2010-04-10: Rugby Allnighter

Thanks Dean. As the junior member of the Move On squad, i'll humbly spin my offerings before passing the ball to Killa to score the winner :thumbsup:

It'll be a great night, the true winners will be the lovers of rare soul who frequent the freestyle room :yes:

Spot on mate :thumbsup:.

Well apart from you being the junior member of Move On, that's most certainly me......by about 10yrs I reckon :D.

Amen to that Matt.....innocent.gif .Not seen Killa since Lifeline ,or Adam.Only spoke once to the blonde bombshell (Pat) at Burnley,and had Willie (Soulgrit) eulogising over her collection.

Be nice to meet up with you Matt..:yes:

Not me at Lifeline Kev, missed the last one. Think it was the last Rugby niter, though I was embarassingly smashed and most likely just spouted some random gibberish at you before wondering away?? I do remember Dean getting a blinding record off Col though, Grier Brothers on Melody Disc if my memory is right Dean? Awesome stuff and one I'm looking forward to hearing played out on the night :thumbsup:

Any of Team Attic going to Stafford on Sunday? Full Move On team will be there, be good to see any of you that make it :yes:

• Replies 247
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Spot on mate thumbsup.gif.

Well apart from you being the junior member of Move On, that's most certainly me......by about 10yrs I reckon biggrin.gif.

Not me at Lifeline Kev, missed the last one. Think it was the last Rugby niter, though I was embarassingly smashed and most likely just spouted some random gibberish at you before wondering away?? I do remember Dean getting a blinding record off Col though, Grier Brothers on Melody Disc if my memory is right Dean? Awesome stuff and one I'm looking forward to hearing played out on the night thumbsup.gif

Any of Team Attic going to Stafford on Sunday? Full Move On team will be there, be good to see any of you that make it yes.gif

Yes ,Rugby was the last time i saw you.It was Steve who bagged the Grier Bros (got him a deal on it,still waiting for me beersad.gif ).As for you spouting rubbish etc...don't worry mate,you were in good company...laugh.gif

Just arrived thumbsup.gif:laugh:

That's the spirit Phil - make week of it.!!!!:laugh: ."Get some extra milk and bread in Sian".

Got some interesting bits to play,alongside the other tat that i call soul.:laugh: .Going to juggle the sets about.

Bit of Northern here,bit of Southern there,smattering of rough soul......a classic or one...maybe even a Daptone tune :ohmy: that no-one seems to play.:chinstroke:,,,,,my only cover-up (won't stay covered for long in that room :rolleyes: ).

........Kev.thumbsup.gif

That's the spirit Phil - make week of it.!!!!:laugh: ."Get some extra milk and bread in Sian".

Got some interesting bits to play,alongside the other tat that i call soul.:laugh: .Going to juggle the sets about.

Bit of Northern here,bit of Southern there,smattering of rough soul...... a classic or one...maybe even a Daptone tune :ohmy: that no-one seems to play.:chinstroke:,,,,,my only cover-up (won't stay covered for long in that room :rolleyes: ).

........Kev.thumbsup.gif

Oh Kev, we don't like it rough in the South London Massive :ohmy: Is it OK if me & my maracas sit those ones out?

Mind you, we could always be persuaded over to the Move On dark side at Stifford tomorrow. If the lads can pluck up the courage to say hello obviously :rolleyes:

That's the spirit Phil - make week of it.!!!!:lol: ."Get some extra milk and bread in Sian".

Got some interesting bits to play,alongside the other tat that i call soul.:D .Going to juggle the sets about.

Bit of Northern here,bit of Southern there,smattering of rough soul......a classic or one...maybe even a Daptone tune ohmy.gif that no-one seems to play.g.gif,,,,,my only cover-up (won't stay covered for long in that room rolleyes.gif ).

........Kev.thumbsup.gif

What would be good Kev is if you juggle with 45s from your playbox whilst DJing, old style proper entertainment that would be :yes:. To add an extra bit of excitement any 45 dropped whilst being juggled gets given to the nearest dancer to be thrown frisbee style across the room :D:lol:.

Was chatting to Killa yesterday and he's really looking forward to next weekend, as is Pat.....and the closer it gets the more excited I am about it, feel like a kid waiting for xmas to arrive :lol:.

Kev.....if you want to add some fun to the thread why don't you post up a soundfile of your cover up and we can all guess who it actually is???? In spirit of fairness, I've only got one cover up as well and if you post yours up then I'll do the same :lol::D

Guest Matt Male

Oh Kev, we don't like it rough in the South London Massive :ohmy: Is it OK if me & my maracas sit those ones out?

Mind you, we could always be persuaded over to the Move On dark side at Stifford tomorrow. If the lads can pluck up the courage to say hello obviously :rolleyes:

I think i'm going to set you the task of finding and saying hello to me Theresa. I'll be either in the record bar or most likely the spirit room... or will i be? whistling

I think i'm going to set you the task of finding and saying hello to me Theresa. I'll be either in the record bar or most likely the spirit room... or will i be? whistling.gif

Well, with a cunningly executed plan last night at Stifford of complimenting my pun genius until I was putty in his hands, and then being all strict and teacher-like, Matt Male has definitely persuaded me to get on down with Move On...

Although, ever mindful of the fickle nature of the fairer sex, there's a strong chance I could be bought back by the Attic boys for a Toffee Crisp whistling.gif

Alternatively, if no resolution can be found by Saturday, Kylee and I have decided that we'll be the Mata Hari of the Freestyle Room and dance as double agents ph34r.gif

Guest Matt Male

Well, with a cunningly executed plan last night at Stifford of complimenting my pun genius until I was putty in his hands, and then being all strict and teacher-like, Matt Male has definitely persuaded me to get on down with Move On...

Stifford? ph34r.gif

Good to meet you at last Theresa and Justin, and a couple more you introduced me too, forgot their names though .rolleyes.gif

Never did find In House Mikey sad.gif

Edited by Matt Male

Stifford? ph34r.gif

Good to meet you at last Theresa and Dean, and a couple more you introduced me too, forgot their names though .rolleyes.gif

Never did find In House Mikey sad.gif

What about In town Mikey?.Hope you're meeting with Theresa went to plan.( nobbling the punters,and plying them with chocolate bribesno.gif )..but when she see's the size of me toffee crisp,you're history..laugh.gif .

Back slightly on "topic" - (see what i did there,chocolate....oh forget itrolleyes.gif )....hope to play some stuff that doesn't get out much.Stuff that's in the back of the box,things that don't get the plays they deserve.Nowt big and famous....just freestyle.....

Gettin' kinda close now. Must get the Atttic massive (in mansfield) around for a confer. Was sortin' a box out last night, looking like gritty soul and big ballads early on with a more 60s nighter slant mid way through . . . . . . . or is that a red herringunsure.gif ?

Have to get the lads round to put their big guns on the table and compare, just hope the table is strong enough. Looking forward to a night of high spirits and quality music. Confident that the Move On crew will be performing at the top end, hoping we can compliment and add our own flavour. You may notice us not being so braggish as the date nears!

Guest Mrs Simsy

This thread has made me laugh but it's not nearly as smutty as it normally is, wheres Theresa & Del?:thumbsup:

Looking forward to Saturday, just about recovering from Stafford now!:lol:

Guest Matt Male

Gettin' kinda close now. Must get the Atttic massive (in mansfield) around for a confer. Was sortin' a box out last night, looking like gritty soul and big ballads early on with a more 60s nighter slant mid way through . . . . . . . or is that a red herringunsure.gif ?

Have to get the lads round to put their big guns on the table and compare, just hope the table is strong enough. Looking forward to a night of high spirits and quality music. Confident that the Move On crew will be performing at the top end, hoping we can compliment and add our own flavour. You may notice us not being so braggish as the date nears!

You should be alright mate, but whatever you do don't get into an argument with Adam about his prices... ph34r.gif

This thread has made me laugh but it's not nearly as smutty as it normally is, wheres Theresa & Del?laugh.gif

Just quietly regrouping after Stifford, ready for a last minute smut-a-thon laugh.gif Now where's the Major when I need him for an orgy of double entendres? g.gif

Heard you were sorting a box out last night.Coming round to your's later with a bottle of the very best Plonk (if that doesn't get Mr.Churm out the house nothing will.).

But i'm not putting my gun on the table,it would look like a

pea shooter (reader reference point) at the side of you lot's howitzer's.

If Move On are top end,are we bottom end?.I don't mind.Just like to ask.

Theresa,i'm not entering in to your double entrendre heaven.

Heard you were sorting a box out last night.Coming round to your's later with a bottle of the very best Plonk (if that doesn't get Mr.Churm out the house nothing will.).

But i'm not putting my gun on the table,it would look like a

pea shooter (reader reference point) at the side of you lot's howitzer's.

If Move On are top end,are we bottom end?.I don't mind.Just like to ask.

Theresa,i'm not entering in to your double entrendre heaven.

A bottle of Lambrini between four , thats you lot pissed then :thumbsup:

This thread has made me laugh but it's not nearly as smutty as it normally is, wheres Theresa & Del?:thumbsup:

They can't get a word in edgeways with them boys...

Sian (Rugby Soul Club), on Ken's account.

Its not fair i can't play this weekend, my lifts not going this week so have to attend the stoppy in club sad.gif

Are you Cheshire? Was thinking we could hoof Garry out of the car and pick you up, but don't think that's going to work. We are considering paying transport costs for Attic dancersyes.gif

Can't wait for this, but i've had a bit of a dilemma regarding the free basing room, Move On v The Attic, as I know all the guy's from both team's, I thought that the best thing to do would be to be neutral, but after a long hard think about it (about two second's) I have to support my best mucca who is the only lady dj'ing, sorry Attic guy'slaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif , come on the Move On teamthumbup.gif.

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit

Can't wait for this, but i've had a bit of a dilemma regarding the free basing room, Move On v The Attic, as I know all the guy's from both team's, I thought that the best thing to do would be to be neutral, but after a long hard think about it (about two second's) I have to support my best mucca who is the only lady dj'ing, sorry Attic guy'slaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif , come on the Move On teamthumbup.gif.

Willie

Hmm, don't know about you Move On guys, but having a Little Willie behind me always makes me slightly nervous huh.gif

More importantly, what's the dress code on Saturday?

Hmm, don't know about you Move On guys, but having a Little Willie behind me always makes me slightly nervous huh.gif

animal%20costumes%20_%20CottenceauDipl01_3.jpg Thats me sorted

Edited by Dean

Those Harvey Nics designer people have not only nailed your Northern Soul dress code for sat night, they've also leaked The Move On set list!

The Northern soul sub-culture of New Order, Happy Monday's and The Stone Roses were riding the crest of a wave on the 80s music scene. Big fashion logo's were in and Marc O'Polo sweatshirts the item of clothing that every clubkid was wearing.

Being a northern boy myself and having mis-spent some of my youth in and around the Freestyle room at Rugby, Marc O'Polo was always a brand close to my heart. This season Harvey Nichols will be reminiscing with a capsule 'Heritage' collection, to include the iconic Marc O'Polo logo sweatshirt. Perfect teamed with a pair of the super-soft denim jeans, (2009's are ripped, shredded, frayed and bleached), and a fresh pair of espadrilles.

Marc O'Polo Logo Sweatshirts, £70 each

FASHION_LIBRARY_MOP1_medres.JPG

WELL ITS NEARLY UPON US,THE EVENT OF THE YEAR :lol:

IF YOUR GOOD I MAY BEND ME EAR ROUND TO TAKE IN BATTLE OF SOUL IN FREEBASING thumbsup.gif

BUT WHO TO SUPPORT??? :yes:

ANYWAYS SORTED MY TUNAGE, BUT A BIT GUTTED, THAT ONE AINT COME YET, JUST GOTTA DECIDE THE ORDER, AND WONDERING HOW TO STAND IN BOTH ROOMS AT THE SAME TIME, WITH SO MUCH GOIN ON, AND CANT MISS MR FENN,SEE YOU ALL SAT!

WELL ITS NEARLY UPON US,THE EVENT OF THE YEAR :lol:

IF YOUR GOOD I MAY BEND ME EAR ROUND TO TAKE IN BATTLE OF SOUL IN FREEBASING thumbsup.gif

BUT WHO TO SUPPORT??? :yes:

ANYWAYS SORTED MY TUNAGE, BUT A BIT GUTTED, THAT ONE AINT COME YET, JUST GOTTA DECIDE THE ORDER, AND WONDERING HOW TO STAND IN BOTH ROOMS AT THE SAME TIME, WITH SO MUCH GOIN ON, AND CANT MISS MR FENN,SEE YOU ALL SAT!

Not that I want to put her under pressure or anything :lol:

But the Move On / Attic room, is just a side show when compared to Mrs Soul's allnighter debut !

Hmm, don't know about you Move On guys, but having a Little Willie behind me always makes me slightly nervous :huh:

Or maybe disappointed whistling:laugh:, this do Theresa, a little bit of smut that's been missing on this thread :laugh:.

Edited by Soulgrit

The burger van can't be there this time as he's got a gig with his band...

I'm hoping to set up teas and coffees in the entrance for those who still want them...plan to nick the water boiler from the kitchen and bully my eldest lad into helping...wink.gif

See if you can nick a barbecue as well, then you can stand outside cooking burgers laugh.gif:lol: :lol:

I'll go and hide now I think !

The burger van can't be there this time as he's got a gig with his band...

I'm hoping to set up teas and coffees in the entrance for those who still want them...plan to nick the water boiler from the kitchen and bully my eldest lad into helping...wink.gif

Attic lads can staff the boiler when Move on are on the decksph34r.gif

Guest ang b

Are you Cheshire? Was thinking we could hoof Garry out of the car and pick you up, but don't think that's going to work. We are considering paying transport costs for Attic dancersyes.gif

laugh.gif yes nantwich, thanks for the thought anyway, thumbsup.gif , have had a txt today & ive 50/50 chance pete (my lift) might be able to make it

Guest kevnewry

HAVE A GREAT TIME ONE AND ALL.......... Wish i could be movin on up the atticph34r.gif but alas i cant this monthsad.gif

Behave those that need to be told and those that dont......... see the rest of you in Junethumbsup.gif

Source Advert