2010-05-21: Burnley All Niter

well im pleased anyway..............cos 3 my very favourite ladies have agreed with melaugh.gif i hope they know who they are...ohmy.gif ..........and joan, i still love you tooyes.gif ...........barries only mistake was to say" the burnley niter" is back after a short break. which it aintno.gif ............a "new burnley

niter "is starting.... ...good luck as i said earlier, and ...the niter is dead.......so ..........long live the new niter ......hatsoff2.gif ...ezzie

• Replies 95
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Neil Taylor

LET`S PUT THIS TO BED NOW,IT`S GETTING DAFT,GROWN MEN GOING ABOUT IT LIKE SCHOOL KIDS.

I THINK EVERYONE WHO WENT TO BURNLEY WILL ACKNOWLEDGE PHIL DID A SPECIAL JOB ON THE PLACE,HE GAVE US ALL NIGHTER PEOPLE WHAT WE WANTED.6TS SOUL DANCE MUSIC THROUGH THE NIGHT,LIKE IT WAS MENT TO BE PLAYED......LOUD AND HARD.....AND IT WAS DELIVERED BY PHIL AND HIS TEAM OF DJ`S MONTH AFTER MONTH

NOW PHIL THREW THE TOWEL IN,HE HAD ENOUGH AND ENDED IT.RESPECT TO HIM FOR WHAT HE STARTED.

SHAKESPEAR SAID........THE KING IS DEAD,LONG LIVE THE KING.

MAY THE NEXT BURNLEY ALL NIGHTER, LIVE UP TO WHAT AS GONE BEFORE IT.

LOVE & PEACE.

well im pleased anyway..............cos 3 my very favourite ladies have agreed with melaugh.gif i hope they know who they are...ohmy.gif ..........and joan, i still love you tooyes.gif ...........barries only mistake was to say" the burnley niter" is back after a short break. which it aintno.gif ............a "new burnley

niter "is starting.... ...good luck as i said earlier, and ...the niter is dead.......so ..........long live the new niter ......hatsoff2.gif ...ezzie

Absolutely Ezzie Monster :hatsoff2:

So lets just get on with looking forward to a new alnighter at an old venue :hatsoff2:

Phil booked people that he had never heard DJ before. How can anyone do that? laugh.gif

Plus there was a time when Phil would not even entertain a record if it wasn't shit rare and stupidly expensive.

Anyway, this is not Phil's thread it is Barries biggrin.gif

joan........phil asked me do an early spot, and i very rarely , and arent really , well deffo arent to be honest a proper dj....however ..i enjoyed it and hope my fellow cavers did to., especially the gigantic foul ups laugh.gif i enjoyed other similar non name guests ...he did so cos he was told i had

something to offer from folk he respected , .....think thats a good thing for the scene myself. cheers ezzie

BIDDS IS ON SATURDAY>>>>>>>>>GET THER YOU LOT>>>>>>>>> NO MORE FROM ME

Edited by ezzie brown
Guest gordon russell

Phil booked people that he had never heard DJ before. How can anyone do that? :laugh:

Plus there was a time when Phil would not even entertain a record if it wasn't shit rare and stupidly expensive.

Anyway, this is not Phil's thread it is Barries :D

HA HA...hello joany moany.........see ya there in JUNE TEZZAthumbsup.gif:laugh::D

Guest gordon russell

joan........phil asked me do an early spot, and i very rarely , and arent really , well deffo arent to be honest a proper dj....however ..i enjoyed it and hope my fellow cavers did to., especially the gigantic foul ups laugh.gif i enjoyed other similar non name guests ...he did so cos he was told i had

something to offer from folk he respected , .....think thats a good thing for the scene myself. cheers ezzie

BIDDS IS ON SATURDAY>>>>>>>>>GET THER YOU LOT>>>>>>>>> NO MORE FROM ME

Well said ezzwold you like a lot of the regulars gave the cave it,s unique sound.....whilst PHIL,ANDY,CLIFF,STUART,FRED and KARL gave it the big rare kicking sounds....the regulars filled the gaps with all the super stuff we loved........you,scotty,wigan paul,wilxy,dave A,Big fanny...opps sorry danny, john mc,kev fernhead and all the others who l,ve not mentioned.....so thanks papa phil......come on now barrie...your turn tomake it rock all the night til 6.....NOT 3biggrin.gif

Sorry Barrie, but you are wrong again. I made the effort and went round to see Roman and Ginger before I went ahead with my promotion. I have been straight and respectful to everyone on this scene, and as professional as possible. I have no problem what so ever with anyone running an event anywhere. I only have a problem with the way you have tried to make out that this is the same promotion. You've got Cliff and Andy Killick on, both of whom let me down on several occasions and didn't even have the decency to let me know, either before or after the event. THAT was the reason I ended it. The resident Dj's were Burnley. Some people understand that, some don't. I'm very saddened that what we had at Burnley will now be forever tarnished, for me anyway. And worse still, people who I thought were friends could treat me in such a way. Watch out for the D.T.D.A they'll stab you in the back. That's the last you'll hear from me, you all deserve each other.

p.s thanks to my real friends for posting in my defense.

Phil.

Phil,

Since the day I met you, I have never said a bad word against you, only open praise about you, to everyone I spoke with. I talked in admiration of how you brought through a very special Allnighter from the early days of the Cricket Club. I meant every word of it and still do. What you did and the way you acted as you built the event over those years, your obsession with quality and professionalism is a rare virtue.

So, when I read your comments on this thread, in particular the comments above where you lay the blame for the end of your Allnighter at the door of Cliff Camfield and myself (Andy Killick), I am disappointed.

As well as yourself, Cliff and I, along with so many others (including punters) put a lot into making Burnley what it was. Together, we broke so many new discoveries at Burnley and searched wide and far for great records. We followed your lead and I know that I did my best. I can't speak for Cliff, but I suspect he was also committed to your vision. On more than one occasion, I stepped in for you at short notice to plug the gap in your DJ line-up. I did what I could, when I could.

Only you know the real reason for why you discontinued with Burnley, but i do know that you choose to discard a lot of advice from different quarters, advice such as a more liberal musical policy, quarterly events, proactive promoting tools etc. I remember clearly a few days after your last Allnighter, I talked with you late into the night and urged you not to act hasty and leave things for a week or so and 'sleep on it', by the time morning came around, you had announced the closure. I do think that you may have regretted that decision and this has lead to much of your outspoken criticism of people, the scene in general, other venues, etc, over recent weeks. I say this because although there may be some of validity in some of the suggestions you have made over recent weeks, its the way in which you have tabled your views that has upset many people.

So far as Barrie is concerned, he is not your enemy. In fact, prior to now, he has been a strong admirer of what you have achieved. The thing is Phil, that the way you ended Burnley so suddenly, without trying new formulas and ideas, left a sense or loss and, (dare I say) even a feeling of being 'cheated on' by many people. You see, you made Burnley such a great and special Venue/Icon that it no longer belonged to you, it became a treasure and jewel in the northern scene and its fraternity. Barrie has merely responded to that need by trying to revive something that many people really weren't prepared to let go of yet.

A few days ago, Barrie asked me if I would support 'The New Burnley Allnigher' by continuing to DJ, when I could, given my commitments at short notice. Why wouldn't I agree, I have always supported The Burnley Allnighter in the past, the thought of not, never entered my mind. At that point, I didn't even know that you taken umbrage with the words that Barrie had used in his original promotional posting.

I can understand that you may be displeased that the wording did not specify that it was under new promotion, but in all honesty I do think that Barrie was innocently adventurous and wanted people to feel and know that 'The New Burnley Allnighter' would continue in the same spirit as before. I think the scene is lucky that someone like Barrie, with all his experience and knowledge of music on the scene has taken up the reins.

I am sorry you have chosen to close the chapter on our friendship, but I will never close the book on you, you are a decent man with a great heart.

Andy Killick

Phil,

Since the day I met you, I have never said a bad word against you, only open praise about you, to everyone I spoke with. I talked in admiration of how you brought through a very special Allnighter from the early days of the Cricket Club. I meant every word of it and still do. What you did and the way you acted as you built the event over those years, your obsession with quality and professionalism is a rare virtue.

So, when I read your comments on this thread, in particular the comments above where you lay the blame for the end of your Allnighter at the door of Cliff Camfield and myself (Andy Killick), I am disappointed.

As well as yourself, Cliff and I, along with so many others (including punters) put a lot into making Burnley what it was. Together, we broke so many new discoveries at Burnley and searched wide and far for great records. We followed your lead and I know that I did my best. I can't speak for Cliff, but I suspect he was also committed to your vision. On more than one occasion, I stepped in for you at short notice to plug the gap in your DJ line-up. I did what I could, when I could.

Only you know the real reason for why you discontinued with Burnley, but i do know that you choose to discard a lot of advice from different quarters, advice such as a more liberal musical policy, quarterly events, proactive promoting tools etc. I remember clearly a few days after your last Allnighter, I talked with you late into the night and urged you not to act hasty and leave things for a week or so and 'sleep on it', by the time morning came around, you had announced the closure. I do think that you may have regretted that decision and this has lead to much of your outspoken criticism of people, the scene in general, other venues, etc, over recent weeks. I say this because although there may be some of validity in some of the suggestions you have made over recent weeks, its the way in which you have tabled your views that has upset many people.

So far as Barrie is concerned, he is not your enemy. In fact, prior to now, he has been a strong admirer of what you have achieved. The thing is Phil, that the way you ended Burnley so suddenly, without trying new formulas and ideas, left a sense or loss and, (dare I say) even a feeling of being 'cheated on' by many people. You see, you made Burnley such a great and special Venue/Icon that it no longer belonged to you, it became a treasure and jewel in the northern scene and its fraternity. Barrie has merely responded to that need by trying to revive something that many people really weren't prepared to let go of yet.

A few days ago, Barrie asked me if I would support 'The New Burnley Allnigher' by continuing to DJ, when I could, given my commitments at short notice. Why wouldn't I agree, I have always supported The Burnley Allnighter in the past, the thought of not, never entered my mind. At that point, I didn't even know that you taken umbrage with the words that Barrie had used in his original promotional posting.

I can understand that you may be displeased that the wording did not specify that it was under new promotion, but in all honesty I do think that Barrie was innocently adventurous and wanted people to feel and know that 'The New Burnley Allnighter' would continue in the same spirit as before. I think the scene is lucky that someone like Barrie, with all his experience and knowledge of music on the scene has taken up the reins.

I am sorry you have chosen to close the chapter on our friendship, but I will never close the book on you, you are a decent man with a great heart.

Andy Killick

======================================================================================

Excellent post from one of the scenes nicest and honest soulsters Andy K.........

LOVE, PEACE & HAPPINESS TO ALL

Ian C

Phil,

Andy Killick

Very well said Andy, phil is a decent ,honest,passionate man, sometimes a bit naive, but whos perfect? I also think the same about barry ,, id love to see phil at burnley without his promoters head on enjoying the music having a laugh and a drink, etc ,, Anyway onwards and upwards looking forward to the 21st cliff

Guest veep1296

WELL IM VERY SORRY FOR OFFENDING YOU PHIL - AND LIKE YOU SAID ITS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PREVIOUS PROMOTIONS ( WHICH YOU DROPPED VERY QUICKLY WITHOUT GIVING ANYONE THE CHANCE OF CONTINUING FOR THE SAKE OF THE SOUL FOLKS WHO ATTENDED,AND DID ZERO TO HELP IT LIVE ONCE MORE) -

THE FORMAT PREVIOUSLY WAS FINE FROM THE POINT OF THE MUSIC AND DEE-JAYS AND INDEED THE CROWD WHO TOOK IT TO HEART - HENCE THE SAME OR SIMILAR DEE-JAY LINE UPS. AND NO ITS NOT STEELING YOUR IDEAS - THESE GUYS I HAVE KNOWN MOSTLY FOR OVER 25 YEARS - IN FACT THE TWO OF US WHO ARE SETTING THIS UP HAVE ALOMST EIGHTY YEARS EXPERIENCE ENJOYING THE NITER AND SOUL SCENE , COMPARED TO THE FEW YEARS OF THE PAST PROMOTER !

IT IS BEING CONTINUED FOR THE LOVE OF MUSIC - NEITHER OF US HAVE THE INTENTION OF PROVIDING A STAGE FOR OURSELVES TO ENJOY PERSONAL DEE-JAY'ING ACTIVITIES - UNLIKE THE PREVIOUS PROMOTER. COME TO THINK OF IT, THE CLOSURE OF THE VENUE COINCIDED WITH THAT PROMOTER SELLING UP YET AGAIN. HMM DOES THAT SMACK OF INFLATING ONES EGO THRU' TAKING AWAY OTHER FOLKS PLEASURES?

THE OLD NITER IS DEAD ,LONG LIVE THE NEW ONE

SERMON OVER - BOOK CLOSED. LEAVE IT BE.

I had my wedding reception in that very room on May 22nd 1982 :-) The day our boys DM included landed in San Carlos Bay, ......bring on the oil!!

Cant make the first one Barrie but will show up at some point.

Hi Ian.....

Looking forward to a few mid tempo 45s ...??

DF xx

Guest veep1296

===================================================================================

What the hell has it got to do with you Phil where i DJ , I dj,d for you several times at your niter ! me dj,in at this new promo as nothing whatsoever to do with what i posted, i am DJ,in at Burtonwood 15 May, Ratcliffe Niter 29 May and several other venues

over the next few months .... Your reputation is on the line How mads that blimey you where only running a bloody soul niter

I like you Phil but get real if you feel so strongly you should,nt hav packed it in, and now you hav u should be giving Barrie & Co

every support you can now that they have decieded to keep a niter going in Burnley...

Dont Keep the Faith Spread it

yes.gif

Guest veep1296

This thread is hilarious laugh.gif

Maybe Barrie could have worded his first post better but ffs.

I may be wrong but haven't there been soul events held at the Kestrel Suite for decades?

Close this thread, start a new one and then everyone will be happy thumbsup.gif

Yes Joan,

Ginger had a spell there & I had my wedding reception there.!!

DF xx aka George Hobson

Guest veep1296

Oh Joan I forgot....Roman had a do there too as I used to help set Billy Fosters gear up....both night dos though....(Roman & Gingers)

DF

I had my wedding reception in that very room on May 22nd 1982 :-) The day our boys DM included landed in San Carlos Bay, ......bring on the oil!!

Hi Ian.....

DF xx

yes.gifthumbsup.gif

LET`S PUT THIS TO BED NOW,IT`S GETTING DAFT,GROWN MEN GOING ABOUT IT LIKE SCHOOL KIDS.

I THINK EVERYONE WHO WENT TO BURNLEY WILL ACKNOWLEDGE PHIL DID A SPECIAL JOB ON THE PLACE,HE GAVE US ALL NIGHTER PEOPLE WHAT WE WANTED.6TS SOUL DANCE MUSIC THROUGH THE NIGHT,LIKE IT WAS MENT TO BE PLAYED......LOUD AND HARD.....AND IT WAS DELIVERED BY PHIL AND HIS TEAM OF DJ`S MONTH AFTER MONTH

NOW PHIL THREW THE TOWEL IN,HE HAD ENOUGH AND ENDED IT.RESPECT TO HIM FOR WHAT HE STARTED.

SHAKESPEAR SAID........THE KING IS DEAD,LONG LIVE THE KING.

MAY THE NEXT BURNLEY ALL NIGHTER, LIVE UP TO WHAT AS GONE BEFORE IT.

LOVE & PEACE.

Here,here,well said that man and good luck Barry.

Hi Ian.....

DF xx

Bloody hell Dave, it does not feel like it was 28 years ago.

Well done you and Janet.

I remember your stag do in Burnley like it was only yesterday.yes.gif

Back to The Burnley All-Nighter,

all I have to say is well done Phil for the past, and good luck Barry for the future.thumbsup.gif

Dave.

Guest veep1296

Bloody hell Dave, it does not feel like it was 28 years ago.

Well done you and Janet.

I remember your stag do in Burnley like it was only yesterday.yes.gif

I think we started at The Carlton on Standish Street near Record Exchange?? Mike Kemp, Dave Comer, Paul Bailey...not very many but quality ay!!

DFxx

post-6556-12738374291328_thumb.jpgpost-6556-12738374291328_thumb.jpgpost-6556-12738374291328_thumb.jpg

Event Title: BURNLEY ALL NITER

Event Author: 45heaven

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 21 May 2010

-------------------------------------------------

THE GREATLY SUCCESSFUL BURNLEY ALL-NITER IS ON.

PHIL WALKED OUT AND LEFT THIS HUGELY SUCCESSFUL ALLNITER - SO IN ORDER TO KEEP A NITER OF THIS CALIBRE IN BURNLEY, WE HAVE PICKED TO HIS BROKEN PIECES AND STARTED A NEW ONE - BUT LITTLE ELSE HAS CHANGED - SAME MUSIC POLICY OF HARD DRIVEN, OBSCURE NORTHERN SOUL FLOOR PLEASERS.

GREAT RESPECTED DEE-JAYS WILL BE SPINNING THE SOUNDS -DJ'S DICKIE WATT, IAN CUNLIFFE, STUART BENNETT, CAM, PETE HIGSON, PHIL THRELFALL, ANDY KILLICK.

10.00PM THRU TO 6.00AM FRIDAY 21ST MAY. £10.00 PAID ON THE DOOR.

THE KESTREL SUITE

COW LANE

BURNLEY, LANCS

BB11 1NN

NEXT CONFIRMED DATE FRIDAY 18TH JUNE 2010

CONTACTS FOR DETAILS - DAVE - 07855 183270 OR BARRIE 01282 869769

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Many thanks to Phil and everybody concerned, for making the Original Burnley Allnighter a Unique and up front venue, which in my opinion, was far too advanced for the majority. Best wishes to Barrie, and good luck in carrying on, & promoting the New Burnley Allnighter. Due to a prior commitment, myself and Ann cannot attend the May Allnighter, but we wiil be there in June.

Best Regards Ritchie & Ann Andrew. thumbsup.gif

Guest davec

Hi Ian.....

DF xx

Guest davec

I guess thats another night out we aint going to Furgy, I will try to get there Barrie, I promise.

I remember your wedding night well Furgy ,I had a very interesting chat with your mother regarding the speech I made, remember!!

Love DC

Will try and make the June one Barrie. Can't make next week as its the 100club. Hope its a good one.

Have Fun!

Kev & Imogen

======================================================================

Pity you cant make it Fri Kev was gonna buy ya a birthday drink !! see you both in June

xxx Ian

hatsoff2.gif EVEN-ING ALL....MMMMMMM..

BIKA-BIKA-BIKA.................................THIS SO CALLED SCENE GETZ BETA...FCKIN WORSE,IF YA ASK ME..U FINALY FIND A NITA I LIKE..

AND ALSO HAD THE HONOUR TO DJ AT..BUMP..BAK TO EARTH, EVERYBODY STARTS BY THROWIN THE DUMMIES AT EACH OTHER..

SHOKED..BURNLEY CLOSED..MY ARSE..THAT WAS MY RESPONCE..CUDN,T BELIEVE IT..PHONE CALL WUD U PUT IT ON "BURT"..NANANAHHH.

PHILS DOO,..PLUS I LIVE IN WOLVO..WELL IVE GOT TO FIND SUM WER ELSE I GET ON GREAT WIV..THE BOSS..GAZ..THE STAFF..ANYBODY REALLY..

AND THE MUZIC..SORTED...

WELL I,LL FIND ONE,TRUST ME..EVEN IF I HAVE TO START RUNNIN MY OWN AGAIN...I THINK 30YRS EXPERIANCE IS GUD ENUFF..20,000

RECORDS,AN A HEART FULL OV SOUL,R,n,B.FUNK...ETC..

PHIL,,LIFE GOES ON MATE,,PIK YA SELF UP AN JUST BOOGIE...

WELL;BURNLEY ALLNITA...OR...THIS IS NOT THE BURNLEY ALLNITA(realy)...TRUST ME "I,LL BE THERE"..such a jem that one..ha..

end ov the day sumbodys got to do-it....sumbodys got to loose-it.....TRUST ME I NO;;WEST MIDLANDS SHITS ON ITS OWN FOLK ASWELL.

GET IT ONNN DUUDESXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...Bored..hatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gif plus i still hate TALIBANS...ph34r.gif

BU

======================================================================

Pity you cant make it Fri Kev was gonna buy ya a birthday drink !! see you both in June

xxx Ian

Would be good Ian but 100club calls. Been a regular since I moved to London all those years ago and me and Imogen have only missed one (I think) in the last 3 yrs. yes.gif

I Find it hard to do 2 alnighters in the same weekend these days.yes.gif

I'll take a rain check on the drink though.hatsoff2.gif

Have a good one Ian.yes.gif

Kev

BIKA-BIKA-BIKA.................................THIS SO CALLED SCENE GETZ BETA...FCKIN WORSE,IF YA ASK ME..U FINALY FIND A NITA I LIKE..

AND ALSO HAD THE HONOUR TO DJ AT..BUMP..BAK TO EARTH, EVERYBODY STARTS BY THROWIN THE DUMMIES AT EACH OTHER..

SHOKED..BURNLEY CLOSED..MY ARSE..THAT WAS MY RESPONCE..CUDN,T BELIEVE IT..PHONE CALL WUD U PUT IT ON "BURT"..NANANAHHH.

PHILS DOO,..PLUS I LIVE IN WOLVO..WELL IVE GOT TO FIND SUM WER ELSE I GET ON GREAT WIV..THE BOSS..GAZ..THE STAFF..ANYBODY REALLY..

AND THE MUZIC..SORTED...

WELL I,LL FIND ONE,TRUST ME..EVEN IF I HAVE TO START RUNNIN MY OWN AGAIN...I THINK 30YRS EXPERIANCE IS GUD ENUFF..20,000

WELL;BURNLEY ALLNITA...OR...THIS IS NOT THE BURNLEY ALLNITA(realy)...TRUST ME "I,LL BE THERE"..such a jem that one..ha..

end ov the day sumbodys got to do-it....sumbodys got to loose-it.....TRUST ME I NO;;WEST MIDLANDS SHITS ON ITS OWN FOLK ASWELL.

GET IT ONNN DUUDESXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...Bored..hatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gif plus i still hate TALIBANS...ph34r.gif

BU

[/????????????????????

AND THE MUZIC..SORTED...

BU

What :thumbsup:

AND THE MUZIC..SORTED...

BU

Exactly Burt,

Can't make this one, 100 Club this weekend, but we await your report with fevered anticipation.

See you at the June one though.

Felicitations, John

I gotta have my say

Phil no disrespect and I still very much thank you for inviting me to DJ for you. ....

But I am so pleased that the night has been reborn.

The amount of piss taking mates of mine who said I helped shut it down for DJ'in on the last nite can all now fuck right off..whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

I always enjoyed Burney, great venue great music. Lets hope it's stays the same ...thumbsup.gif

Hey dolly,did i ever tell you," You did an absolutely fantastic set" ! laugh.gif

Hopefully ule soon be asked back by the new promomoters thumbsup.gif

Im looking forward to attending the new Kestrel !

Cogster

Guest Craig A Butler

Barrie,

Got bored with all the bickering but putting that aside I'm looking forward to seeing you at your new venture.

Here's hoping it will be a great success.

See ya soon, Craig

Barrie,

Got bored with all the bickering but putting that aside I'm looking forward to seeing you at your new venture.

Here's hoping it will be a great success.

See ya soon, Craig

No you didnt get bored !!!!!! and stop agreeing with me !!!

seeya Friday , with luck - did you get a dodgy passport for that dodgy Norfukker ????

have fun

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Source Advert