• Replies 102
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Need to get this sorted. So:

Northern tune from Wigan 'pop' era. There's also a slightly later version by another group who also did a song that Dusty covered. Lots of other people too including an instrumental version by a later variation of the second band. Our guy did the Northern tune as a solo artist though and it's (clearly) a white stomper.

Label sounds like it should be a taxi firm or removal company...

...I'm giving it away now.

Social source share

I think we've had Jerry almost every every week

doc489a1f080058a253643988.jpg

aaarrrrrh is that what he looks like ?

Sorry not aware that he's been mentioned over previous weeks, only started having a guess on last sundays pic.

To be honest l don't know why l bother , never been able to remember names, face's yes but name's no :thumbsup:

Social source share

aaarrrrrh is that what he looks like ?

Sorry not aware that he's been mentioned over previous weeks, only started having a guess on last sundays pic.

To be honest l don't know why l bother , never been able to remember names, face's yes but name's no :thumbsup:

No sweat Sandi

he looked a bit cooler when younger - although very country as you'd expect from a Cricket

jff.jpg

Social source share

Right. The band that that did the other version of his Northern tune also had a hit with a tune that was pretty big on the Northern scene a few years ago via an unreleased version by the Supremes. Come on pop fans.

Can you tell it's getting near bed time...

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

danny woods after his 90 days, no thats not right , doh

Fraid not Cod. Ta for having a guess though.

Maybe I should clarify. It was a much shorter period.

Also his earlier band has the same name as a band that Joe Walsh from the Eagles was in.

Furthermore, I mentioned that the record label sounds like a taxi or removal firm. Now what do they always do...

..in the phone book...

Social source share

Fraid not Cod. Ta for having a guess though.

Maybe I should clarify. It was a much shorter period.

Also his earlier band has the same name as a band that Joe Walsh from the Eagles was in.

Furthermore, I mentioned that the record label sounds like a taxi or removal firm. Now what do they always do...

..in the phone book...

this is doing my head in, i,m now thinking "james gang" aaaargh

Social source share

ooh - right era but I would guess a year or two later...

Damn...I was optomistic there...thought i had seen him before & the bit about two bands of the same name fitted a bit with the Outcasts :thumbsup:

Social source share

Times up!

About time I beat you lot.

Wilbur Walton Jr. 24 Hours of Loneliness

The Candy Men were Roy Orbison's backing band and included Bobby Goldsboro(see Webby!) They became The James Gang whcih had Wilbur as a member. The producer Buddy Buie kept some songs for his next group Clasics iv who cut "24 hours and also "Stormy' as on unreleased Supremes and "Spooky" done brilliantly by Dusty Springfield and as an instrumental by Atlanta Rhythm section.

You should all start earlier next week.

Here's Classics iv version

Wibur was on 123 label, beloved by firms trying to get to the front of the phone book (geddit) and came out on Capitol in Japan

record%20label%204.jpg

Social source share

Times up!

The Candy Men were Roy Orbison's backing band and included Bobby Goldsboro(see Webby!) They became The James Gang whcih had Wilbur as a member. The producer Buddy Buie kept some songs for his next group Clasics iv who cut "24 hours and also "Stormy' as on unreleased Supremes and "Spooky" done brilliantly by Dusty Springfield and as an instrumental by Atlanta Rhythm section.

Wibur was on 123 label, beloved by firms trying to get to the front of the phone book (geddit) and came out on Capitol in Japan

record%20label%204.jpg

Ha ha, just beat ya to itlaugh.gif

Social source share

Times up!

record%20label%204.jpg

FFS Was on the tip of my tongue :D

Social source share

Wilbur Walton

Sorry Isis

Took me over 5 mins to to type and it's 25 past so your answer was out of time (twice). Bloody close Though! I feel mean but rules is rules. May start earlier next time though!

Cheers everyone as always. Your participation make this a hoot. Same again next week?

Have a groovy week

Godz :D

Social source share

Sorry Isis

Took me over 5 mins to to type and it's 25 past so your answer was out of time (twice). Bloody close Though! I feel mean but rules is rules. May start earlier next time though!

Cheers everyone as always. Your participation make this a hoot. Same again next week?

Have a groovy week

Godz thumbsup.gif

NOOOOOOOsad.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert