Purple Mundi - Stop Hurting Me Baby - Cat

Benji

• Replies 68
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Couple of steps back & a few deep breaths please lads & leave the modding decisions to us Mods.

You will get your reward in heaven Cunnie for your efforts on this site.. :thumbup: ..

For what its worth i have always liked this track and it stands the test of time too.. Not been overplayed in my book but then again we all go out different places...

I have it as a free single, someplace tucked away??? was it a Bretby anniversary single,will have to dig it out, whats on the b-side of the anniversary single????

Social source share

I think you'll find Phillip is her Brother - As is Milton:

All about Phillip Wright.

Now known as "Simply Phillip", an Entertainer since the age of 7 years old, Phillip joined his Mother Rosa Akins Wright, who organized a family singing group with her six children while she played the guitar, and naming them the Echoes of Joy, a Gospel singing Group. The family performed in Miami as the Host Children's Group whenever there was a Gospel Concert held in Miami during the 1950's. They also performed in other Genres over the State of Florida. Later learning to play the guitar and changing to performing in Night clubs with a calypso band, Phillip's first Night Club Performance was at the Knight Beat Club in Miami at the Sir John Hotel. As guitarist with a calypso band called the Downbeats. Phillip began touring with Commedian Flip Wilson in 1957. He also played guitar for Sam Cooke, Chubby Checker, Hank Ballard, Jerry Butler, the Chiffons, and many more known Recording Artists. As the years passed and maturity set in, Phillip begin performing as a guitarist with King Curtis and the Kingpins, with Cissy Houston and the Sweet Inspirations, Erma Franklin, Junior Walker and the All stars, Joey Garcia and the Greatful Dead, Jimmi Hendrix, Patti Labelle, Sonny and Cher, Jimmy Ruffin, the Perfections, Dee Dee Warwick, and Screaming Jay Hawkins. In the earlier years he played guitar with his brother Charles Wright's band called the Afro Beats. Phillip grew up in Miami, Florida and Boston Massachusetts. He also recorded with his other brother Judge Milton Wright Jr. who can be heard on 2 albums. One of those albums is still a big hit in Europe that is called "Friends and Buddies". Phillip recorded with his sister the Super Star Performer, Writer, and Producer Ms. Betty Wright. As well, he recorded with KC and the Sunshine Band that included his other sister Ms. Jeannette Wright. Phillip has had an extremely long and successful career in the Entertainment Field. Now ready for the world to listen to his first Contemporary Gospel Jazz Cd called "Simply Phillip".

https://www.myspace.com/simplyphillip

l_d4c669315a57c8713906185db53272b4.jpg

Pictured above is Milton Wright & Phillip Wright

Edited by John Benson
Social source share

I think you'll find Phillip is her Brother - As is Milton:

All about Phillip Wright.

Now known as "Simply Phillip", an Entertainer since the age of 7 years old, Phillip joined his Mother Rosa Akins Wright, who organized a family singing group with her six children while she played the guitar, and naming them the Echoes of Joy, a Gospel singing Group. The family performed in Miami as the Host Children's Group whenever there was a Gospel Concert held in Miami during the 1950's. They also performed in other Genres over the State of Florida. Later learning to play the guitar and changing to performing in Night clubs with a calypso band, Phillip's first Night Club Performance was at the Knight Beat Club in Miami at the Sir John Hotel. As guitarist with a calypso band called the Downbeats. Phillip began touring with Commedian Flip Wilson in 1957. He also played guitar for Sam Cooke, Chubby Checker, Hank Ballard, Jerry Butler, the Chiffons, and many more known Recording Artists. As the years passed and maturity set in, Phillip begin performing as a guitarist with King Curtis and the Kingpins, with Cissy Houston and the Sweet Inspirations, Erma Franklin, Junior Walker and the All stars, Joey Garcia and the Greatful Dead, Jimmi Hendrix, Patti Labelle, Sonny and Cher, Jimmy Ruffin, the Perfections, Dee Dee Warwick, and Screaming Jay Hawkins. In the earlier years he played guitar with his brother Charles Wright's band called the Afro Beats. Phillip grew up in Miami, Florida and Boston Massachusetts. He also recorded with his other brother Judge Milton Wright Jr. who can be heard on 2 albums. One of those albums is still a big hit in Europe that is called "Friends and Buddies". Phillip recorded with his sister the Super Star Performer, Writer, and Producer Ms. Betty Wright. As well, he recorded with KC and the Sunshine Band that included his other sister Ms. Jeannette Wright. Phillip has had an extremely long and successful career in the Entertainment Field. Now ready for the world to listen to his first Contemporary Gospel Jazz Cd called "Simply Phillip".

https://www.myspace.com/simplyphillip

l_d4c669315a57c8713906185db53272b4.jpg

Pictured above is Milton Wright & Phillip Wright

Thanks John

I was just being a smart arse ,i remembered seeing it somwhere whilst searching for a copy of the elusive Phillip Wright 45.

It was on Jazzman website ....but as long as we got there in the endthumbsup.gif

Social source share

If you agree with them, you're allowed to speak.

If you don't agree with them, you're not allowed to speak.

C'mon, no need to take it like that, Benji was asking for any info? price, label variations, etc. NOT what anyone thought of the tune, I think that is what Dee Jay ment with "Stick to the thread"

Social source share

C'mon, no need to take it like that, Benji was asking for any info? price, label variations, etc. NOT what anyone thought of the tune, I think that is what Dee Jay ment with "Stick to the thread"

I suppose you could say it's slightly on topic ..cos it's starting to sound like a broken recordbiggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert