Va Va Voom, London, Sat 16Th April, 8Pm-3Am

Va Va Voom is back with "another, different" swish new venue & a top Dj line up!

Saturday 16th April 2011, 8pm - 3am.

New venue details,

The Papermill,

2-6 Curtain Rd, London, EC2A 3NQ.

Only 5-10 mins from original venue.

https://www.weloveloc...ll-ec2a3nq.html

£5 before 10pm

£7 After

Bringing you the finest Rare 60's & 70's Northern Soul & Crossover!

New for 2011 we are very pleased to present a soaperstar billing featuring,

Nott's Landing,

KITCH!

Dallas Soul From Beyond The South Downs,

DAVE ABBOTT!

& The Return Of,

Bedford's Very Own Baywatch,

PETE HULLAT!

Plus like a 'Crossroads' of 'Allo, Allo' & 'Eldorado' your resident Darling buds of ...April,

Joel Maslin, Yann Vatiste & Ady Lupton.

Local accommodation, transport details etc all to follow shortly.

Hope to see you there,

Cheers,

Ady

Edited by ady lupton
  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

mmmh...with no personal booking duties that night and flights still cheap....tempting...very tempting :thumbsup:

Marc,

With Solid Hit on the night before with Guest Alex Jones you could make a weekend of it. Not only that but with Va Va Vooms new venue being a couple of minutes walk from Solid Hit you'd be handly based.There's a Premier Inn minutes away thumbsup.gif

All best

Dave

And if you came the week before and hung on till the end of the month laugh.gif (Sorry Dave)

Ha Ha well it may seem it but I wasn't just randomly jumping on another nights thread.

When I spoke to Ady Lupton at 100 club he apologised for "clashing" the same weekend as Solid Hit as he hadn't known that our April night was on the Friday 15th.

When this also happened a year or so ago we actually promoted our nights as a joint London Soul Weekend & Ady suggested that we do the same this time around. So with Marc weighing up a visit plus the fact that he is also guesting at Solid Hit December 2nd I thought knowing that there were 2 nights of soul to look forward to may help him decide. There was nothing underhand ohmy.gif (not that you were suggesting that Ady :thumbsup: lol) in my post honest. hatsoff2.gif

If I've overstepped the mark if Ady or Yann want to contact me I'll delete my posts with apologies :thumbsup:

Edited by SHSDave

Ha Ha well it may seem it but I wasn't just randomly jumping on another nights thread.

When I spoke to Ady Lupton at 100 club he apologised for "clashing" the same weekend as Solid Hit as he hadn't known that our April night was on the Friday 15th.

When this also happened a year or so ago we actually promoted our nights as a joint London Soul Weekend & Ady suggested that we do the same this time around. So with Marc weighing up a visit plus the fact that he is also guesting at Solid Hit December 2nd I thought knowing that there were 2 nights of soul to look forward to may help him decide. There was nothing underhand :D (not that you were suggesting that Ady :no: lol) in my post honest. :thumbsup:

If I've overstepped the mark if Ady or Yann want to contact me I'll delete my posts with apologies :lol:

I was just larking Dave, I'm sure A&Y will be happy to turn it into a weekender, or if we include the 100 Club and Crossfire a monther.

I was just larking Dave, I'm sure A&Y will be happy to turn it into a weekender, or if we include the 100 Club and Crossfire a monther.

I know mate hence the thumbs up :thumbsup: oops here we go again :lol:

Only went into explanation mode because it wouldn't have been normally acceptable but as Ady L had suggested a double Soul Nite promotion I thought it would be ok to respond to Marcs post.

Hah...tell you what, I`ll stay the whole month then LOL ! (oh, I seem to have now shocked my friend in London who kindly offered me to stay at his place for VVV LOL !!)

fabulous :thumbsup:

If your friend is British you're ok; we never complain (except on here) :lol:

Edited by TheSoulgirl

Guest Byrney

Hope to see you there,

Cheers,

Ady

A few of us coming down for this Ady from Notts / Derby :thumbsup:

My first Va Va Voom. Looking forward to such high jinks

looking forward to spinning a few ©

what's the car parking like guys??

Parking on surrounding streets is plentiful & free at the weekend. Try Devonshire Square which normally has plenty of spaces. It's just a few minutes walk from the venue & it's also where you can find the travelodge in case anyone fancies making a weeekend of it as suggested by Dave with Solid Hit Soul on the Friday.

Guest Byrney

Great stuff, look forward to seeing you all!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Had a word with the troops and we're going to get in town early for a bite to eat before the frolics begin. Any suggestions nearby? Nowt too posh mind :lol:

Guest Byrney

Tons of places to eat round this area...not too far from the famous Brick Lane if you like a curry :lol:

Ta for that.

Love a curry - but don't want to be farting and blowing all night whilst throwing shapes.

Think we've all decided were just going to go straight on the beer (Julia on JD :rolleyes:) so might conger around a few bars before falling in the door :D

Guest Ollie Lailey

Double booked myself stupidly! But will try and make it along after my prior engagement.

Any first timers are in for a treat!

ttfn

ollie

!!!!LATE CHANGE OF VENUE!!!!!

Hi all,

Many apologies, but due to our booked venue Ball Brothers being a bunch of highly unprofessional f*ckwits, we have had to arrange an emergency last minute venue, as they have pulled the rug from under our feet with only a few days left to go.

Our NEW VENUE is THE PAPERMILL in Shoreditch (not too far from our original venue)

The Papermill

2-6 Curtain Road

London

EC2A 3NQ

020 7377 1606

Many apologies for the inconvenience this may cause to any plans you had and we hope you will all still attend as this will be a night of fantastic music from some of the scenes best soul DJs....

Luckily this venue is not very far at all (10 mins walk) from the original one so any hotel plans anyone had should not be greatly affected.

Th good news is the beer is cheaper here so it should all pan out nicely :lol: Aside from that because of this unforseen change, the night will only be running until 3am, just so you are all aware.

If anyone who is planning to come could pass this information on, the VVM team would be very grateful. We will be placing large posters with information on how to get to the new venue outside the Ballsack Brothers gaff in case of emergency.

Many thanks!

VVM Crew

post-453-0-33485900-1302711462_thumb.jpg

Edited by corbett80

!!!!LATE CHANGE OF VENUE!!!!!

Hi all,

Many apologies, but due to our booked venue Ball Brothers being a bunch of highly unprofessional f*ckwits, we have had to arrange an emergency last minute venue, as they have pulled the rug from under our feet with only a few days left to go.

Our NEW VENUE is THE PAPERMILL in Shoreditch (not too far from our original venue)

The Papermill

2-6 Curtain Road

London

EC2A 3NQ

020 7377 1606

Many apologies for the inconvenience this may cause to any plans you had and we hope you will all still attend as this will be a night of fantastic music from some of the scenes best soul DJs....

Luckily this venue is not very far at all (10 mins walk) from the original one so any hotel plans anyone had should not be greatly affected.

Th good news is the beer is cheaper here so it should all pan out nicely :lol: Aside from that because of this unforseen change, the night will only be running until 3am, just so you are all aware.

If anyone who is planning to come could pass this information on, the VVM team would be very grateful. We will be placing large posters with information on how to get to the new venue outside the Ballsack Brothers gaff in case of emergency.

Many thanks!

VVM Crew

post-453-0-33485900-1302711462_thumb.jpg

Just to add to Joel's post, it was a bloody shock & hardly the news I needed on return from holiday yesterday!!!!!

Thankfully we have managed to secure another venue which is close to the original, has a wooden dancefloor, has a cheaper bar, has an in-house sound system which I am told is very good although I haven't heard it myself yet, has good transport links plus it has a garden area for those smokers among you..

Will be updating the website & sending out emails accordingly in the next few days. Any help spreading the news would be much appreciated!

Hope to see you there,

Cheers Ady

Thankfully we have managed to secure another venue which is close to the original, has a wooden dancefloor, has a cheaper bar, has an in-house sound system which I am told is very good although I haven't heard it myself yet, has good transport links plus it has a garden area for those smokers among you..

I am not a fan of the Ball Bros venue anyway so am not unhappy that you have had to change. Hope the "in house system" is well set up for vinyl.

See you saturday night.

M

• Helpful 1

I am not a fan of the Ball Bros venue anyway so am not unhappy that you have had to change. Hope the "in house system" is well set up for vinyl.

See you saturday night.

M

Fair enough Martin, will be up there nice & early to smooth out any sound problems if there are any,

Look forward to seeing you then.

Hope it all goes well for you guys.:(

We're in Ireland this weekend otherwise we'd be there!:lol: See you at the next one.:D

Have a great time over there, we'll compare hangovers next week. Cheers x

No worries - sure we'll have a ball whatever the venue.

All looking good now & yes we will have a "ball" without the scrotum sisters, who knows it might've been a blessing in disguise.

See you tomorrow,

Cheers Ady

Here's the Dj times for you Warren, hope you can arrange your schedule around thesewink.giflaugh.gif.

8.00-9.00 Ady,Yann & Joel

9.00-9.45 Pete

9.45-10.30 Dave

10.30-11.15 Kitch

11.15-12.00 Joel

12.00-12.45 Pete

12.45-1.30 Dave

1.30-2.15 Kitch

2.15-3.00 Ady & Yann

Hope to see you all later,

Cheers Ady

I enjoyed Va Va Voom very much last Saturday night, and so did my companions, Martin (Rbman) and Sue (Soulperson) from Liverpool. The replacement venue was much better than Balls Brothers imo, and the drinks were cheaper. All the DJs did good sets, thanks to Pete, Joel and Kitch for playing my requests. It seemed that a good section of the 100 Club clientele were there, hope they enjoyed it as much as me. Much respect to the lady with the crutch who was dancing, good for you! Looking forward to the next Va Va Voom.

Source Advert