Wayne Gibson - Under My Thumb - Coloumbia - 45 Rpm

• Replies 19
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

180297953697.jpg

My mate has one of these in his collection , BUT it never get's played out nowadays , personally it's a youth club oldie for me BUT what do you lot think ??? thumbsup.gifno.gif

Pop record it is, but at the latter end of 1973 it was one of the biggest floor fillers in the country.

I will admit to liking it at the time, but when was put out by Pye on the Disco Demand label a year or so later.

Plus being on top of the pops, it became a big no-no.

Social source share

180297953697.jpg

My mate has one of these in his collection , BUT it never get's played out nowadays , personally it's a youth club oldie for me BUT what do you lot think ??? thumbsup.gifno.gif

Also I got shortly after this was big, the version by April Silva on Commonweath and I think it turned out she was white as well.laugh.gif

Social source share

180297953697.jpg

My mate has one of these in his collection , BUT it never get's played out nowadays , personally it's a youth club oldie for me BUT what do you lot think ??? :hatsoff2:no.gif

Definitely one of the records that got me into NS:ph34r: although not soul by a long shot

Great backing track seem to remember some chimes in a version?

and a dancers delight:thumbsup:

Social source share

I got PAID £5 to play this at the last Bridlington Weekender -money to the Bluebell Wood Hospice--and it PACKED the main floor Sunday nightthumbsup.gif

I have a soft spot for it---and don't anyone say the quicksand on Cleggy beach !

Rob

Ps sad but true I have 4 copies , UK demo (as above, Disco Demand demo, US Pye WDJ and Austailian Astor):ph34r:

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert