The Burnley Allnighter - Saturday 23Rd January

Quinvy

THE BURNLEY ALLNIGHTER

THE FALCON

1, WHITTAM STREET

BURNLEY

BB11 1LW

RUNS FROM 10PM TO 6AM £10 O.T.D.

A HAPPY NEW YEAR ! to all the children of the night, as we open the bat cave for the first time in 2010, hurrah!

If you haven't been before [why the hell not?] come and get it while it's still fresh, and still available, we're a long time dead.

Your resident DJ's; Stuart Bennett, Fred Krol, Karl Heard, Andy Dyson, Phil Kowalski & Cliff Camfield.

Can't find my list for early and late guests, but I'll post up as soon as they are sorted.

So that's it for now, keep it real, "come on you children of the night" :laugh::hatsoff2::good:

Edited by Phil Kowalski
  • Replies 87
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Can't believe it Phil this will be the second on the bounce we'll have missed, don't worry it won't be a hatrick, it's that Coggy's birthday were still celebrating it doing tourist type things in the Lakes,have a good 'un & all the best for 2010.thumbup.gif

Take care,be safe & remember,"A birthdays a day not a month",

Spot. shades.gif

Can't believe it Phil this will be the second on the bounce we'll have missed, don't worry it won't be a hatrick, it's that Coggy's birthday were still celebrating it doing tourist type things in the Lakes,have a good 'un & all the best for 2010.thumbup.gif

Take care,be safe & remember,"A birthdays a day not a month",

Spot. shades.gif

Sorry to hear that Pete, you will be missed of course. A happy new year to you and Gail, and hope to see you soon.

Best regards, Phil.

Trouble is with this nighter, you get spoiled.

Nothing else can come even close.

Will get there more now it has a regular saturday night slot

See you all on saturdaythumbsup.gif

Dekka,

Many thanks for another brilliant quote that I can use......thumbup.gifhatsoff2.gif Looking forward to 2010 at the batcave, lot's of new tunes to unleash from all the resident DJ's, and always get some stonking 45's played by the regulars that get the faithful running up to the decks to see "what the f**k is that?" See you on Saturday.

atb. Phil.

Dekka,

Many thanks for another brilliant quote that I can use......thumbup.gifhatsoff2.gif Looking forward to 2010 at the batcave, lot's of new tunes to unleash from all the resident DJ's, and always get some stonking 45's played by the regulars that get the faithful running up to the decks to see "what the f**k is that?" See you on Saturday.

atb. Phil.

Once again, i'm honoured Phil.hatsoff2.gif

I can't fookin wait for saturday

Bring it onthumbsup.gif

Guest Sean Haydon

looking forward to playing a few records at my fav nighter!!! thanks for asking me phil..... :wub:

Will be there early for you mate, now I know you have good tastewink.gif

After checking the weather forcast, and knowing that vast areas of the country are under snow. I would ask that anyone that intends turning out this weekend to keep looking at these pages to make sure that the events are still on. I'm unsure what to do myself at the moment. The snow is very bad here at this time. :angry: But who knows what will happen?shades Maybe cracking't flags bi' Saturday.

Phil.

After checking the weather forcast, and knowing that vast areas of the country are under snow. I would ask that anyone that intends turning out this weekend to keep looking at these pages to make sure that the events are still on. I'm unsure what to do myself at the moment. The snow is very bad here at this time. angry.gif But who knows what will happen?shades.gif Maybe cracking't flags bi' Saturday.

Phil.

I'm working on my 3rd pass for this one! - Ref the weather, John had a shovel in his boot last time...I think that was for the snow anyway...shades.gif

It's "Burnley this, Burnley that" in my house, I keep forgetting this event has been going for three years, I've only just discovered it, so apologies if I come across 'over the top' about it, but tis gooood!

See you at the dance!

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order!!!"

After checking the weather forcast, and knowing that vast areas of the country are under snow. I would ask that anyone that intends turning out this weekend to keep looking at these pages to make sure that the events are still on. I'm unsure what to do myself at the moment. The snow is very bad here at this time. angry.gif But who knows what will happen?shades.gif Maybe cracking't flags bi' Saturday.

Phil.

same hear Phil im snow'd in the last 2days ,but have wendy hard at it with a shovel she should be at the maine road by saturday ,if she gets the hang of it by then women :lol:

Maybe cracking't flags bi' Saturday.

That would be the frost

in barnoldswick Phil,i doubt it,fully understand your dillema

Atb

Salmon

Hello Salmon, Happy new year mate. I didn't want to be on so early in January but young Simon got his date in before me, and booked one of my resident DJ's, so I had very little choice. It's not looking good at the moment........:sad:

atb. Phil.

I'm working on my 3rd pass for this one! - Ref the weather, John had a shovel in his boot last time...I think that was for the snow anyway...shades

It's "Burnley this, Burnley that" in my house, I keep forgetting this event has been going for three years, I've only just discovered it, so apologies if I come across 'over the top' about it, but tis gooood!

See you at the dance!

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order!!!"

Thanks very much Len, I'm just praying for a heatwave........shades:rolleyes:

atb. Phil.

Guest Sean Haydon

Just to let you know Phil, I've done the Wolves to Manchester trip today and the M6 Motorway was perfectly clear. In fact, clear of both snow and traffic!

Sean

I had to make a decision on this today. It took me a couple of hours to dig my car out, and I got to Burnley ok. But the side roads and car parks are bad, and they have forecast more snow at the weekend. I've rung round all the DJ's and some other cave dwellers, and the consensus of opinion was to cancel. So it's CANCELLED!!

I have been in touch with Susan at the Falcon, and we have re-scheduled the date for-

SATURDAY 23rd JANUARY

I hope you can all make it on that date, and that the weather is more favourable.

Please would you let anyone know who doesn't have Internet access. Thank you.

Best regards, Phil.

Edited by Phil Kowalski

sorry to hear this phil,found out yesterday how treachorous the weather is underfoot ,went arse over tit and fractured my shoulder blade,

Bloody hell mate, I'm sorry to hear that. That's all you needed after the problems you've had. Hope you are ok Salmon, for goodness sake take it easy and get well soon. good.gif

Phil.

Guest gfarrington

sorry to hear this phil,found out yesterday how treachorous the weather is underfoot ,went arse over tit and fractured my shoulder blade,

are you after one of them nurses in a&e m8,

Guest gfarrington

I had to make a decision on this today. It took me a couple of hours to dig my car out, and I got to Burnley ok. But the side roads and car parks are bad, and they have forecast more snow at the weekend. I've rung round all the DJ's and some other cave dwellers, and the consensus of opinion was to cancel. So it's CANCELLED!!

I have been in touch with Susan at the Falcon, and we have re-scheduled the date for-

SATURDAY 23rd JANUARY

I hope you can all make it on that date, and that the weather is more favourable.

Best regards, Phil.

was probebly for the best phil, with the conditions & forecast,see you on the 23rd then, me mams birthday(72) can she come ?

Lookin forward to it cliff :D but my sidekick is snowed in :thumbup: hopefully wendys shifftin that snow quicker than kev can demolish four pies :wicked: com on wendy put your back into it :thumbsup: Later hombres. Enzo

say's He the man that stayd at ours for 3 days and brought 12xxxL wigan pies just to see him over till he got home' and even the dog didnt get a crust!!!!!

think its for the best phil only thing is ill be in Egypt for the next one!!!! :yes:

say's He the man that stayd at ours for 3 days and brought 12xxxL wigan pies just to see him over till he got home' and even the dog didnt get a crust!!!!!

think its for the best phil only thing is ill be in Egypt for the next one!!!! ohmy.gif

Didn't Sphinx you'd want to miss it mate.....I think you're in d'Nile laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Don't worry...... Pharaoh enough, you can do Feb instead. biggrin.gif

Edited by Phil Kowalski

SATURDAY 23rd JANUARY

Best regards, Phil.

Gutted for ya Phil,i mean that speak soon mate

Toby

Fingers crossed......let's try again, and hope the weather improves. Re-scheduled for Saturday 23rd January, with the same DJ line up more or less, and even more new records to spin, well, if the post ever arrives that is. Kev Fearnhead is on holiday, so I'll be phoning someone later to replace him behind the decks for this one. Will put you on next month Kev.

Really sorry to have had to cancel the 9th, but after much deliberation I thought it was the only way to go.

Sincerely hope you can all make it on the 23rd.

Phil.

Source Advert