bother. Why is there a part clip of stuff like Marva Whitney on Federal? etc. etc. etc. :shades:

2) Please take the time to put in the correct artist, title, label etc. info. CYNTHIA MP3 doesn't cut it!. If you are posting for US, please give us the info we need to find what you are posting :wacko:

Apart from that, some reallly cool stuff on Refosoul - Keep it coming and KTF :thumbsup::D

Cheers

Richard

i think some of the partial clips are people using refosoul for their sales when they shouldn't be.

Social source share

I think the partial clips are from a few years ago when site used to "clip" the tracks or cut 'em in half to get round the copyright laws, might be wrong..........

can also be a pain when all the info isn't entered, maybe each field should be mandatory before being allowed to post/upload???

also why do people keep posting tracks when it's already in refosoul, sometimes two or three times :thumbsup:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

it doesn't hurt or take up any time to do a search of refosoul to see if it's already in there.

I think he means by the same person,some folks not mentioning no names have 5'6'7 ? of the same record,i have a few doubles usualy a new recording or better copy tho' and have deleted doubles sometimes.........sometimes you cant find em' in refo-soul even when you know you've done em.

Social source share

Hi all

I have been searching Refosoul properly for the first time. There is some awesome stuff on there - but two gripes :lol:

1) Unless it is a 1-off acetate or something similarly rare, please POST THE WHOLE TRACK - or don't bother. Why is there a part clip of stuff like Marva Whitney on Federal? etc. etc. etc. :D

Apart from that, some reallly cool stuff on Refosoul - Keep it coming and KTF :thumbsup::ohmy:

Cheers

Richard

the clipped tracks are a hangover from when the policy used to be all clips were clipped

think mostly clips fom 2005

I think the partial clips are from a few years ago when site used to "clip" the tracks or cut 'em in half to get round the copyright laws, might be wrong..........

can also be a pain when all the info isn't entered, maybe each field should be mandatory before being allowed to post/upload???

also why do people keep posting tracks when it's already in refosoul, sometimes two or three times unsure.gif

if you only enter info in the main title box but do it in the format asked

eg

howard and the ducks - quaking up - pond

when some one views the clip - the sytem will look at the main title and if no other info exists

it will fill the info automatically :yes:biggrin.gif

but it has to be in that format and order eg use the - as seperators

artist -title-label

I think he means by the same person,some folks not mentioning no names have 5'6'7 ? of the same record,i have a few doubles usualy a new recording or better copy tho' and have deleted doubles sometimes.........sometimes you cant find em' in refo-soul even when you know you've done em.

if using the "live" search it only uses teh title

the main search should be better

thanks for passing on,

bit of a quick rushed reply

slowly stumbling to a almost finished state with refosoul, there will be a sort out of the stuff mentioned

but not looking at doing such till a bit further down the line as it is still sort of evolving

and there may still be future changes which can catch you out

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Refosoul is awesome,i use it all the time,pity it isnt laid out like the Soulclub used to be,not knocking refosoul but it would be easier in alphabetical order me thinks. Graham.

Edited by biggray1
Social source share

Refrosoul is awesome,i use it all the time,pity it isnt laid out like the Soulclub used to be,not knocking refrosoul but it would be easier in alphabetical order me thinks. Graham.

and if we could get rid of all the repeats surley that would increase the server space or am i having a grey moment

Social source share

Changes ae great and yes ive multiple posted[like so many others] ,never quite got the hang of using refosoul ,getting into good ways recently and starting to use it a little more.I like the changes but a bit perplexed that soul audio source is towards the bottom of the site only my view and not a critisism,must be people like talking bout soul as opposed to listening to it online?

kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MIKE.

BAZ A :thumbsup:

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert