ImberBoy

• Replies 507
  • Views 27.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

There is still a fantastic modern scene chugging along quite nicely IF you know where to look !!!

With hindsight Andy, I painted a bleaker picture than is the reality.............of course there are oasis in the desert.....it's not quite that bad!! Some notable events around of course.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

I am loosing the will to do this now

Keep on going Simon, a great thread.

Whilst I do not consider these records anywhere near anthem status as some listed on this thread, I think they have proved popular on dance floors and are all more modern in terms of release.

Shine- Luther Vandross

Lord- Alexander O'neil

Mercy- Duffy.

And an oldie I forget last night-

It's Hard Sometimes- Frankie Knuckles

Steve

Social source share

Love this one Mark.

Happy memories of S.U. Picked this one up from Fish,from his little stall at the back of the room.

Gonna see if Dawn Tallman You Are is on youtube

Hey Pete......how are you keeping anyway mate? Been too long!! Seems a long time ago now, those Winsford all nighters and you with your red wine frenzies!! LOL! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Hope you're well mate......would be great to catch up with you again.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest GrooveJunkies
shades don't forget if you like this type of music have a look at our web site ..... it's all free lots of pods radio shows and lots more :thumbup: .............................................................................................................................................. :thumbup:https://groovejunkies.co.uk/ :thumbup: Edited by GrooveJunkies
Social source share

THAT GROOVEJUNKIE CHAP HAS POSTED SOME TUNES...WELL DONE JOHN

Yes & some nice video footage of peeps I know thumbsup.gif

I've just left some of them in Blackpool at the weekender & if they knew they were appearing on a predominantly Rare Soul/Northern Soul website some of them would be mortified :laugh:

Cant wait to tell em :wicked::laugh:

Mr Groove Junkie - As you were on here last night I can safely assume you won't have any footage of the Blackpool Luxury Soul Weekender :shhh::sweatingbullets::laugh:

Nice choons by the way thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Yes Andy.......you know that I know the reality......or I would hope you do!............so yes, in some (not all - Ron Carroll for instance) of my posts it is more about wish than reality, but I am in one of my "low" phases musically (don't get me wrong by that statement, I have continually plenty of great new release music here) as I see mash-ups/classics proliferating gigs and playlists and often find it a bit disappointing.

Perhaps it needs stripping back to a group of diehards with a small-ish following to push things along again.....I dunno........I suppose to put it into context with what the majority on here can identify with, a bit like an end of Wigan/start of Stafford scenario............the 60's Newies brigade, but with new releases.

Too many people that were once kings of all they surveyed progression wise, now going through the motions and that in turn having a negative effect on things perhaps? I dunno......I'm just thinking out loud......perhaps I shouldn't care or bother myself with it!!

Cheers,

Mark R

With you on most of the 'mash ups' Mark but some of e'm work mate.

Remember the Michael Proctor - Muthafunkaz mash up Julia Nicoll & myself were hammering a while back?

Just wish we could have got the guy who did it for us to actually release it.

Link below (had to do it this way as can't embed it for some reason).

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/more/soul-library/muthafunkaz-v-michael-proctor-fall-down

Now with the right backing that could have been as big if not bigger than both of the originals IMVHO & would have been a worthy contender for this thread.

Social source share

shades.gif don't forget if you like this type of music have a look at our web site ..... it's all free lots of pods radio shows and lots more thumbup.gif .............................................................................................................................................. thumbup.gifhttps://groovejunkies.co.uk/ thumbup.gif

it is folks and what a great site

hi john happy new year by the way thumbup.gif

Social source share

With you on most of the 'mash ups' Mark but some of e'm work mate.

Remember the Michael Proctor - Muthafunkaz mash up Julia Nicoll & myself were hammering a while back?

Just wish we could have got the guy who did it for us to actually release it.

Link below (had to do it this way as can't embed it for some reason).

https://www.soul-sour...octor-fall-down

Now with the right backing that could have been as big if not bigger than both of the originals IMVHO & would have been a worthy contender for this thread.

Hey Mart...........it's not an issue of them working, it's the overuse and reliance on them and the established tunes that I take issue with, especially when good, original new releases struggle for needletime as a result.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest GrooveJunkies

it is folks and what a great site

hi john happy new year by the way thumbup.gif

happy new year to all you at your end toohatsoff2.gif big year for us this year already lots of bookings....thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hey Mart...........it's not an issue of them working, it's the overuse and reliance on them and the established tunes that I take issue with, especially when good, original new releases struggle for needletime as a result.

Cheers,

Mark R

Like I say Mark I'm pretty much with you on this.

Think the recent glut of mash ups has happened for 2 reasons myself. Sure you'll agree with me on the first but maybe not the 2nd.

First reason is down to bone idle DJ's who can't be bothered to get off their arses & play & promote current new releases. We both know this happens on a regular basis, the EMS/Hilton thread shows this up.

Take my hat off (bet I get some more stick for saying that:laugh: ) to folks like yourself, Roger, Lin etc who do go out & play contemporary new releases week in week out.

Second reason though is I think it's been a really poor year for new release material. Know a hell of a lot of folks will disagree with me & I'd love nothing more than to be proved wrong but there was just not much new stuff that did it for me in the last 12 months.

Social source share

Cheers,

Mark R

Ditto.....

...so many great new tunes.....so few plays..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert