2010-04-10: Rugby Allnighter

Rugby All-niter Sat 10th April

Event Date: 10-April 10 (Single Day Event)

8pm - 6am

The Benn Hall, Newbold Road, Rugby, Warks. CV21 2LQ.

Two roomed venue

Resident DJ's.....Adam.....Dave Rimmer.....Matt Smart

Main Room DJ's.....Arthur Fenn.....Rob Smith.....Mrs Soul

Freestyle Room DJ's.....The Freestyle Room will be taken over this time by "The Attic" and "Move On"

DJs are: Dean, Garry, Kev, Steve - Pat, Adam, Matt, Killa

£10 before 9pm - £12 after 9pm.

Advance tickets. 07817732468 / 01788 541516

Large sprung wooden dance floor.

Record dealers welcome.

Large car park.

Capacity 360.

Further info: web-site: www.rugbysoulclub.co.uk

E-mail: rugbysoulclub@hotmail.com

Memberships available.

link to event guide post

https://www.soul-sour...r/2/event-14834

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 247
  • Views 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Rugby All-niter Sat 10th April

Event Date: 10-April 10 (Single Day Event)

8pm - 6am

The Benn Hall, Newbold Road, Rugby, Warks. CV21 2LQ.

Two roomed venue

Resident DJ's.....Adam.....Dave Rimmer.....Matt Smart

Main Room DJ's.....Arthur Fenn.....Rob Smith.....Mrs Soul

Freestyle Room DJ's.....The Freestyle Room will be taken over this time by "The Attic" and "Move On"

DJs are: Dean, Garry, Kev, Steve - Pat, Adam, Matt, Killa

£10 before 9pm - £12 after 9pm.

Advance tickets. 07817732468 / 01788 541516

Large sprung wooden dance floor.

Record dealers welcome.

Large car park.

Capacity 360.

Further info: web-site: www.rugbysoulclub.co.uk

E-mail: rugbysoulclub@hotmail.com

Memberships available.

link to event guide post

https://www.soul-sour...r/2/event-14834

Counting the days Sian before the big :boxing: in the Freestyle room.!!!!:D

This thread should be interesting with lots of sensible and interlectual interchanges between the two camps, along with the usual stuff going onhuh.gifph34r.gif

Looking forward to the night rather alotthumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gif

Nothing camp about our camp.Don't know about their camp tho'. biggrin.gif

Guest kevnewry

Nothing camp about our camp.Don't know about their camp tho'. biggrin.gif

There's far too much camping going on here for my liking.....laugh.gif

Whatever camp you're in have fun............................... I'm off to buy a tent for June..thumbsup.gif

Date wrong in title.. says 4th April.... :yes:

Thanks Steve...thumbsup.gif

Thats when they they all start to turn up at Sians.whistling.gif

laugh.gif...:no:

Sorry folks, I didn't even know I was posting the thread live...:lol:

I know that sounds daft but Mike was testing out a new way of posting up the allniter stuff and he asked me to do ours.

I thought it was a test run and not the real thing...:lol:

I'll try and sort it now.

Guest jumitja

really looking forward to this onethumbsup.gif ,cant wait to hear move on kick ass in the freestyle room .attic crew you aint got a chance .:boxing:whistling:laugh:]

its going to be a top fookin night :wicked::thumbup:

Not that we ever advocate beating the freestyle DJs Tim. I find a light thwack with a willow cane is perfectly sufficient to keep them in order.

The line up does indeed look absolutely top hole.

Depends who's giving and who's receiving.

I should have known with you lot, that this thread would sink very quickly into the gutter...ohmy.gif

The ladies don't even need to try this time...rolleyes.gif

No behave and stay on topic...nono.gif

Resisting the gags (ph34r.gif ). How does this V's thing work. Are my team going to be looking disgusted as I dance away to Pat, Adam, Matt and Killa, and look all g.gif at their offerings? I can at least have a tag situation going on with the lycra clad Mr Churm, so if I'm getting my ass kicked (as you ruffians say) I'll just reach out and touch him and bring him on, he's got a tougher ass than me.

I do hope we can all be friends afterwards, when Move on have been humbled by the underdogs from upstairs thumbup.gif .

Very much looking forward to it, think it's going to be a great night in that room . . . . . . . . . .now to ebay for some records to play!

WANTED Dancers for the freestyle room.

Must be prepared to dance to all records played by the Attic DJ's and then to sit down with arms folded, glaring at the Move On boys (and girl).

Remuneration for the above in the form of free drinks all night from BigPaul or alternatively, payment in kind courtesy of KevH ( this must be negotiated in person and has nothing whatsoever to do with me)

Before anyone laughs this is a serious proposition as the strategy has been employed successfully in the past by our very own Deano at Select Soul, when he blew Mark Bicknell away in terms of dance floor reaction by employing his own "dancing troop" who ripped the floor up for Deans entire spot before disapearing into the night when the real DJ's came on ph34r.gifohmy.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

Must be prepared to dance to all records played by the Attic DJ's and then to sit down with arms folded, glaring at the Move On boys (and girl).

Remuneration for the above in the form of free drinks all night from BigPaul or alternatively, payment in kind courtesy of KevH ( this must be negotiated in person and has nothing whatsoever to do with me)

Before anyone laughs this is a serious proposition as the strategy has been employed successfully in the past by our very own Deano at Select Soul, when he blew Mark Bicknell away in terms of dance floor reaction by employing his own "dancing troop" who ripped the floor up for Deans entire spot before disapearing into the night when the real DJ's came on ph34r.gifohmy.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

Do you think it might be better to not call ourselves Attic DJs, I kinda think the term DJ may raise unrealstic expectations. It would be good to see the Deanettes again, problem is I didn't pay up last time. As I recall they hadn't been to northern soul dance classes. I don't drink much these days but am interested in the offer you make on behalf of Kev, how many dances for a foot massage? Where's that pillow to bite.

Just been into Ladbrokes in the Market Square, Nottingham (Cheltenham Gold cup tomorrow, do they have TV in North Wales yet?) you can get really good odds on Kev clearing the room.

Before anyone laughs this is a serious proposition as the strategy has been employed successfully in the past by our very own Deano at Select Soul, when he blew Mark Bicknell away in terms of dance floor reaction by employing his own "dancing troop" who ripped the floor up for Deans entire spot before disapearing into the night when the real DJ's came on :ph34r::ohmy::smile::D

If you can arrange a podium, or pole, then I'm the dancer for you. Just not this time as I'll be elsewhere this particular weekend.

Do you think it might be better to not call ourselves Attic DJs, I kinda think the term DJ may raise unrealstic expectations. It would be good to see the Deanettes again, problem is I didn't pay up last time. As I recall they hadn't been to northern soul dance classes. I don't drink much these days but am interested in the offer you make on behalf of Kev, how many dances for a foot massage? Where's that pillow to bite.

Just been into Ladbrokes in the Market Square, Nottingham (Cheltenham Gold cup tomorrow, do they have TV in North Wales yet?) you can get really good odds on Kev clearing the room.

In my defence,the "room clearing " was done in the best possible taste.In other words - no oldies for the oldies crowd laugh.gif .(well,none they knew anyhow!!).

I know how to read the roomlaugh.gif .

Quite funny watching them walk out tho'.But those days are behind me now.unsure.gif .Honest.

Sorted , The Attic supporters all-nighters club will be attendance, so no of you naughty peoples had better call my boys camp. Or whip them with a cane , unless you tie them spread-eagled to the dance floor first . Just because they drink shandy people get the wrong idea. GO ATTIC GO , CHAR CHAR CHAR.

My first niter for 7 yrs , really can't wait , it has a buzz about it.

Tony

I found this on another thread, shamefully off topic for that thread, something should really be done about it.

I'm really looking forward to it and the format for the night is perfect as the two clubs take hourly turns behind the decks.....an hour of dancing to the blistering brilliance of Move On, followed by an hour to get bit of fresh air, have a drink and chat with the fellow smokers outside and generally relax and recouperate ready for the next hour of dancing to Move On....and I'd like to thank the Attic boys in advance for being kind enough to play some lift music in between the Move On DJs as without Kev, Dean, Garry and Steve's contribution there would be no time to get off the dancefloor for a breather hatsoff2.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

It also turns out that Move on have guests representing them in the form of Pat Bleasdale. That has to be good news for everyone concerned and credit to those Move On people for getting in such a wonderful quality ringer to bolster their performance.

We gave the contest a more fair unbiased shout out on the radio at prestatyn. Another good example of our confidence and sense of public service was demonstrated by Kev also giving out the TV listings to the listening hoards.

I'll bear the paragraph above in mind when sorting out a box for this night (dig out that alt take of The Girl from Ipanema no.gif ). We (The Attic public service broadcasting agency) will not be engaing in underhand deceitful tactics. Our aim will be to compliment the quite acceptable tunes that will be played by our friends from Move Off, to the benefit of the feet and ears of the wonderful beautiful people who will hopefully be there to hear us.

Looking forward to the blistering brilliance (aka Pat).

see you soon, Dean.

Guest BigPaul

Has anyone seen my new Photograph only bookwink.gif

Recently taken on the North Wales coastyes.gif

Not sure of the title yetshades.gif

Three weenies in a chalet?

Three do Prestatyn in a single bed?

3 expose on the North Wales Coast?

The Attic sheep rustlers on tour?

All photos are copyright to BigPaul Bluer than Blue Productions

and must not be changed or altered in any waywicked.gif cos i've

already done itlamsey.giflaugh.gif

Edited by BigPaul

Guest Matt Male

see you soon, Dean.

laugh.gif

I reckon Pat counts as a Move Oner, she's guested for us three times. Funnily enough we've now got Johnny Fingers miffed at us he wasn't invited seeing as he is now Killa's replacement as resident. When we have the quality of someone like Fingers queueing up for a go, you know it'll be a quality night.

Gonna be an absolute top night and possibly one of the highlights of the year (for me anyway). beer.gif

Doesn't matter who comes out on top, the real winners will be the people who come in to enjoy the Freestyle room. thumbup.gif

Guest Mrs Simsy

anyway when all you pussies in the freestyle have finished.... :thumbup:

I ,m really excited about the main room.. was chatting to Rob Smith the other day and he says we will rock it :thumbsup:

but I,m extremely nervous as well, this will be my first alniter :thumbsup:

We'll be right by your side Lou.wink.gif

Looking forward to Ruggers too. I'm gonna need a holiday after all this going out in April!:yes:

Sorted , The Attic supporters all-nighters club will be attendance, so no of you naughty peoples had better call my boys camp. Or whip them with a cane , unless you tie them spread-eagled to the dance floor first . Just because they drink shandy people get the wrong idea. GO ATTIC GO , CHAR CHAR CHAR.

My first niter for 7 yrs , really can't wait , it has a buzz about it.

Tony

Are you sure you can't make it Kirsty? I thought you could maybe reprise your famous role as cheerleader for Gaz Kellett at the 100 Club, but this time instead of embroidering your gusset with 'Kellett', perhaps something along the lines of 'I Like It Up The Attic'?

I think everyone's entitled to some firm support yes.gif

Are you sure you can't make it Kirsty? I thought you could maybe reprise your famous role as cheerleader for Gaz Kellett at the 100 Club, but this time instead of embroidering your gusset with 'Kellett', perhaps something along the lines of 'I Like It Up The Attic'?

I think everyone's entitled to some firm support yes.gif

Def can't make it this time Tee as I'll be cheerleading, dancing and being a general all round pain in the arse at Soul Essence biggrin.gif

I take it you'll be encased in your Gok Wan shapewear.... that offers firm support wherever its needed ph34r.gif

I found this on another thread, shamefully off topic for that thread, something should really be done about it.

I'm really looking forward to it and the format for the night is perfect as the two clubs take hourly turns behind the decks.....an hour of dancing to the blistering brilliance of Move On, followed by an hour to get bit of fresh air, have a drink and chat with the fellow smokers outside and generally relax and recouperate ready for the next hour of dancing to Move On....and I'd like to thank the Attic boys in advance for being kind enough to play some lift music in between the Move On DJs as without Kev, Dean, Garry and Steve's contribution there would be no time to get off the dancefloor for a breather hatsoff2.gif

:D:lol: :lol: :lol:

It also turns out that Move on have guests representing them in the form of Pat Bleasdale. That has to be good news for everyone concerned and credit to those Move On people for getting in such a wonderful quality ringer to bolster their performance.

We gave the contest a more fair unbiased shout out on the radio at prestatyn. Another good example of our confidence and sense of public service was demonstrated by Kev also giving out the TV listings to the listening hoards.

I'll bear the paragraph above in mind when sorting out a box for this night (dig out that alt take of The Girl from Ipanema no.gif ). We (The Attic public service broadcasting agency) will not be engaing in underhand deceitful tactics. Our aim will be to compliment the quite acceptable tunes that will be played by our friends from Move Off, to the benefit of the feet and ears of the wonderful beautiful people who will hopefully be there to hear us.

see you soon, Dean.

Hi Dean,

If you could let me know who posted that extremely honest unfair paragraph about you guys then I'll have a word with them and point out that the Attic Boys Broadcasting Agency (to save typing time henceforth known as ABBA) do not play lift music and are in fact proper DJs playing proper records.....and that some of those records are actually fairly good :D:lol:

Really looking forward to this now, it's going to be a night of good laughs and great music. Heard all you guys DJ at least once on my visits to the Attic and joking aside I'm looking forward to your spots as well..........but despite that I'm still going to carry on taking the p*ss out of you all.......in a nice friendly kind of way of course :lol:

As for Pat, she's Move On through and through and has honourary resident DJ status.......cos she can DJ at our place anytime she wants :yes:. Plus she's kick ass brilliant and has some amazing records....... I almost feel sorry for you guys having to compete against her and of course Killa is pretty damn good as well :no:

"Move On Vs The Attic" boxing.gif

Think I'm gonna have to employ a pacemaker for this one, ohmy.gif

So as not to over do it. yes.gif

Tom. laugh.gif

No need Tom.Be like us.Chilled out.

After reading the Crossover thread hypo.gif ,i don't know me funk from me elbow.All i know is that some of those black round things will be being played.No shiny 5" silver ones in sight.

Well,not from TeamAttic anyway.thumbup.gif Dirty,ghetto, funky,goth Northern anyone?

Guest Matt Male

and of course Killa is pretty damn good as well :thumbup:

Ah yes, Killa happens to be on top form at the moment, the other week at Bishops Wood was the best i've heard yet from him and i've heard him lots of times before. Pat played a couple on Friday that had me searching the net when i got home as well. Already putting a playbox together, some i'll play out this Saturday at Sonic Soul. thumbsup.gif

Will we gain an advantage if we bring our banner along....? :ph34r:

Guest Bearsy

anyway when all you pussies in the freestyle have finished.... shades

I ,m really excited about the main room.. was chatting to Rob Smith the other day and he says we will rock it :thumbup:

but I,m extremely nervous as well, this will be my first alniter :sweatingbullets:

you will be brilliant Lou and we will be there to cheer you on :hatsoff2: then back to the battle of the bands room for the handbags and top tunes :laugh:

Guest nubes

Just wondering if i will get a fooking foto of me this time...or will I...a Rugby legend ....be ignored AGAIN!!!!!!...if i am ...noo fooker is getting their sweets....be afraid ...be very afraid!!!!!!!!!!!,,Delxxxxx

Just wondering if i will get a fooking foto of me this time...or will I...a Rugby legend ....be ignored AGAIN!!!!!!...if i am ...noo fooker is getting their sweets ....be afraid ...be very afraid!!!!!!!!!!!,,Delxxxxx

Hey candy pants - and the difference this will make to me is...? I seem to recall my sweet requirements being misplaced last time. Let's just say it's two strikes and you're out laugh.giflaugh.gif

In that case you can say goodbye to any Oreo's.:wicked:

Just wondering if i will get a fooking foto of me this time...or will I...a Rugby legend ....be ignored AGAIN!!!!!!...if i am ...noo fooker is getting their sweets....be afraid ...be very afraid!!!!!!!!!!!,,Delxxxxx

Guest Northern PhanTom

No need Tom.Be like us.Chilled out.

After reading the Crossover thread hypo.gif ,i don't know me funk from me elbow.All i know is that some of those black round things will be being played.No shiny 5" silver ones in sight.

Well,not from TeamAttic anyway.thumbup.gif Dirty,ghetto, funky,goth Northern anyone?

I'm feeling more relaxed all ready and those 5" silver things you mentioned, the only time Ive ever spotted any

those at Rugby, is about once a year when a "SWEET" lady on the door is dishing them out. whistling.gif

You'd lost that much weight I couldn't find you...:yes:

I thought I'd better show my face on here to say hi, as this month's well busy and I don't want you to think I'm neglecting you all...:thumbsup:

Source Advert