2010-04-10: Rugby Allnighter

Guest nubes

Let's just say it's two strikes and you're out :laugh::laugh:

And the difference this will make to me is...?...seeing as i was only in ONE foto....seems i have been outed anyway!!!!!..Bloody South Londoners...why cant cha be as refined as wot we Norf Lundern lot is!!!!!....Delxxxx

• Replies 247
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest nubes

You'd lost that much weight I couldn't find you...:wink:

OOh thanks Sian...feel much better now....that F plan diet is deffo working!!!!!!.....Delxxxx

Guest nubes

In that case you can say goodbye to any Oreo's.:wicked:

If ya dont hand em Oreos over....I will gonna spit on your bonfire toffee before i give em to ya now!!!!!,,......Delxxxx

Guest Mrs Simsy

We'll be supporting Lou.Popping our heads into the main room at appropriate moments......thumbsup.gif

I'm really looking forward to Ruggers. Just who to support, the Move On boys or the Attic boys?g.gif:lol: Tell you what lads i'll either stay on the floor for the duration or completely lose track of time & be in the record bar talking to someone!ph34r.giflaugh.gif

I'm really looking forward to Ruggers. Just who to support, the Move On boys or the Attic boys?:lol:

It's a tough decision, do you support the four Attic guys who are all fine DJs and are also a great friendly bunch?? Or do you instead choose to cheer on the Move On boys and girl...3 fine DJs and me. I don't want to bias your decision in any way as I'm sure you'll make the right choice thumbsup.gif.

Out of interest, are you still liking the Ballads and Jesse Johnson 45s wink.gif.

Will be good to see you, it's been a while......the last Rugby night probably!

Guest Mrs Simsy

It's a tough decision, do you support the four Attic guys who are all fine DJs and are also a great friendly bunch?? Or do you instead choose to cheer on the Move On boys and girl...3 fine DJs and me. I don't want to bias your decision in any way as I'm sure you'll make the right choice thumbsup.gif.

Out of interest, are you still liking the Ballads and Jesse Johnson 45s :thumbsup:.

laugh.gif

Loving the Jesse Johnson especially!yes.gif

See you there!:lol:

Guest ang b

Phil Shields is pretty good at pole dancing, just fill him full of whiskey and watch him go...yes.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif not heard about that one, i know hes great at doing bike stunts laugh.gif

Guest ang b

If ya dont hand em Oreos over....I will gonna spit on your bonfire toffee before i give em to ya now!!!!!,,......Delxxxx

PMSL Del! :laugh: that sounded great

Out of interest, are you still liking the Ballads and Jesse Johnson 45s wink.gif.

Adam,not like you to "show your hand" and prime the dancers.Its shameful.laugh.gif .Might have to put up some potential plays...g.gif ..........much nearer the time.

2 half hour spots - will 24 records cover it?.shades.gif

Just who to support, the Move On boys or the Attic boys?g.giflaugh.gif

Ok Kylee how much is it gonna cost us??

Hopefully thats three on our side now, kylee plus Dean's dancing troupe if he can find them although that might prove difficult as they were last seen auditioning for a riverdance tour of Helmand provinceph34r.gif

Guest Matt Male

Adam,not like you to "show your hand" and prime the dancers.Its shameful.laugh.gif .Might have to put up some potential plays...g.gif ..........much nearer the time.

I thought he was trying to bribe her with free records laugh.gif

Hopefully thats three on our side now, kylee plus Dean's dancing troupe if he can find them although that might prove difficult as they were last seen auditioning for a riverdance tour of Helmand provinceph34r.gif

Have you counted me in the three Steve , No ,well I might have to defect now and go with them suvners

Edited by MAK
Guest Mrs Simsy

:lol: I'm not taking sides...though i do have a passion for vodka!:lol::yes:

I thought he was trying to bribe her with free records :D

I think he was gently reminding me of the free records he gave me at a Middleton a couple of years ago.:thumbup:

Aww Matt, if only you weren't too scared to come and say hello to me I could have been one of your dancers. I've got my own tambourine and everything wink.gif

That's what Tats said after meeting you Saturdaylaugh.gif .Bring the tambourine,i'd like to see you bashing away on it.

Saw Justin at Prest btw - in the tent room.ohmy.gif .He admitted he was lost.laugh.gif

Adam,not like you to "show your hand" and prime the dancers.Its shameful.:lol: .Might have to put up some potential plays...g.gif ..........much nearer the time.

24 records???? Bugger, I'm 4 short.....off to ebay I shall go :yes:

My avatar shows a dead cert to get played but apart from that no chance of me putting up a list of potential plays, I'd be getting jeered off the thread before people had even read the last three or four on the list :D:thumbup:

I think he was gently reminding me of the free records he gave me at a Middleton a couple of years ago.:shades:

Free records??? From me??? At Middleton??? No, don't remember that :lol:biggrin.gif

Guest Bearsy

I thought he was trying to bribe her with free records laugh.gif

if he is then i shall dance to both his sets laugh.gif them Attic boys aint all that ive heard especially that Steve fella wicked.gif when do i collect me records laugh.gif

if he is then i shall dance to both his sets laugh.gif them Attic boys aint all that ive heard especially that Steve fella wicked.gif when do i collect me records laugh.gif

If you stick to that promise you can have 2 at the start of the night and 4 more at the end :lol:

Do you all drink CAMP coffee ?? I used to love that stuff. Can you still get it in the U.K. ?

I used to, but stopped when I realised my reputation was being severely affectedph34r.gif

You can still buy it BTW the bottle has still got the same picture on it, noticed it in ASDA recentlyhuh.gif

Back on topic for the benefit of the Move Off people, Deans dancing troupe has been located and are up for the freestyle room big time. They are also in the process of recruiting extra members so we can confidently predict that we'll wipe the floor with youwink.gif

heres what you're up against

post-1423-12699439083824_thumb.jpg

Guest Matt Male

The Attic boys take things a little too seriously as someone plays a repeat record... ohmy.gif

...and the Attic troupe in action as Kev's spot starts.

Edited by Matt Male

from your play box :D

Not sure about that, I'd have to get them them carved again and I thought you'd prefer a few originals out of the sales box?? :D

I had an email from Dean's dancing troupe saying they had been looking forward to getting on the floor and showing off their moves, but after hearing some of the records that ABBA are planning on playing they are starting to worry that they're more likely to fall asleep than dance whistling.gif:P

Really looking forward to this now and have already started going through some records and trying to get my playbox ready. Of course I'll change my mind about what to take every day and then do my usual panic on the night and 30mins before I should be leaving the house will be acting like a mad man ripping through piles of 45s searching for one 'must take' tune that I can't believe I didn't put in the playbox. After finally finding it and lovingly putting it in the playbox I will, of course, totally forget it's in there and not play it anyway........sadly that's a pretty accurate description of what happens everytime I'm DJing somewhere :lol:.

Had an email from Dean's Dancers earlier, very nice bunch they are. Said they were looking forward to showing off their moves. It's been 4 years since they last got the chance to grace the dancefloor at a soul event and they were worried that they wouldn't know any of the stuff played as it had been so long...................but Dean had kindly sent them some CDs of stuff the Attic crew plan to play so they could get to know them, turns out it's exactly the same stuff as 4 years ago so they're all a bit more relaxed now :wicked::D.

Kev horribly accused me earlier in the thread of priming the dancers, an accusation carrying no truth to it at all......... I was merely trying to emotionally blackmail them into supporting Move On. I have yet to receive my letter of apology from Kev, I'm sure it will be arriving with me soon though. The dancers at Rugby don't need priming as they have always danced to quality records irrespective of whether they know them or not and to suggest I would stoop so low has left a sour taste in my mouth :rolleyes::shades:

Edited by Guest

Aww Matt, if only you weren't too scared to come and say hello to me I could have been one of your dancers. I've got my own tambourine and everything :wink::laugh:

That's what Tats said after meeting you Saturday:laugh: .Bring the tambourine,i'd like to see you bashing away on it.

Saw Justin at Prest btw - in the tent room.:ohmy: .He admitted he was lost.:laugh:

But I didn't take my tambourine to Retford...:chinstroke: Oh, he must've meant my maracas :blush:

I had an email from Dean's dancing troupe saying they had been looking forward to getting on the floor and showing off their moves, but after hearing some of the records that ABBA are planning on playing they are starting to worry that they're more likely to fall asleep than dance whistling:tongue:

Had an email from Dean's Dancers earlier, very nice bunch they are. Said they were looking forward to showing off their moves. It's been 4 years since they last got the chance to grace the dancefloor at a soul event and they were worried that they wouldn't know any of the stuff played as it had been so long...................but Dean had kindly sent them some CDs of stuff the Attic crew plan to play so they could get to know them, turns out it's exactly the same stuff as 4 years ago so they're all a bit more relaxed now :wicked::D.

:hatsoff2: Hats off to your wit. Just back from Portugal so been missing this lively banter.

I did just want to reassure people out there we will be playing some quality 'freestyle' northern soul, not just swapping jokes and insults on the night. I've just picked up some great portugese folk 45s in the hills around south west portugal. Did recruit further to the Deanettes whilst there too......

AquarelaAlbum.jpg

They're new to NS dancing and don't have time to take in some of the quality classes on offer now in the UK so Kev, Steve, Paul, Garry, and Mak will team up them to show 'em a few moves. I as usual will take the odd one left and show her some table action.

By the way Move Off DJs, liking the line up for you next night on 16 April, Johnnies Manship and Fingers, must see if I can make that. When JM came to ours we had a great night, don't know how many he's managed to find from the wants list he left with

whistling

Further by the way, there's really good odds at William Hill for a double, Attic to fill the floor and New Zealand to win the world cup

:beer:

I did just want to reassure people out there we will be playing some quality 'freestyle' northern soul, not just swapping jokes and insults on the night. I've just picked up some great portugese folk 45s in the hills around south west portugal. Did recruit further to the Deanettes whilst there too......

This is true, we will all be playing some quality stuff as well as having some good fun and bit of banter....I might even be seen on the dancefloor myself, though thats not really a pleasant sight and possibly not the best selling point for the night biggrin.gif. But if those new portugese recruits to the Deanettes turn up I might just let Dean spend the whole night DJing and just enjoy the view :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest

Guest Matt Male

Thanks for the PM Dean. Unfortunately none of possess a copy of Ray Agee, but it's nice you've adopted it as the Attic theme tune.... (and no i don't mean Hard Loving Woman) huh.gif

Although i did find it on refosoul thumbsup.gif

RAY AGEE - I'M LOSING AGAIN -

Thanks for the PM Dean. Unfortunately none of possess a copy of Ray Agee, but it's nice you've adopted it as the Attic theme tune.... (and no i don't mean Hard Loving Woman) huh.gif

Although i did find it on refosoul thumbsup.gif

RAY AGEE - I'M LOSING AGAIN -

Hi Matt, really lookin' forward to your spot, hope you don't mind if I take a few notes to feed-back where you can improve. I think it would be a good development opportunity for Move on to look upon this as a learning opportunitylaugh.gif . The adopted Ray Agee tune for the Attic I mentioned in that pm (hypocrite.gif ) was It's A Helluva Thing.

On a slightly more serious note - I am looking forward to your spot, want to hear what you're going play to put is in our places. get you a beer.gif on the night. Very much looking forward to being part of this night.

Well being totally impartial I'm going to heckle and boo both teams.laugh.gif

Should be a really good night in the Freestyle room.

See you all in 10 more days thumbup.gif

laugh.gif:hatsoff2:

Think that's very fair Tabs.

Guest Matt Male

On a slightly more serious note - I am looking forward to your spot, want to hear what you're going play to put is in our places. get you a beer.gif on the night. Very much looking forward to being part of this night.

Thanks Dean. As the junior member of the Move On squad, i'll humbly spin my offerings before passing the ball to Killa to score the winner thumbsup.gif

It'll be a great night, the true winners will be the lovers of rare soul who frequent the freestyle room yes.gif

Thanks Dean. As the junior member of the Move On squad, i'll humbly spin my offerings before passing the ball to Killa to score the winner thumbsup.gif

It'll be a great night, the true winners will be the lovers of rare soul who frequent the freestyle room yes.gif

Amen to that Matt.....innocent.gif .Not seen Killa since Lifeline ,or Adam.Only spoke once to the blonde bombshell (Pat) at Burnley,and had Willie (Soulgrit) eulogising over her collection.

Be nice to meet up with you Matt..thumbsup.gif

Edited by KevH

Top of page, so here goes with play times...:lol:

MAIN ROOM

8 - 9 Matt Smart

9 - 10.15 Mrs Soul

10.15 - 11.15 Rob Smith

11.15 - 12.15 Arthur Fenn

12.15 - 1.15 Dave Rimmer

1.15 - 2 Adam

2 - 3 Matt Smart

3 - 4 Arthur Fenn