Just Soul - Retford - 13 Th Nov - Wow

Guest topcatnumpty1

Guest topcatnumpty1

Just got home,from this fantastic event,can,t believe we,ve missed the first 3, but have already booked for the next in March,Refreshing tunes(i,m going thru the ones i wrote down!!!) niceto see Baino and Lisa,Blake and Nicky,Mick and Lynn, the Darlo crowd and a good contingent from the Boro,not to mention the Lunatic that is Kev Johnson(the geordie one!) and all our southern friends --c.u at Oxo,s do on Dec 4th.

well done Sean,Bully ,Tats and Kev

WE,LL BE BACK

T.C and Rani

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest biggray1

Just Soul..at the centre of the soul universe...it really dont come any better.allready booked our rooms for the next episode wich is on March 5th 2011,RESPECT To the Just Soul Crew for their class choice in music..Roll on March..Graham.thumbsup.gif

can i ask all future 'posters' to temper their reviews.

we KNOW it's probably THE best evening soul event for a long, long time.

we KNOW the music is.... well.... JUST SOUL (but a whole lot more).

we KNOW that those who attend have undisputible taste in soul music.

we even KNOW that there are not many venues around where one feels one has to wash one's hands BEFORE entering the emaculate toilets, but.....

here's the rub.........

if many more fookers come along there will be NO ROOM on the dance floor

there will be NO ROOM at the tables,

in fact there'll be NO ROOM at the inn full stop.

it's not that i want to deny others the sheer joy of just soul it's just that it's a bit like the maltesa in a packet of revels... one wants to keep it for one's self and let the other buggers have the 'coffee' sweet!

perfect night guys

gonna miss march but will most certainly be back for july.

p.s. Kirsty, 04:00 a.m. downloading images with a hot steaming creamy coffee & some of the finest rock cakes i have ever tasted, perfect end to a perfect night, thank you xx).

images on https://ournorthernsouls.org

My first time there and I was absolutely stunned by the whole event . Fabulous . I am only sorry I had to go early to get ready for a 5 o'clock start at work. I am already looking forward to the next one in March . Thank you guys.

Tony

Edited by MAK

Undoubtedly the best night out for real soul fans available in the UK today...........no labels, no gimmicks, JUST SOUL.

The most appreciative crowd I have ever had the pleasure of being part of, amazing music from all the guys on the

decks, Thanks to all involved. Roll on March 5th 2011

My second visit to Just Soul & I thoroughly enjoyed it yet again , tho have to confess to feeling slightly self inflicted rough today ..

Had my 3 lovely guests staying over Moldie, Julie & Kev.. Thanku for the lovely flowers & your all welcome anytime ..

Was great to meet & see so many people .. Tony & Rani so pleased we met & hope you enjoyed your Birthday / Anniversary ..

John you looked very dapper in that suit , Barry & Coops lovely as always ...The Newark Boys Andy, Skeemer & Gez ..

Eddy & Emma Hubbard , Emma you have a fab taste in boots & hope to see you both again somewhere soon ...

Kirsty we had a lovely snuggle next to each other on the sofa at the end talking absolute drunken rubbish ha ha ..

Your lemon cake was scrummy & your husband Michael is a delight was great to finally meet him ..

If I've forgotten anyone sorry .. Loved everyones company ......

See you all again in March if not before

Claire xxx

Just want to say a BIG thank you to all those of you who made Just Soul 4 such a huge success.

It was wonderful to see our 'regular' soulful crowd supplemented by a healthy bunch of first timers, all who seemed to be enjoying the unique playlist and incredible atmosphere to the full.

Last summer folk were tipping we wouldn't need the doors open in November. How wrong they were :sweatingbullets: it was as hot as fire in there!

BIG thanks to all the DJ's also, who pulled out all the stops to keep it fresh and lively alongside the many 'Just Soul Anthems' that seem to be part and parcel of the Just Soul experience.

Special mention to Barry Cooper who provided us with a first class Sound System. Thanks Barry. A genuine Soul fan and a true Gentleman who ensured our crusty old vinyl sounded superb! :thumbsup:

Hi to all those friends I simply didn't have the time to speak to. :lol: Must try harder to take it easy next time! :lol:

For your 2011 Diary... The next event is planned for March 5th 2011, so make sure you've made that a date... but you'll be seeing us out and about in the near future, with a trip to York and London on the calendar for next Month.

Also - Just Soul hits the airwaves next weekend...

Sunday 21st Nov (10am-Midday) - a 'Just Soul' special with Tats Taylor and Sean Hampsey on Solar Radio.

Solar Radio can be found on www.solarradio.com OR you can get it on Sky Channel 0129 (why not Sky+ it and listen later!) OR you can check the link www.soulmusic.co.uk/Radio.htm later in the week to download the whole show (courtesy of Zane Hunter).

If you're already part of the Just Soul fraternity, or just want to know what all the fuss is about please join myself and Tats on Solar Radio's 'Soul People' (or listen later) next Sunday morning.

So thanks again one and all for making Just Soul so special. I can't imagine any crowd, anywhere else on the planet, packing the floor to such incredible real Soul Music such as Ann Sexton "I'm His Wife" Barbara Lynn "This Is The Thanks I Get" Jackie Moore "The Bridge That Lies Between Us" and Debbie Taylor's immortal "I Don't Wanna Leave You"... All on the same weekend that the very average Fluorescent Schmog record made £4.5k on eBay it really makes it all a nonsense!

Nuff said. No politics, Just GREAT music.

And I thank you.

Just loved it!

:ohmy:

Sean

Special mention to Barry Cooper who provided us with a first class Sound System. Thanks Barry. A genuine Soul fan and a true Gentleman who ensured our crusty old vinyl sounded superb! :sweatingbullets:

Sean

it sure makes a difference.....a decent sound system is a MUST

my first time at just soul..excellent venue and an up for it crowd....so many nice ppl there..no politics JUST SOUL for soul people

regards moldie

specials thanks too claire for 3 bowls of beef stew and dumplings..two bowls of bread and butter pudding with jelly and condensed milk and a superb fry up on sunday morning

Guest Kev Briscoe

As usual, Sean summed up the night in his inimitable way!

From my own perspective another humbling experience with so many people travelling vast distances to make it another very special night.

Most commentators make similar observations, the quality of the venue, the quality of the music and the handsomeness of the DJ's!

However, it's you the people who attend who have made 'Just Soul' what it is. After four events, we now have a hard core of regulars. Not only local but coming from the South, South West, North East, North West and everywhere in between.!

Sean's original concept was simple, play just soul music and see who comes and boy did you come!

Finally, on a purely personal note I'd like to thank Kirsty for letting me get my hands on her muffins. As I expected they were firm but with that hint of softness that us men love.

To paraphrase the Bard of Springfield.....mmmmmmmm.......muffins.

As usual, Sean summed up the night in his inimitable way!

From my own perspective another humbling experience with so many people travelling vast distances to make it another very special night.

Most commentators make similar observations, the quality of the venue, the quality of the music and the handsomeness of the DJ's!

However, it's you the people who attend who have made 'Just Soul' what it is. After four events, we now have a hard core of regulars. Not only local but coming from the South, South West, North East, North West and everywhere in between.!

Sean's original concept was simple, play just soul music and see who comes and boy did you come!

Finally, on a purely personal note I'd like to thank Kirsty for letting me get my hands on her muffins. As I expected they were firm but with that hint of softness that us men love.

To paraphrase the Bard of Springfield.....mmmmmmmm.......muffins.

I reckon you had your best Beer Glasses on Kev.........................!

NICE ONE CENTURION!

Another Great Night, for me possibly the best one yet !

After speaking to one or two "Just Soul" virgins, it appears that the "Just Soul" band wagon keeps rolling on, THANKS to you the Punters...........!

Cannot Wait until March the 5th

Bullythumbsup.gif

Guest Dave Turner

Just Soul IV

Well, what can I say that hasn't been said many times before, not just here on Soul Source but in general soulful chat country wide.

Northern, oldies, modern, jazz funk, R&B, rare soul or whatever labels one wants to use then Just Soul is none of those, it's simply what it says on the tin JUST SOUL

Absolutely fantastic night enjoying quality soul music in the company of like-minded folks who know and appreciate a soul record on it's own merits without all the "it ain't rare" "it ain't sixties", it's not fast" it's not Northern" hangups.

Sean, Tats, Kev & Bully just keep on delivering the goods time after time. Quality soul is a very deep pool indeed and I believe these guys have only scratched the surface so far, there is so much out there awaiting plays to those with the ears to listen.

I, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, look forward to whatever future Just Soul events will deliver to our appreciative ears.

Looking forward to Sean & Tats on the radio, check it out and get a taster.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Dave Turner

So thanks again one and all for making Just Soul so special. I can't imagine any crowd, anywhere else on the planet, packing the floor to such incredible real Soul Music such as Ann Sexton "I'm His Wife" Barbara Lynn "This Is The Thanks I Get" Jackie Moore "The Bridge That Lies Between Us" and Debbie Taylor's immortal "I Don't Wanna Leave You"... All on the same weekend that the very average Fluorescent Schmog record made £4.5k on eBay it really makes it all a nonsense!

And I thank you.

Just loved it!

Sean

Bloody hell outbid by $4450 quid............never mind,

Once again we have been blessed and truly humbled by a truly wonderful appreciative crowd, Myself, Sean, Kev and Bully are well aware of

the fact that it is YOU who make Just Soul what it is. There were moments on Sat Nite that just seemed surreal, i'm so proud to be part of it.

Just hope the trip continues for a long long time......cus i for one "Don't wanna get off, till the feeling stops"

Thank you

TATS

Edited by foolish fool

Following Barry's words of wisdom on the subject of 'gushing' I'm not going to. That said I cancelled a weekend in the Lakes for this one, and I just can't imagine what would stop me being there in March...

You've hit the nail right on the head for me boys.

Best to all,

RB.

Of course if youv'e been before you know just what to expect .....................but do you no.gif

I thought I knew a fair few tunes, stored up in the old grey matter over the years, but I now realise I know Jack rolleyes.gif

I should really have hovered arrond the guys sporting a note book, pen and an anorak :thumbsup:

Instead I sported a grin :g: and a pint :thumbsup:

Great Music, Great Venue, Great Company

:hatsoff2:to those who make it happen!

Another top night with the added bonus of managing to get up for breakfast this time laugh.gif

Did we re-book for march........................................................you bet wave.gif

Just want to say a BIG thank you to all those of you who made Just Soul 4 such a huge success.

It was wonderful to see our 'regular' soulful crowd supplemented by a healthy bunch of first timers, all who seemed to be enjoying the unique playlist and incredible atmosphere to the full.

Last summer folk were tipping we wouldn't need the doors open in November. How wrong they were sweatingbullets.gif it was as hot as fire in there!

BIG thanks to all the DJ's also, who pulled out all the stops to keep it fresh and lively alongside the many 'Just Soul Anthems' that seem to be part and parcel of the Just Soul experience.

Special mention to Barry Cooper who provided us with a first class Sound System. Thanks Barry. A genuine Soul fan and a true Gentleman who ensured our crusty old vinyl sounded superb! :thumbsup:

Hi to all those friends I simply didn't have the time to speak to. wave.gif Must try harder to take it easy next time! biggrin.gif

For your 2011 Diary... The next event is planned for March 5th 2011, so make sure you've made that a date... but you'll be seeing us out and about in the near future, with a trip to York and London on the calendar for next Month.

Also - Just Soul hits the airwaves next weekend...

Sunday 21st Nov (10am-Midday) - a 'Just Soul' special with Tats Taylor and Sean Hampsey on Solar Radio.

Solar Radio can be found on www.solarradio.com OR you can get it on Sky Channel 0129 (why not Sky+ it and listen later!) OR you can check the link www.soulmusic.co.uk/Radio.htm later in the week to download the whole show (courtesy of Zane Hunter).

If you're already part of the Just Soul fraternity, or just want to know what all the fuss is about please join myself and Tats on Solar Radio's 'Soul People' (or listen later) next Sunday morning.

And I thank you.

Just loved it!

Sean

Fantastic from start to finish.

Just what i want to be hearing.

Ann Sexton - I'm his Wife... one of my all time favourites (Where else would you hear this?).

Soul Music for Soul People.

Nice venue, will be back next year for sure.

Well done lads thumbsup.gif

Daz

Guest sharon k

Well it was our first visit to just soul and it certaintly wont be our last, we have already booked for march, as already said music, venue, people FANTASTIC !

And I thought it was just to be in my company Rich, thanks for the lift buddy :lol:

The best thing for me about JS is that it's the only event I don't have to drive to, 'cause Rich B picks me up on the way north beer.gifbeer.gif:thumbsup:

JS is like being invited into someones living room on a Sunday afternoon to chill out and hear back of the box nuggets that never get played out . It doesn't matter that you've never heard half of them (90% in my case :thumbsup: ), the idea is that your open to hear them. It's just that whats in the back of these guys boxes is just :g: WOW

Many nights I've been to over the years I've found to be all hype with very little substance, but JS is the opposite, no hype but substance in bucket fulls.

I was, however, dissappointed with the dress code, whats the point of making the effort but have to rub shoulders with scruffy reject hippies like Coops :lol:

by the way, how did your court case go mush? :D

Right bup your street ,i would think Mr.M-----GET to the next wun --Brill night---Eddie Floyd sounded ace!!

T.C

i,ll vouch for that Paul, Boro well represented as you know, get along with them to the next one, yeah, Eddie Floyd sounded great, played in the right place to the right people. I reckon this was the best so far, and that is saying something. Just Soul has been a scene within a scene for a long time, only thing is until a year ago we had nowhere to go, well these top lads have addressed that, as I have stated before, Just Soul will go on to legendary status, in fact it might be there already.

Kev

Once again great atmosphere, great people, packed to the rafters with people appreciating all the great tunes played throughout the night, only downside is that I'll miss the next one, but all being well see you in July.

Big thanks to those who helped me pack the equipment away at the end of the night :thumbsup:

Ps "Tats" didn't Chris Clark go down well :hatsoff2:

Barry

Once again great atmosphere, great people, packed to the rafters with people appreciating all the great tunes played throughout the night, only downside is that I'll miss the next one, but all being well see you in July.

Big thanks to those who helped me pack the equipment away at the end of the night :yes:

Ps "Tats" didn't Chris Clark go down well :thumbsup:

Barry

Sure did Barry, a lot down to the GREAT sound system you provided thumbsup.gif and me i owe you a drink wub.gifwub.gif

Guest Kev Briscoe

Big thanks to those who helped me pack the equipment away at the end of the night :wave:

Ps "Tats" didn't Chris Clark go down well :unsure:

Barry

Barry,

When you say '"Chris Clark went down well'; were you refering to the record or is there some sordid story about the singer that I haven't heard?

Kev

Guest topcatnumpty1

Barry,

When you say '"Chris Clark went down well'; were you refering to the record or is there some sordid story about the singer that I haven't heard?

Kev

Ask Mr.Gordy---rumour his him and Chris were good friends at one time!!1

T.C

Source Advert