Chris Anderton

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest uroffal

A friend inthe US has this record, he thinks its out of South bend Indiana and has appreared in a US price guide at $400-500. He thinks it may be Northern but  I dont know it....... anyone help?

Chris

link

Soundfile here - https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/rarestoftherare.htm?&pg=60

I know John auctioned one recently, but I can't remember what it went for.

Social source share

the group were war veterans hense name Survivors whistling.gif

link

if look at bottom of page , a couple of previous threads about it shows up the similar threads box

another one imo that sounds 999% better in real world

begining to wonder if may be just me pc speakers that are crap .... or me ears whistling.gif

is that straight up ginger has it ???

Social source share

Humpty Dumpty, makes no reference to him wicked.gif nor any nursery rhyme. Will have a good listen after me tea but basically says summat along the lines of "game I'd be losing" .....summat I can't make out while eating me tea but mentions dump :Punsure.gif .not humpty dumpty though then says "Heading for a fall".

As for like Lewis Clark sounds sod all like it IMHO...ones half decent record for a start :D others basically shite but sounds good played loud and is very catchy thumbsup.giflaugh.gif And who ever compared it to the Vondells wants to get their ears cleaned out tongue.gif

I got the second copy, Brian Poust advertised the copy on here and the one Manship auctioned wasn't a new copy.

There's one on e-bay now.

Social source share

weak compared to most things, Vondells is superb and who ever compared the two nees their ears weshin thumbsup.gif

Pretty safe to say there are more than 5 copies doing the rounds, don't know about quantity at any one time but the guy I mentioned has had a few in his hands over the past year.

link

or so he says........with the one on e-bay I've seen 5 copies... it's the sort of record gonna have to cash in on while it's still hot so to speak. If you ask me it will only go down in value if it turns up cause it's basically a pretty poor record and does get very boring after a while. The other side is f*cking awful and that is the top side unsure.gif

Edited by chalky
Social source share

or so he says........with the one on e-bay I've seen 5 copies...who ever told you he had quantity is full of shite if you ask me, it's the sort of record gonna have to cash in on while it's still hot so to speak.  If you ask me it will only go down in value if it turns up cause it's basically a pretty poor record and does get very boring after a while.  The other side is f*cking awful and that is the top side  thumbsup.gif

link

I'll rephrase that to agree with what Richie says, trickle them out rather than sit on it. Not going to go up in value so why sit on 'em unsure.gif

Social source share

Guest rachel

if look at bottom of page , a couple of previous threads about it shows up the similar threads box

another one imo that sounds 999% better in real world

begining to wonder if may be just me pc speakers  that are crap .... or me ears unsure.gif

is that straight up ginger has it ???

link

Agree with Mike sounds much much better out, not the greatest track but it's a good loud singalong, easy to dance to song.

Can't quite figure out those lyrics but it's definitely not humpty dumpty thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Agree with Mike sounds much much better out, not the greatest track but it's a good loud singalong, easy to dance to song.

Can't quite figure out those lyrics but it's definitely not humpty dumpty  :thumbsup:

link

"Humpty Dumty I'm heading for a fall!" Stupid lyric!

Also think it sounds somewhat like the Visitors "I'm in danger"-Bashie, At least at the beginning. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Source Advert